Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 gender patch, and The Sims 5

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I don't want this option. I prefer biology in my games. Others can use a gender patch option for same sex couples like they do in TS4 for those options. I hope biology believers will be respected.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    Lquinn wrote: »
    Let's see where science is in 25 years.

So far? B)
    Trasplante de útero a mujeres trans para quedar embarazadas podría ser una realidad
    Uterus transplant for trans women to get pregnant could be a reality
    http://www.bodaslgbtttielportal.com.mx/blog/2019/02/13/820/

Psst:
    Reading further, gender patch is coming to real life faster than one can think

I am just fine without my game being politically correct like everything else.
    I think it's fine the way it is, and if they wanna go with something like this, do what they did in TS4 but DO NOT force this on us....
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Nope, I like having the choice. I want some sims straight, some gay, some bi/pan, and some trans. Sometimes I want straight realism meaning only girls get pregnant and only boys impregnate and other times I want fantasy where that is reversed. I don’t want it to be a built in feature that is predetermined for me. I think the way it’s set up in CAS now is perfect because we can customize all of it according to story, play style, and sim individuality.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    No, I don't want this option. I prefer biology in my games. Others can use a gender patch option for same sex couples like they do in TS4 for those options. I hope biology believers will be respected.

I fully agree.

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i also fully disagree with this so my answer is also no to this since i would not went this in the sims5 and in my honest opinion as a sim player its for the player to decide and if i think story wise if the player story mention that they chose to adopt or go true with a pregnancy in the game its the player that decide how it go and should remain optional its for the player to decide the way there sims lived
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    So what you are saying is you want female sims to be able to pregnant everyone including the same sex and males to do the same? If that is so I already do that in Sims 4.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I am just fine without my game being politically correct like everything else.
    I think it's fine the way it is, and if they wanna go with something like this, do what they did in TS4 but DO NOT force this on us....

I don't think think this is even a case of political correctness. For example, it's not transphobic to like the way the game is now. I can make my male sims get pregnant just as easily as my female sims with any number of mods I have. I've got Townie/NPC Sims placed in all manner on the gender spectrum without having their default be intersex.

I feel like it would be more work to have to manually select cis/trans/other and female/male/trans/other for each sim rather than the current model.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited January 2020
    @Cinebar wrote: »

Please no religion in the game :p !

I understand your reaction but the Male pregnancy is already in the game since 2004.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
    edited January 2020

Please no religion in the game :p !

I understand your reaction but the Male pregnancy is already in the game since 2004.

I didn't mention religion. I said biology. I like fantasy in the games, however, the OP is requesting this be the norm for every Sim, no gender differences at all and as a blanket way to play the game. I think they did a great job with how they handled the gender patch. I think it met the expectations of most people whether they play transgenders or not etc. They may not have said it the way I did, but most people in this thread certainly meant what I said, biology. The gender patch does a good job of playing outside the box of biology already, I would not like those choices on all Sims. That is why we have a filter which I think is the best choice to satisfy most.

ETA: And as far as aliens and males why does everyone think the alien impregnated the male by the human standards of how one gets there? Maybe it's not that at all. :)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 889 Member
    I wouldn't mind this being in the game at the get go rather than come later in a patch, but I would rather these options to be something you have to select for specific sims in CAS rather than them being the default state of all sims.
    ETA: And as far as aliens and males why does everyone think the alien impregnated the male by the human standards of how one gets there? Maybe it's not that at all. :)

We don't even know how the male can impregnate... maybe they are not humans... maybe they are sims :p !

We don't even know how the male can impregnate... maybe they are not humans... maybe they are sims :p !

LOL, exactly.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Personally I would not like this in the game, there are already CAS ways to make a male into female and vice versa, that should be enough, I would not like this being forced in the game.
  • vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    😬 so conducting a life simulation into a fabricated disillusion. Sounds physiologically harmful.
  • BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I think that the gender identity/expression options should be in every base-game from now on, and I also think that automatically generated sims should (in a small number relative to the real life) show gender diversity. However, I don't think that sex should be eliminated from the game. Sex is a reality, just as gender identity is.
    OO2UdmJ.png
    edited January 2020
    I was wondering since TS4 supposedly reflects technology that has replaced some older technology like cell phones only and no home phones and no newspapers anymore etc., then in TS5 maybe they should consider how science is changing things and skip Sims from getting pregnant altogether, and just have test tube babies, and some today can go ahead and pick eye color, hair color etc. by genectically engineered processes and just eliminate old ways of doing things since science in the near future (and in some circles already) will allow people to just skip the basics and go for a test tube raised in an incubator.
    "some today can go ahead and pick eye color, hair color etc. by genectically engineered processes...science in the near future (and in some circles already) will allow people to just skip the basics and go for a test tube raised in an incubator."

This isn't a thing, this won't ever be a thing as there are more than enough ethical boundaries. Please don't bring up outraged, debunkable opinions as science, especially in a topic of sensitivity such as this. We can have this conversation but let's not devolve.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It's a no for me, I tend keep that realistic with the female being the pregnant one.
    giphy.gif

edited January 2020
    and some today can go ahead and pick eye color, hair color etc. by genetically engineered processes

I know that technology it's called "Create-A-Sim" :p

Maybe the sims were inspired by Gattaca (1997) movie, their technology is more advanced than ours.
    They can even choose the gender of the baby by eating things and listening to music.

Biology, technology, reality, ... it doesn't matter because the sims have their own rules.
    edited January 2020
    "some today can go ahead and pick eye color, hair color etc. by genectically engineered processes...science in the near future (and in some circles already) will allow people to just skip the basics and go for a test tube raised in an incubator."

This isn't a thing, this won't ever be a thing as there are more than enough ethical boundaries. Please don't bring up outraged, debunkable opinions as science, especially in a topic of sensitivity such as this. We can have this conversation but let's not devolve.

It is a 'thing' and very much on the forefront of life in the very near future. But only the very rich can do this now. (The science is there) and some very wealthy have signed up to make these choices.
  • Doxiedog6Doxiedog6 Posts: 47 Member
    As a free option, sure.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    Poor males. They don't have the body parts that make pregnancy and labor safe or remotely healthy.

I don't want any of my sim people without "uteri" (even if it's mostly in my mind) to get pregnant. AND if they don't have ... a "safe passage" exitway, ahem ... they'd need serious medical supervision and a c-section (even if vague or pretend). That's me (how I view it).

Because I worry about the poor males (and realism, for human sims).

BTW, biological sex getting neutralized is NOT remotely the same as *gender* neutral. (And, heh, getting neutered doesn't help make babies, but that's viewing it a different way, yes.)

Biological sex is real, but gender? Not so much; it's a psychological veneer.

Also, a uterus transplant (for a trans WOMAN, I'm assuming) is one thing and VERY different from a male (who's also a man) getting "pregnant" without one.

---

I.E., no.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
    Cinebar wrote: »

It is a 'thing' and very much on the forefront of life in the very near future. But only the very rich can do this now. (The science is there) and some very wealthy have signed up to make these choices.

Are you talking about In Vitro?
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,183 Member
    Never a boring moment on this forum. ;)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion