Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims 3 game keeps freezing and won't un freeze

A few months ago my sims 3 game started to freeze. At first I thought it was my game that I have been playing since January 2014 but my other games started to freeze and I had to turn off my computer. I think the freezing started between March, April and I uninstalled my Supernatural expansion pack which I downloaded in April and I uninstalled a few worlds for example Setra, Storybrook and Evansdale County. The games I have are
Island Paradise
Into the Future
The Sims 3
Generations
Pets
Late Night
Seasons
Ambitions
Showtime
University
Town Life Stuff

I have a few CC hairs and make up and I downloaded a few sims but that was after it was freezing. I have Nrass and the mods I have are
Master Controller
Overwatch
Woohooer
Story Progression

I really don't want to uninstall everything because I will lose everything. Please help

Comments

• salivacocktailsalivacocktail Posts: 552 Member
    @TVLover101
    Do you think you have a virus or anything? That would be the first thing I would check by running an antivirus scan on your computer.
    I would also check to see if you have any updates from your computer or graphics card manufacturer that need to be installed. Though usually those are by default set to Install automatically.

If none of that helps, I would then look at cleaning up your computer a bit by deleting unused files ("Disk Cleanup"), maybe turning down some visual effects that your COMPUTER user-interface uses (not your games), and defragmenting your hard drive. If your computer has the ability to generate a "system health report", I would also try that. It could certainly notify you of a problem.

I hope any of this helps. Let me know how it goes!
    The shinbone is a device made for finding furniture in a dark room.
    My Website: salivacocktail.weebly.com
    My Pinterest: pinterest.com/salivacocktail

• JensenyJenseny Posts: 42 Member
    Story Progression has been giving me a lot of trouble recently. I tried it again only two days ago and it caused the same behavior you are describing. After uninstalling it, my game is running very nicely again with only Overwatch & Error Trap (I believe these two are really essential for stable simming!).
  • TVLover101TVLover101 Posts: 2 New Member
    Thanks for the advice. I don't use story progression anyway and I think it might be something with my graphics card
  • AlouraAloura Posts: 6 New Member
    I need help, I'm having a similar problem. My sims 3 game was working perfectly fine until recently. I opened up a save that I hadn't played in a while and when I tried the make her go to sleep my game froze up a few hours into the night. I couldn't move my camera or do anything. Time froze and my sim was just stuck sleeping. I tried to restart the game but it did nothing. So I saved the sim and put her in a different save and she was working great for a few days. But now she is freezing again when she sleeps. I started having this problem a few days ago and it's not just that save. I have another save with 2 sims a horse and a cat and whenever I try to get my sims to sleep everything freezes. The thing is though is that I'm only having this problem with those 2 saves and I don't understand why. My game was running perfectly fine and now it's acting strange. I've had so many problems with the sims 3 as everybody has but I love the game and want to continue playing. I feel like I've had more problems then I've actually played the game. I do have CC and Mods but they were never a problem before. I really need help because now I'm scared to open my game and play a family or start a new one because this problem seems to spread. If I play a save that is fine it will start freezing and it is so disappointing. HELP PLEASE!
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Aloura wrote: »
    I need help, I'm having a similar problem. My sims 3 game was working perfectly fine until recently. I opened up a save that I hadn't played in a while and when I tried the make her go to sleep my game froze up a few hours into the night. I couldn't move my camera or do anything. Time froze and my sim was just stuck sleeping. I tried to restart the game but it did nothing. So I saved the sim and put her in a different save and she was working great for a few days. But now she is freezing again when she sleeps. I started having this problem a few days ago and it's not just that save. I have another save with 2 sims a horse and a cat and whenever I try to get my sims to sleep everything freezes. The thing is though is that I'm only having this problem with those 2 saves and I don't understand why. My game was running perfectly fine and now it's acting strange. I've had so many problems with the sims 3 as everybody has but I love the game and want to continue playing. I feel like I've had more problems then I've actually played the game. I do have CC and Mods but they were never a problem before. I really need help because now I'm scared to open my game and play a family or start a new one because this problem seems to spread. If I play a save that is fine it will start freezing and it is so disappointing. HELP PLEASE!

@Aloura, you might be better off posting this over in the "Thread for new members" that's located over in the TS3 Tech section as this thread is 6 years old.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/893122/thread-for-new-members-to-post-their-sims-3-game-issues#latest
  • EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top