Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Without mods, way to keep or make my sim "fine" all the time?

Since they removed the emotion in-game cheats I'm once again forced to "fix emotional" states, as a story teller this is purely annoying especially how sims are constantly smiling most the time. What I really liked/did before was put them in a neutral state which is the fine emotion....the problem I don't know any in-game solution to achieve this now. The only mod I know of that could help would be the UI cheats (I think) but other then that, is there a way to get my sim into a fine mood and maintain it for a while?

thx

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    You can make sure that there is no decor buff in their home, using furnishings that don't provide environmental points. And also try to keep their needs in the middle of the bars instead of full. But with Sims 4 it is difficult because of its cartoony style.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    Isn't there a satisfaction rewards potion you can give them? It seems like there is a Moodlet manager potion. I've only recently started actually using potions instead of traits so I could be wrong but it seems like I saw one not long ago.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I know that you said without mods but there is a mod called meaningful stories that changes the way emotions work. The default emotional state is fine with the mod. I honestly cannot play without this mod. It makes emotions so much more realistic. Like they don't just get super happy all the time from being near items and furniture. Maybe that would be worth a try for you? It's a very stable mod that I've had no issues with what so ever for as long as I've had it in my game.
  • TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited January 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I know that you said without mods but there is a mod called meaningful stories that changes the way emotions work. The default emotional state is fine with the mod. I honestly cannot play without this mod. It makes emotions so much more realistic. Like they don't just get super happy all the time from being near items and furniture. Maybe that would be worth a try for you? It's a very stable mod that I've had no issues with what so ever for as long as I've had it in my game.

That could work, I've looked into mods but most of them seem less focused on feeling fine and more on helping define other emotions better so I've avoided them. Honestly emotions are cool but way overdone in this game as gameplay mechanic.

I see that creator also made a mod called True Happiness which buffs the fine state...not sure which would be better. Still would be nice to have an in-game way (wish they never removed emotion cheats) then a mod. A mod only works until the creator stops modding as it goes...
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    I can see this being important if you are story telling. Fine is one I have not seen a way for, although I have not looked for it.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    I second the Meaningful Stories mod, when my sims lost their parents it took DAYS for them to get over that, and even after the sadness left they still had a little bit of lingering sadness before it tapered off and finalyl allowed them to feel fine. My sims are only ever happy when something good happens to them, and only very happy when something amazing happens to them like a marriage or a new baby. It has completly changed the game for me. If you download meaningful stories you don't need the tru happiness mod as it's already included with the meaningful stories mod.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    I've been playing with True Happiness recently and my Sims still weren't fine the majority of the time even though I have some other mods to tune down moodlets from environment, food and laundry.

Still, it's certainly worth a try.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    You can make sure that there is no decor buff in their home, using furnishings that don't provide environmental points. And also try to keep their needs in the middle of the bars instead of full. But with Sims 4 it is difficult because of its cartoony style.
    Yeah without mods just do what this person said. Build a completely blank room and put them in it and just like that they will keep the fine emotion and yo-
    Oh wait nvm they went on their phone and now they're happy again

Better off with getting a mod
    EMrBkJP.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Really, really super hard, man. At this point, I don't even know what triggers that emotion apart from some 'okay' laundry. But even that is tricky since some other types of clothes can give other emotions.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    I think the problem with a lot of these mods being offered - while they do improve gameplay a LOT - they aren't addressing my needs as a story teller. I don't want better stories via emotions, ect - I'm literally manipulating sims into situations to tell my stories as I want them. Think of it as a director setting his stage, except he has to deal with a bunch of emotional people who cant get into their role properly.

Hence why the old cheats did exactly what i needed, I know the ui cheat would be my best answer but again it has a history of corrupting save games and thats the last thing I need to deal with/lose all my content.
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited January 2020
    This works for me. It's a bit tedious, but it keeps my sims fine!

IF you have the Vampire pack installed:
    1. After typing in testing cheats on, type in sims.get_sim_id_by_name
    2. Turn your Sim into a vampire: traits.equip_trait trait_occultvampire
    3. After that, you'll need your vampire to be a Grand Master: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593
    4. Then, you'll choose the dampened emotions perk (whichever strength you prefer)
    5. After choosing weaknesses, you'll then need to get rid of them, because your Sim will still have these weaknesses after being turned back into a human (or so I think): bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 [Sim ID] false
    6. Last, turn your sim back into a human: traits.remove_trait trait_occultvampire — your Sim will still have the Dampened Emotions moodlet despite not being a vampire.

I hope this helps!
    Post edited by sproot on
    IMG-6587.gif
    sproot wrote: »

3. After that, you'll need your vampire to be a Grand Master: stats.set_stat rankedStatistic_Occult_VampireXP 1593
    4. Then, you'll choose the dampened emotions perk (whichever strength you prefer)
    5. After choosing weaknesses, you'll then need to get rid of them, because your Sim will still have these weaknesses after being turned back into a human (or so I think): bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 [Sim ID]
    6. Last, turn your sim back into a human: traits.remove_trait trait_occultvampire — your Sim will still have the Dampened Emotions moodlet despite not being a vampire.

I hope this helps!

Oh wow thank you, I'll honestly look into this. I was unaware of that moodlet. Although it makes me wonder if I can access this moodlet in another easier way (potion? herbs? tea??) and I suppose maybe a custom trait that uses that moodlet in some way? Thx!
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    sproot wrote: »

5. After choosing weaknesses, you'll then need to get rid of them, because your Sim will still have these weaknesses after being turned back into a human (or so I think): bucks.lock_all_perks_for_bucks_type 40962 [Sim ID]

I hope this helps!

Oh wow thank you, I'll honestly look into this. I was unaware of that moodlet. Although it makes me wonder if I can access this moodlet in another easier way (potion? herbs? tea??) and I suppose maybe a custom trait that uses that moodlet in some way? Thx!

No problem! Not too sure about an easier way of getting the moodlet, but if you do attempt this, I'd recommend using the weakest level of the moodlet since it'll be easier to manipulate emotions if you need your sim to wear a certain facial expression (though you probably already know this :D).
    IMG-6587.gif
  • AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You mentioned UI cheats. Well, MCC allows the player to choose an emotion that last 24 hours. The documentation says only 2 hours but from my experience the moods last a lot longer. “Change Sim Mood" found under cheats in the menu never seem to end when I apply them in my game. I do know that objects auras can override the cheat but as soon as my Sim move away from the object the applied moods comes back. You can choose which modules to place in your game. You don't have to add all of them. It's just a shift click in game to change a mood of any Sim. I know you said without mods but MCC is just a script mod that works similar to in game cheats without the constant typing of cheats codes. You can set it anyway you choose. It's has options. You can exit the game and go play again without reapplying the cheats.