Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think we'll get something big for The Sims 20th anniversary?

Comments

• HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Hoping for Bunk beds, burglars/firefighters, Freed babies & maybe sims 1 on origin?
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Other
    Hoping for Bunk beds, burglars/firefighters, Freed babies & maybe sims 1 on origin?

I would LOVE this <3.

• CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    I'm old and jaded so I say don't ever expect plum.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Other
    Sadly if they don't announce a Maxis Monthly we won't be getting anything. Got my eyes peeled on Twitter. Only 6 days till February 4th.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    We've got sale on sims 4. Too bad there are no sales in sims 3 packs. It's the 20th anniversary. There should be sales in all iterations that are still being sold.

I'm very curious about TS3, at least from what i've researched on and read about from others. I was almost tempted by the steam version earlier on (going on sale at 75% off, but nothing on Origin? Curious).
    But i just wonder why EA don't maintain a collection of their older games on origin outside of any subscriptions?

I now feel like i've finally reached a point where my interest in TS4 is finally ebbing away. So trying out the third iteration and see what it is about i hope can provide a new lease of interest for this series. so if there is something big going on for TS3 in this anniversary, that would be great.

A patch with some nice stuff. Bunk beds and sleeping bags would be awesome and they could also throw in the hammock I have been asking for since midSims3.

I love the Sims3. I will say, don't download from their exchange/gallery. Bugs are crazy there and some will say they have no cc, but I have still found it. They have Sims4 to where cc can't come through the gallery unless you allow it, but the Sims3 gallery is unsafe. I would think carefully before downloading mods ECT and talk to some simmers who really know what they are talking about if you consider it. The Sims3 got a bad rep and it does need a good computer to run it. I have an Asus and it's great. All I know is that my game was messing up with all the bugs from the Sims3 exchange and I got fed up with it. Right before Sims3 supernatural came out, I deleted and reloaded my game as vanilla and on a good computer, had nearly no problems after.

The Sims3 has an insane amount of things to do and content. You won't be sorry. I play both 3 & 4.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Other
    Bunk beds, ladders and spiral staircases. :p
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement
    I would love to have like a Paris type vacation with Nectar Making and more baking
    Other
    Most likely nothing since there is no scheduled Maxis Monthly unless their doing a Monday MM. I asked SimGuruFrost on Twitter and didn't get a reply back and he hasn't tweeted Today about a MM so I"m assuming we probably won't get anything unless they throw in a shirt with the 20th annivesary of the Sims on it that our sims can wear.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Other
    The greatest thing they could do is release TS2 on Steam.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes, something else like an EP or GP announcement
    Most likely nothing since there is no scheduled Maxis Monthly unless their doing a Monday MM. I asked SimGuruFrost on Twitter and didn't get a reply back and he hasn't tweeted Today about a MM so I"m assuming we probably won't get anything unless they throw in a shirt with the 20th annivesary of the Sims on it that our sims can wear.

Emm... If they're not going to do anything, then the 20th is just going to be another 'figure' for them. Still, I wish that they could at least share with us, what's their next plan. Else, they could just update us with another in-game challenge (new & old) if possible by making it another work around on how we could vote for another community thing or possible new feature.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    I suppose it’s still possible that they will make an announcement of some sort today in like an hour or so....? 🤞
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Other
    Well, the Tiny Living pack is coming out for Xbox and playstation on Feb. 4th (anniversary). There you go, that's all we get :s
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes, a nice patch

That's disappointing...their not even going to bother celebrating 20 years of the Sims?? I know they have a sale, but for this type of anniversary they should do A LOT more. Not many games have lasted that long.
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Well, the Tiny Living pack is coming out for Xbox and playstation on Feb. 4th (anniversary). There you go, that's all we get :s

Yuck.....a money grabbing stuff pack is a bad way to celebrate 20 years of the Sims! :s
    Other

I wouldn't say that. In the past on the same day as console releases I've seen big updates added to the pc with new features and stuff. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, just a GIF or similar on The Sims official Twitter account
    Just a gif on twitter. Unlike any other anniversary the biggies are alwas ten and twenty etc. like in a marriage, but I doubt you get something huge. I don't think they really get the maginude of that premise.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    It had better be more than a gif on Twitter. As I said in the other thread, we will probably get the minimum of a patch with a few decor and build items that will hark back to the previous 3 games. That's the minimum because I think they should do much more than that for a 20 year anniversary. Twenty years is a real milestone! So the studio should do something uniquely special to truly honour the history of all 3 iterations of this game, and to celebrate the love and nostalgia of Simmers for their fun and quirkiness.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    Other
    bixters wrote: »

Yuck.....a money grabbing stuff pack is a bad way to celebrate 20 years of the Sims! :s

I wouldn't say that. In the past on the same day as console releases I've seen big updates added to the pc with new features and stuff. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Guess we will find out in a few days. After 20 years of playing, that is huge to me. Hope it is something good though.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited February 2020
    Yes, a nice patch
    SimCity franchise is 30 years old and Maxis never did something for the anniversaries...

The Sims franchise isn't the same thing, EA HQ cares about it.

• rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Other
    I think we'll get a patch. Initially I though something big, but since we've been told to manage expectations, I think it'll probably be something along the lines of new CAS and maybe a smaller update like when they introduced party crackers.

I will keep my fingers crossed for some sort of overhaul though, like better babies or an upgrade to relationships/traits.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Yes, a nice patch
    Origin updated last night for some reason, but other than that there has been no sign that anything is happening in honour of the anniversary and it is already Feb. 4th (which is the actual day). In game or on the forums, there's also not much of an indication that we are getting anything yet. Has EA ever given the community anything as a total surprise, with no announcement or publicity or any accompanying media? I really hope they do something celebratory, because 20 years is a real milestone.

I would have thought, at the very least, they'd put something up (a decoration or a blog post) on the main site, offer one or more of the old titles (TS1 or TS2) for free through Origin, put everything on sale (including the Stuff packs), and maybe give us a few nostalgic items and CAS outfits through a patch. Actually, I think we should get something more than that, like a new feature, new neighbourhood for the game like Newcrest, or a bit of a game overhaul, in celebration. Frankly, it will be a real missed opportunity if they don't do much of anything or give us only a free CAS t-shirt or the like.
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Other
    20 years of Sims deserves something noteworthy imo. An announcement of yet another pack I need to buy does not reflect 20 years of loyalty and fun; it reflects wanting more money, so I hope it's not just an announcement.

I'd like to see a free patch that actually improves the base game (e.g., sim relationships, emotion-overhaul, trait-overhaul, whim-overhaul -- anything that makes them more unique and intelligent). Or at least adds something that changes the overall game for the better for everyone.

What I don't want to see: free in-game content that is simply more of the same with no thought nor effort (e.g., t-shirt with "20 years of sims" or whatever, yet more clothing or items -- it's 20 years people!).
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2020
    SAEldarin wrote: »
    20 years of Sims deserves something noteworthy imo. An announcement of yet another pack I need to buy does not reflect 20 years of loyalty and fun; it reflects wanting more money, so I hope it's not just an announcement.

I'd like to see a free patch that actually improves the base game (e.g., sim relationships, emotion-overhaul, trait-overhaul, whim-overhaul -- anything that makes them more unique and intelligent). Or at least adds something that changes the overall game for the better for everyone.

What I don't want to see: free in-game content that is simply more of the same with no thought nor effort (e.g., t-shirt with "20 years of sims" or whatever, yet more clothing or items -- it's 20 years people!).

It'll likely be a t-shirt though. Don't expect nothing big.

Freeplay got some free novelty clothes, while Mobile got a free (you have to do a quest though) reskinned sims themed hot tub (but we won't get that because hot tubs are an exclusive object to the SP).... either way we should expect something along those lines.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    twitter just updated they're giving away 20 codes.

hopefully that's....not it.....
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited February 2020
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    twitter just updated they're giving away 20 codes.

hopefully that's....not it.....

I wouldn't bet on that.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1