Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers

Comments

• ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    The toddlers are so cute and I love the little books they can read from the toddler bookshelf
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I love toddlers, except when they're having trouble being fed because the adult to toddler ratio is off and they're doing the everyone take the kid out of the high chair, check their needs, and then put them back routine.

But that's not the Toddler's fault. :smiley:

I found a way around that 'highchair' problem in the game. Put food out low, on a table, even on the floor for them to eat. Or have a child, teen or young adult/ adult/ elder bring a serving.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Other than the high chair debacle, toddlers might actually be the “smartest” designed Sims in the game 🤣🤣
    Other than the high chair debacle, toddlers might actually be the “smartest” designed Sims in the game 🤣🤣

Yes. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I love toddlers, except when they're having trouble being fed because the adult to toddler ratio is off and they're doing the everyone take the kid out of the high chair, check their needs, and then put them back routine.

But that's not the Toddler's fault. :smiley:

I found a way around that 'highchair' problem in the game. Put food out low, on a table, even on the floor for them to eat. Or have a child, teen or young adult/ adult/ elder bring a serving.

I do that too. Or I drag the plate into their inventory so they can take it out and eat it on a living chair or stool I add in the kitchen and have them sit on ... so they don't wander away with food and eat alone in the living room lol. It's so sad that they can't sit on the dining chairs.

I also put apples, bananas, carrots and grapes in their inventory for emergency bites. I had one toddler taken away because I sent twins to daycare and then went to another lot, and when I returned the toddlers came back from daycare both starving and one of them got stuck and couldn't walk to the table in time and then poof she was gone. So I had to reload the save and now I make sure I always put some fruits and veggies in their inventory.

Does anyone know if there is a way to give the toddlers the sippy cups of milk and orange juice without having a high chair?
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I like toddlers! They add charm to the household, and lots of extra work.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
    elliendre wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a way to give the toddlers the sippy cups of milk and orange juice without having a high chair?
    I've seen children get it for them mostly, teens, young adults and sometimes an adult, autonomously.

How to do it manually? I don't know. I'll test it out.

Honestly, I don't like the highchair anymore.

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

I've seen children get it for them mostly, teens, young adults and sometimes an adult, autonomously.

I don't like the high chairs anymore either. They don't work very well in my game. I like the idea of having a high chair and I like giving them drinks, but my adult Sims just get stuck pulling the toddler in and out of the high chair over and over again until I have to exit the lot and go back in. Or multiple adult and teen Sims end up competing over who will take the toddler to the chair and then get stuck in a loop and the toddler just goes hungry while no one can decide who to feed them lol. And I hate how this happens autonomously if the toddler gets hungry, even with autonomy off.

If they can't sit on the dining chairs though, I wish they could have a little toddler table in the kitchen though, that would be cute.

• invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Yes, I've had a mother get her toddler a sippy cup once autonomously (even though I had autonomy off - I think it was the 'check toddler' interaction that comes up with or without autonomy that inspired her).

Anyway, if you put the high chair in an inaccessible place (like a closed-off basement) and instruct the parent to get drink for the toddler, they will get the drink and then wave their arms around because they can't complete the action. The cup ends up on a counter or table, and you can then either send the toddler to get it or drag it to the toddler and tell her to drink.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • NumeriusAsiniusNumeriusAsinius Posts: 14 New Member
    I like them as they frequently bring a smile to my face :smile:

As @cheescaeks mentioned I *really* hope they revamp babies similarly. It would be a very welcomed addition.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's so sad that they can't sit on the dining chairs.

They can, but I think it's only if they have nowhere else to sit. I have one household that doesn't have a living room. It's a small house with just two bedrooms, a kitchen/dining room, and a bathroom. With no couch, the toddlers have been sitting on the dining room chairs while eating.
    Post edited by CaprianaB on
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I like them, but I'm always glad when their era is over.
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

To be fair, it's not the toddler's fault that the adults can't get their 🐸🐸🐸🐸 together and sort that out. :D

I agree with everyone else who wanted a "both" option on this survey.
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »

They can, but I think it's only if they have nowhere else to sit. I have one household that doesn't have a living room. It's a small house with just two bedrooms, a kitchen/dining room, and a bathroom. With no couch, the toddlers have been sitting on the dining room chairs while eating.

Wow, I always play 7 tots, even did 100 baby challenge and never seen this happen! My toddlers all sit on the floor to eat if no where else haha. I wish they would sit on dining chairs.
    CaprianaB wrote: »

Awe cute, I've never seen that happen in my game. I got used to them having their own little living chairs in the kitchen. I usually use a wooden bench or stool near a window and near the table so it looks nice, blends in and still looks like a typical kitchen and they can chat with the family while eating. If I don't do that, they take the food to the sofa in another room or to their toddler bed or sometimes sit on the floor.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,354 Member
    I've had toddlers sit on dining room chairs if they're not at a table. I'll often pull one back from the table for grand meals because that's just so much easier than having someone grab a serving for the kid in a high chair. That and I take "family pictures" at grand meal holidays, and I only have so long before the family won't stay sitting. :smile:
  • heartlacingheartlacing Posts: 24 Member
    Both.

They're adorable and fun to play with, and awful to try to take care of when the AI tries to outdo itself.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I was actually upset when Sims 4 originally had children hopping out of bassinets. Toddlers are cute and though they're a lot of work, they have things that are just for them and it feels really rewarding managing to max out their skills. I survived the 7 toddler challenge!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
    @invisiblgirl Why would you put a highchair in an inaccessible place like a closed off basement? :D

@elliendre There are little stool thingies that toddlers can sit on in "Island Living". I thought that was pretty cool!
    Wz5WatP.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I've had toddlers sit on dining room chairs if they're not at a table. I'll often pull one back from the table for grand meals because that's just so much easier than having someone grab a serving for the kid in a high chair. That and I take "family pictures" at grand meal holidays, and I only have so long before the family won't stay sitting. :smile:

What a cool idea! I will def try to place chairs pulled back from the table for my tots! I love the tots, but hate the high chairs lol
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I like them! They are fun and cute, a great addition to the game.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • BbanningBbanning Posts: 13 New Member
    I hated toddlers in sims 2 and don’t remember that phase at all in Sims 3. But! I really love them in Sims 4, and I do family play much more than I ever have before. Toddlers were something to be endured before. Now it is somethjng to be enjoyed. Even when I get frustrated they are still fun!
  • Hallie22Hallie22 Posts: 64 Member
    In the sims 2 I could handle them. I could manage a big family. But in the sims 4 it's impossible. I'm having trouble managing everyone's needs. For some reason their needs go down very quickly. When they are hungry, an adult sim always tries to sabotage my efforts to feed them, by picking them up. Even if they weren't in a high chair. They cry every few minutes. It gets on my nerves. I end up cheating their needs up. But that shouldn't be necessary. I don't know why it's so much harder in the sims 4 then it was in the sims 2. I have been playing the sims 4 for a year now, and I still can't get used to this gameplay.
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    They make me actually CARE about my sim's kids, but seeing as I almost never do family/generational play, I don't mess with them much.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    @invisiblgirl Why would you put a highchair in an inaccessible place like a closed off basement? :D

@elliendre There are little stool thingies that toddlers can sit on in "Island Living". I thought that was pretty cool!
    Wz5WatP.png

Because if it's not somewhere they can't get to, they'll try to put the toddler in it. If it's inaccessible, they'll just put the food or sippy cup on the table, and then the toddler can grab it.

I think the high chairs are working better now, at least if you only have one parent. I sometimes have them in the game, to add a bit of challenge. :)
    I just want things to match. :'(