Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I think I should have posted the profile pic, as that one makes the issue clear. The face profile is rather strong, but that one point between mouth and nose is fixed, which results in some weird fold. The angle is even steeper with the original nose position.
    3ZLWY1B.jpg

Anyway, Adrian, the oldest son of Eddy and Paul, aged up to teen.
    FDoOrHz.jpg
    He's got Eddy's face and eye shape, but Paul's nose, mouth and eye color.

I don't think I posted Janna and Kristin Kimura yet, the children of Tori Kimura and Hank Goddard.
    KJAYRF5.jpg
    JXYo6BE.jpg
  • zagbooruleszagboorules Posts: 474 Member
    I've got a few examples, mother & father on the left, child on the right:

5UKVi1F.png

mzUqSd8.png

iniqO03.png

vcBImS3.png
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    @zagboorules -very nice sims. You can definitely trace their genetic parentage.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    @Turjan Thanks for showing the profile pic. It gives a better idea of what's going wrong.
    Adrian is a cutie! I have always had a soft spot for Eddy :)
    I can see Hank in Janna and Kristin!

@zagboorules Lovely looking sims :)
    The first three children of Lucas and Gwen aged up to teen.
    Here are the parents, Gwen and Lucas.
    kqhXKH0.jpg
    Rh4t0RT.jpg
    Alice, the oldest daughter.
    nRQt3ao.jpg
    The twins (three days younger, which is practically nothing on epic lifespan), Bernard and Bianca.
    wzXC25N.jpg
    2fc3bi2.jpg
    edited February 2020
    @Turjan Alice, Bernard and Bianca are good looking sims! Lucas's lips turn out thick on girls! Gwen's nose looks good on Bernard :)
    Is Gwen your version of Bebe Hart or is she descended from Bebe? I think you may have told me a while back but I can't remember.
    @Mikezumi Yes, Gwen was my edit of Bebe Hart. I had changed her name because I thought it was a bit too much of an edit.
    The Stout girls pretty much all have those thick lips. I don't remember whether this came from Jamie or Marcus.
    Bernard has quite a few more features from Bebe's face, whereas Alice is pretty much a Lucas copy. Bianca is fortunately a mix, so everyone looks different :smile: .
    Today's birthdays were quite boring. The parents are two of the former IF's of Marcus' kids. The father was remixed with Gobias Koffi and Susan Wainwright as parents, but I forgot about who I took for the mother (some dead people, probably Clavell/Andrews, but I don't really know anymore). The parents:
    ZD1c9aJ.jpg
    tS4EgWb.jpg
    Sebastian
    2N5AMqe.jpg
    Monty
    CMYVcXb.jpg
    So we have basically one copy of mom and one of dad. I may remix these.
    @Turjan Although the boys do mostly look like clones of their parents, they both seem to share the same mouth.
    edited February 2020
    Yeah, I wasn't sure whether Monty may have got Puzzle's (the mother's) mouth. The space between nose and mouth looks slightly different to his father's. I would probably have to look at the YA stage though.
    Jared and Jensen had another child today. His name is Tytus and I am pretty sure he is a Jensen clone although there did seem to be something a little different when I took a close look in CAS so maybe he's not completely a clone. Having said that, I will probably re-roll his genetics next time I load the save.
    49499328902_de08004de1_o.jpg
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited February 2020
    I can't wait to see what their kids look like. In sims 4, their eldest son took after his father in his whole appearance, but had his mother's eyes.

If you can't tell, I did use custom sliders on them. Especially their mouths and I think around the eyes.

49499393912_353553f01b_h.jpg
    49499394157_fb32d2be4b_h.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth I hope you are happy with their kids :)
    I can't tell you have used custom sliders but it's usually not obvious unless you use really drastic ones, like uneven sliders.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @HillyBeth I hope you are happy with their kids :)
    I can't tell you have used custom sliders but it's usually not obvious unless you use really drastic ones, like uneven sliders.

Thanks! I love how they turned out. This was my first time putting makeup on a male sim, but it makes him look better, right?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Here are some obvious uses of custom sliders - bent noses, eyes pointing in different directions, uneven mouths, jawlines that aren't possible with EA sliders.
    45594723652_934f8a8679_o.jpg
    45110514374_7c32c65077_o.jpg
    48651349683_e93cfd0415_o.jpg
    47066127501_e9431202a0_o.jpg
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    @HillyBeth Here are some obvious uses of custom sliders - bent noses, eyes pointing in different directions, uneven mouths, jawlines that aren't possible with EA sliders.
    45594723652_934f8a8679_o.jpg
    45110514374_7c32c65077_o.jpg
    48651349683_e93cfd0415_o.jpg
    47066127501_e9431202a0_o.jpg

That last one: <3<3 MEOW! <3<3
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    edited February 2020
    @Mikezumi Tytus has already a rather adult face. You can clearly see how he will turn out :smile: .

I had a few more teens show up.
    First is Carlotta, Jose and Carla's daughter, one of Marcus' and Jamie's granddaughters.
    DPaxuV4.jpg
    The parents:
    5R2rR0r.jpg
    8jn2PZE.jpg
    She looks mostly if not all like dad (or like her grandma Racheal).

Here's Clinton Kimura, a son of Tori Kimura and Jared Frio.
    LIPYlBU.jpg
    He may have Jared's eyes, but he's mostly Tori otherwise. Not that it matters, as I don't expect him to reproduce, given the traits he collected.

Going back to Claire Ursine, I decided on an overhaul, which is a bit more drastic than usual, but I couldn't get rid of those artifacts otherwise.
    fuhS8oj.jpg
    I remixed Rashida (Claire x Jared) and Darrel (Claire x Marcus)
    Hd6HIvz.jpg
    XstiDRY.jpg
    kT9htsY.jpg
    aG4L2Gd.jpg
    There's still a lot of Claire in both.

@Turjan Does Carlotta have Frio blood? There's something about her eyes and nose that makes me think of Connor.
    Clinton's eyes could be Jared's!
    Darrel is a good looking boy! :)
    @Mikezumi Thanks!
    Yes, Jose (Carlotta's father, plus his original brother and parents, all former puddings) is made from the Frio brothers. The slightly edited Frio brothers themselves are also in my game, all as part of one family.
    edited February 2020
    The next batch aged up to teen. First is Elena Koffi, by Cosmo Koffi (Gobias Koffi x Susan Wainwright) and Angelica Koffi (technically a daughter of Marcus, but genetically unrelated, because she started as simbot):
    IuHPSBC.jpg
    Parents
    AcNmYgv.jpg
    ENn37wY.jpg
    She's mostly mom, although she may have her father's somewhat wider face. Not sure whether partial nose sliders inherit, as her nose bridge looks more like dad's, but it may also just be some of the usual teen weirdness.

Next is Bennie Sekemoto, a grandson of Marcus, by Sam Sekemoto and his wife Fiona
    sIfzuX6.jpg
    Parents
    XDMiMgO.jpg
    qdvFKIV.jpg
    He looks more like Sam. The upper head may be more like the Stout side of the family.

Here's Edwin Sekemoto, by Leighton and Bella (Bachelor) Sekemoto:
    lKHAcr3.jpg
    Parents
    kfOSXSr.jpg
    8z5sFSt.jpg
    Their last son Avery was Leighton, and this is Bella's revenge :lol:
    His brothers Avery (I haven't changed the hair color yet :smiley: ) and Timmothy (Bella x Marcus) are on this image (from the right):
    mMU9w9R.jpg

As he is on the last image and I only showed a sneak peek so far, here's Darryl Stepp (by Marcus and Terrill Stepp)
    m6o7MI5.jpg
    His other father Terrill, who he mostly looks like.
    lwrIJtT.jpg
    As with his father, I used the mustache to somehow deal with the nose-mouth distance.
    oVTgRLq.jpg
    I should get more mustaches, I guess.

@Turjan I can't quite tell who Elena favours most but she seems to have a little a both her parents in her.
    Bennie does seem to favour Sam most.
    Edwin is definitely more like his mother!
    Darryl is very much like his dad Terrill. Is the nose/mouth distance less obvious in the YA stage? I use a mouth height slider which doesn't affect the YA stage because it can get quite pronounced (and ugly) in stages other than YA! :confounded:
    edited February 2020
    @Mikezumi do you happen to have a link to the asymmetrical face slider mod you mentioned before?
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @HillyBeth Look up OneEuroMutt sliders. She has a whole section of "uneven" sliders.
    edited February 2020
    @Mikezumi Elena seems to have some mixed heritage, and the nose itself looks mixed to me. It definitely has the curvature of Angelica's nose (Cosmo has the opposite curvature from his father Gobias), but the bridge and the region around the nostrils look more like Cosmo's. Other than that, the parents' faces are not that terribly different, I guess (the pic is from before I changed the hair).
    HKhlJXT.jpg
    Regarding Darryl, I don't think it will get better in the YA stage. As I mentioned, I chose Terrill's beard explicitly to minimize the effect of the long spaces above and below the mouth. The two horizontal beard lines somehow distract from those features and make the result look quite good, at least in my opinion. I guess I will give Darryl the same beard as soon as it gets available at the YA stage.

What kind of mouth slider were you referring to? The same you suggested to HillyBeth?