Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm not sure we are ever getting my first pet stuff

The next stuff pack has a release date for pc and console, console 3rd September and I'm just not sure we are ever getting it cause we are all caught up bar that pack haha

Comments

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    It will probably come out this month the same time at moschino stuff for pc the 13th of this month, I think if it doesn't maybe it wont lol
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    So R.I.P MFPS? It feels like we're never going to get it.

I mean, I like some of the stuff shown in the moschino pack but we've been waiting how long for pets stuff?

They don't know how to put it on consoles? It could just be me but it really feels like the console port of this game was an afterthought.

Don't get me wrong, I've played games where console ports get updated after PC but those games... They fix the bugs found in the PC version before sending the update to certification, give release dates for updates (did anyone else noticed the bragging going on with IL announcing PC and console release dates?) and for the most part the end result is up-to-date with PC and bug free.

I have an issue with that first tweet, it's like the devs are saying "If there's not enough people asking for this, we won't port it" and that doesn't sit well with me. They've mentioned the fact that they want consoles to be on par with the PC version, never bring up the fact we're one dlc pack behind and then dangle the thing in front of us like a carrot on a stick saying they want to port it but don't know how?

It's because it's dlc for dlc isn't it? I would say they should've thought about that when making MFPS but I don't think the console port existed at the time. Which begs the question- do the console ports exist because they were planned in the first place or made to just make more money?

I'm probably being too harsh, I've had a rough couple of days but getting my thoughts down like this is cathartic and I don't mind being proven wrong.

I want to be hyped for the new pack as it releases on PS4 around my birthday but it just boils down to a "have and have nots" mindset because one piece of dlc not ported, one that I would like to buy regardless of controversy.

• drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    This pack isn’t as straightforward as the others because it’s reliant on another DLC to access all of the content. Without C&D you can’t use half of the entire pack. It was predatory when they did it the first time, it will be just as predatory the second time if they release it. I have serious doubts about it, and I’m ok with them skipping it. There is no reason to try to make bad ideas into something good, let them die.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited August 2019
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • PlumbobMafiaQueenPlumbobMafiaQueen Posts: 147 Member
    I don't really want this pack.. It does have a ton of hate and I appreciate efort maxis put into each update, patch and pack but it seems like it all should of been in cats & dogs :'( Its a pack that is just showing EA is money hungry and want you to pay for stuff that wasn't added to cats & dogs..
  • VenitiaVenitia Posts: 20 Member
    I have been wanting this pack and so really hope they will actually port it over. If not? Well, might as well switch from console to pc. But at the same time I don't want to have to buy all of the packs again. I really want all of the pets in MFPS and quite a bit of the furniture. I am really tempted to switch to pc anyways, but if I do I will only buy everything when it is on sale, unless it is a pack I already don't have.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    This pack isn’t as straightforward as the others because it’s reliant on another DLC to access all of the content. Without C&D you can’t use half of the entire pack. It was predatory when they did it the first time, it will be just as predatory the second time if they release it. I have serious doubts about it, and I’m ok with them skipping it. There is no reason to try to make bad ideas into something good, let them die.

but it does the same thing on PC and they released it anyway, why is it suddenly an issue for consoles that's what I don't get.
    if they won't/can't release it for console then I say they should at least patch the normal BB objects into the console basegame, I don't care about the cat/dog clothing or the hamsters but that fishtable....I just want that table!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    edited August 2019
    Whilst they are at it I was they would make better pet beds and make the pets have more freewill cause my pet won't go to bed unless I tell them which is annoying j also hate that they are flat haha
    Post edited by Bluebirddevil5970 on
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited August 2019
    RavenSpit wrote: »

but it does the same thing on PC and they released it anyway, why is it suddenly an issue for consoles that's what I don't get.
    if they won't/can't release it for console then I say they should at least patch the normal BB objects into the console basegame, I don't care about the cat/dog clothing or the hamsters but that fishtable....I just want that table!

They have a lot more freedom with PC since The Sims 4 is only available through EA’s Origin sharing platform. With Sony/Microsoft there’s hoops they have to jump through before shipping something as simple as a game patch. I’d imagine they’d have a tricky time explaining the goal with this pack and why they should host a DLC that explicitly requires another DLC (on top of the full priced base game) on their store.

Back when MFPS was coming out the developers literally pleaded for those who didn’t own C&D not to buy the pack. Because for people who don’t own it, you are losing half of the entire pack. Sure it comes with a few CAS recolors and some new objects for buy mode, but the bulk of the pack is for cats and dogs.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    @drake_mccarty oh, okay thanks for explaining, that makes sense.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• fresh1313fresh1313 Posts: 2 New Member
    I just want the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 hamster so I can have the death and I wouldn’t mind the aquarium coffee table!! Can we just get it in a patch? PLEASE! I want my rat ghost!!! 🐀 👻
  • fresh1313fresh1313 Posts: 2 New Member
    *🐸🐸🐸🐸 hamster.
  • Esche93Esche93 Posts: 1 New Member
    Honestly, they are in between a rock and two thorns in this case. They knowingly know MFPS was a disaster at launch due to it being reliant on Cats and Dogs to access the full amount of content - however it was at a time where EA was testing the waters with DLC that was under heavy scrutiny.

With that being said - they could release it and get the same backlash they did with PC, or they could bundle it with Cats and Dogs at no extra cost as well as allow purchases of Cats and Dogs to access the DLC for free. However, you also have mother-EA who will be looking at that as a waste of time and resources.

Therefor, at this current time i'm sure they are wondering how they will release the pack because we know its not so much the technical restraints as it is the corporate ones.

*Kermit sips his tea*
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I supppse the real question is; How long can EA/Maxis withhold MFPS from console players with such a flimsy excuse?
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Posts: 66 Member
    edited September 2019
    They could withhold it forever.. I don't see why they should worry about it though. It's not like reviews are selling this game and ever since they put Sims 4 on Xbox Game Pass so everyone and their brother could review it without having to actually purchase it, it's got the lowest score of all platforms. Nothing is going to raise it up from a 3.0 so they might as well just throw it on there and let the people complain.
    Post edited by vyvexthorne on
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Perhaps they will merge it with TS4 Cats and dogs for consoles in a bundle. And for those who already have cats and dogs installed, we will get a free update.
  • HayleyN2019HayleyN2019 Posts: 13 New Member
    For me it's more that they say they want us on par with the PC/Mac version of the game but then can't release the pack that can get us there, if you can't release that pack then don't say things like this cause we'll never be on par with PC/Mac without it
    For me it's more that they say they want us on par with the PC/Mac version of the game but then can't release the pack that can get us there, if you can't release that pack then don't say things like this cause we'll never be on par with PC/Mac without it

Yes this, they practically boasted about PC and Console being up-to-date a while ago yet still no news on MFPS. Either Sony or Microsoft are in a snit over the "it's DLC for DLC" thing or someone higher-up the game dev chain doesn't want it to be released because of the original controversy.

Would be nice if the devs could tell us more othe than a vague maybe. Perhaps people need to keep bugging them, or something.

I don't know, we don't know anything and it's been, what, a couple of years? I don't use social media so I can't exactly ask anyway but, it would be fantastic if we were actually up-to-date pack wise.

Oh well, I'm waiting for the UI scaling update to hit PS4 before I start playing regularly again, I actually need it to play for more than a few hours. With the UI in its current state I get headaches after a while and stopped playing for my health.

• ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member

Yes this, they practically boasted about PC and Console being up-to-date a while ago yet still no news on MFPS. Either Sony or Microsoft are in a snit over the "it's DLC for DLC" thing or someone higher-up the game dev chain doesn't want it to be released because of the original controversy.

Would be nice if the devs could tell us more othe than a vague maybe. Perhaps people need to keep bugging them, or something.

I don't know, we don't know anything and it's been, what, a couple of years? I don't use social media so I can't exactly ask anyway but, it would be fantastic if we were actually up-to-date pack wise.

Oh well, I'm waiting for the UI scaling update to hit PS4 before I start playing regularly again, I actually need it to play for more than a few hours. With the UI in its current state I get headaches after a while and stopped playing for my health.

Given up on MFP stuff lol the devs have moved on as you’ve stated lol

What’s up with the UI?

• NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    And from voting options for the community stuff pack, console might have a hard time getting another pack because it would need another DLC again if pet jumpers win, unless they managed to do my first pet
    ddd994 wrote: »

Given up on MFP stuff lol the devs have moved on as you’ve stated lol

What’s up with the UI?

I'm vision impaired the UI is too small for to read comfortably, so even trying to ignore everything except the Needs, Inventory and Career panels still gives me a headache after a while. I hope console gets the UI scaling update, I love to properly enjoy the game headache free.

• vincentvega8899vincentvega8899 Posts: 103 Member
    Screw the stuff pack even though I do secretly want it. Let’s get a whole new one only for console lol
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    It still bugs me that they have difficult adding this to consoles when consoles are full of worse micro-transactions 🤦‍♀️ to Sony and Microsoft: your hypocrisy is showing.