Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotten Teeth!

My Sims are quite clean, bathing, showers and hand washing. But what about their teeth? They never clean them! All sims must have rotten teeth! Maybe Maxis can add that in later versions, and if they dont look after them they will show as dark yellow, and eventually drop out! Just a thought.
Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.

Comments

• Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    There's the option to brush their teeth but I can't remember if it came with the base game or a later one. I know it builds one of the traits from Parenthood. They never seem to do it autonomously though.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I agree with you, there's not really any point to 'teeth cleaning' if it doesn't have any impact on your sim's needs. I know it helps bring the hygiene meter up, but you could just get your sim to wash their hands and they wouldn't ever need to brush their teeth. It would be amusing to see some consequences for it, maybe 'bad breath' as a moodlet? And then other sims can react with disgust when they're being breathed on.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My kids brush their teeth over and over to raise responsibility haha. Once they grow up they quit
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    The Sims time is very limited and I don't Think there is time for any more obligatory chores. If a Sim work, has Children and also maybe a pet there is simply not any more time for anything. Imagen compressed sim time and your sim have to brush their teeth two times a day. They would have to get up in the middle of the night to do that.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There's the option to brush their teeth but I can't remember if it came with the base game or a later one. I know it builds one of the traits from Parenthood. They never seem to do it autonomously though.

Base game.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I downloaded a mod that makes my Sims brush their teeth after eating automatically.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    I use teething brushing a lot to give my Sims the confident moodlet (though only YA upwards).
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited January 2020
    True, the sims dental hygiene is appalling :D Imagine what their breath’s like !!
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I try to get my sims to brush their teeth morning and night,
    there's not enough hours in a Sim-day to do it all.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member
    I have a routine for my sims for when they wake up and go to bed and brushing their teeth is part of that. I don't mind that it's not required though, there are many different playstyles and it would be annoying to a lot of simmers. If you're into mods and want some kind of consequence for not brushing teeth, Kawaiistacie's Slice of life has one module for teeth brushing. If they don't brush, they get an embarassed moodlet for having bad breath.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Ew, I'd rather not have that sort of thing in the game.
    Rebbilina wrote: »
    I have a routine for my sims for when they wake up and go to bed and brushing their teeth is part of that. I don't mind that it's not required though, there are many different playstyles and it would be annoying to a lot of simmers. If you're into mods and want some kind of consequence for not brushing teeth, Kawaiistacie's Slice of life has one module for teeth brushing. If they don't brush, they get an embarassed moodlet for having bad breath.

The module that makes them want to drink water all of the time in that mod is so annoying! I wish there was a way to remove just that part.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The module that makes them want to drink water all of the time in that mod is so annoying! I wish there was a way to remove just that part.

The only way I've found with SoL is to remove the sickness package all together. I did it just so townies/NPC's would stop getting dizzy all the time.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ew, I'd rather not have that sort of thing in the game.

Same here. I'm all for more chores, but some are more fun to watch than others.

Edit: No, wait, you meant the rotten teeth were ew, not the mandatory toothbrushing? In any way, it's a kind of micromanaging I can live without (in the sims).
  • Eurostar1127Eurostar1127 Posts: 84 Member
    Thanks for comments. You are all right. I am very fussy with my appearence for a male, spend a lot of time looking after my hair, complexion, teeth, et. Just imagine if the sims done all things we do, there would be no time for any fun gameplay. Time to trim my finger nails, Ha!
    Long blond haired slim androgynous looking bi boy from London UK.
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The only way I've found with SoL is to remove the sickness package all together. I did it just so townies/NPC's would stop getting dizzy all the time.

I may do that
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    How long does it take for sims to brush their teeth? Because making this a necessity, gameplay wise, would just mean that. X more minutes spent waiting for an animation to finish.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I use the action to get the positive buff and the minty fresh icon!!
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame