Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is the gallery down for maitnance?

as anyone tryed to acess the gallery today seem the gallery is down? so making me wonder if they are doing maitnance to the gallery
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• randy2355randy2355 Posts: 157 Member
    for a few days now, I have not been able to access the gallary. It says that I have to exit the game for a madatory update. Origin is not automatically updating, nor have I found a way to manually update. What am I missing?
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    randy2355 wrote: »
    for a few days now, I have not been able to access the gallary. It says that I have to exit the game for a madatory update. Origin is not automatically updating, nor have I found a way to manually update. What am I missing?

I rage quit last night because I couldn’t get on the gallery no matter what I did. Origin did update yesterday but it was weird about it. I made me log in then it said I was offline so I closed it and came on here to see what was up, couldn’t find any info, went back out and re-opened Origin to try and log in again and suddenly it was updating. 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I had issues last night, haven't tried today. I could open the gallery but there was nothing in it, no builds or sims, or anything, as if no one had ever uploaded a single thing to it.
    randy2355 wrote: »

I rage quit last night because I couldn’t get on the gallery no matter what I did. Origin did update yesterday but it was weird about it. I made me log in then it said I was offline so I closed it and came on here to see what was up, couldn’t find any info, went back out and re-opened Origin to try and log in again and suddenly it was updating. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I've done that multiple times..logged out and logged back in...nothing....wont even let me go into online mode.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 252 Member
    edited January 2020
    OOOoooh I just got to test this BRB.

Edit: Not Fair Origin.

I moved the browser window, I started Origin, I logged in, I started Sims 4, I opened the Gallery.

And it worked!

And here was, I a senior citizen ex miltary man, really looking forward to another knockdown drag outside and give a kicking to someone named EA-someone too. I like getting warning emails from EA-someone.
    I usually reply with bah humbug raspberry etc. Thank your mother for the rabbits anyway.
    edited January 2020
    Ope, I tried it again, on the third try, it started installing the update!

edit: I'm back in buisness! everything is woking! Yayyy!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I had issues connecting last night, and thought it was just my internet.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I don't know that it's down for maintenance but there are two other threads of ppl having issues with it and I am too so you aren't alone. It's been down since yesterday for me. Hopefully they will be able to fix it quickly
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    just tweeted the issue to @SimGuruNick
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Down for me first thing this morning but I was
    also up before the gurus. Hopefully they can sort it out soon.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I am also having troubles with getting into the gallery. I am online with origin, start up the game and then the game tells me I am not connected so I can't use the gallery. And I can't go online within the game.
    I got the gallery back in after repairing my game and deleting the cache of the game and origin. I hope it will stay working now.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's been having issues since the whole cross platform thing came into play. For now, I've found that logging out of origin and re-logging will connect me. Hopefully they can stabilize this soon.

Obviously this work-around won't help console simmers, I'm not sure if it's the same fate for them or not.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited January 2020
    Hey everyone, this thread doesn't belong on the feedback section, so I'm going to lock it here.
    We had a maintenance yesterday to address some connection issues with the Gallery, if you are still having issues now, please, let us know here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Cannot-connect-to-Gallery/m-p/8672571#M164104

For Origin related issues, please post on the Origin forums: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/bd-p/origin-technical-issues-en
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top