Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thank you for excellent updates to items (Jan '20)

@SimGuruNinja please pass my thanks along to the people who suggested and okayed and then did these changes. :)

These "tiny" updates make such a difference for me. Little interactive books we can place on end tables. End tables now can be used for TV's. And upgrade cheap beds! I've been avoiding using those cheap beds in game, now it's like I have a whole new selection. And I LOVE that you've made us
use the handiness skill, and that you need high levels to get those upgrades. B)

SlqO6yn.jpg

Comments

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    very impressive.
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I came in here with the plan to make a similar post. Might as well join you in here.

Thank you for these wonderful little fixes. These are things the community has been wanting for a long time, especially the bed upgrades.
    More slots for TV's is great, less need for cheating. I hope over time we can also place more decorations on shelves because some items fit visually while they require a bigger slot.
    But I am also thinking about the option to lock pc's we got at the end of last year. Little things that can make a big difference.

PS : for me these fixes are worthy of being mentioned in patch notes. It makes no sense to leave out the biggest change in game play.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Thankyou so much!!🤭🤭🤭🤭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Thank you. I can finally use the beds I want without my Sims being uncomfortable when they wake up. :)
  • joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Magic fingers beds FTW!! And, thanks for fixing the shower/bath combo thing. It was inconvenient to have to bathe every time.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    nice nice.. I patch today.. omg perfect firmness! so nice! Jesus.. took 5 yrs to do this..me angry for 5 yrs now alittle bit happier, ya rite.. thank you better be late than never.

The Sims Game
  • FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    Thank you for this patch! I love it! :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Gurus, I suppose updating cheap beds is good for some. But where is the grunge pack where furniture is cheaply built, cheaply covered, worn, torn, cheap, dirty, and what is the point of cheap furniture if it all performs as well as expensive? It defeats the purpose of playing someone who can't afford better.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    @SimGuruNinja please pass my thanks along to the people who suggested and okayed and then did these changes. :)

These "tiny" updates make such a difference for me. Little interactive books we can place on end tables. End tables now can be used for TV's. And upgrade cheap beds! I've been avoiding using those cheap beds in game, now it's like I have a whole new selection. And I LOVE that you've made us
    use the handiness skill, and that you need high levels to get those upgrades. B)

SlqO6yn.jpg

FYI the "cases end table", and all end tables for the matter, could always be used to place the smaller TV's. Not the accent tables though, that's what's new in the patch.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    My only complaint is they didn’t include these things in the patch notes.

I don’t like scavenger hunts.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Gurus, I suppose updating cheap beds is good for some. But where is the grunge pack where furniture is cheaply built, cheaply covered, worn, torn, cheap, dirty, and what is the point of cheap furniture if it all performs as well as expensive? It defeats the purpose of playing someone who can't afford better.

Upgrading the beds is optional. As your sims develop the handiness skill they are able to upgrade the beds. Or not.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Just chiming in to say yes, thank you Ninja and team! This was a great patch, and I really enjoyed the livestream today. I am looking very much forward to this pack.
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Thank you as well
  • MsShaShaMsShaSha Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2020
    Also chiming in to say Thank You! These little things really do make such a difference and add so much to building! And game play. They're so very appreciated - as is the work that goes into them.

Whomever came up with this lovely little idea, someone please give them a big squishy hug for us, the books are amazing!! (The little end tables with books and book piles, like SimGuruNinja mentioned would be so amazing, especially the suitcase of books from C&D!! AHH!!) And I'm SO excited to have more bed options based on style and not just my sims needs. More tv stands too!! YAY! ❤️️

Thank you! Thank you!
    giphy.gif

uwxwhgf
    I build things some times. Origin ID: MsShaSha
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    It#'s always nice to have a pleasant surprise in a pack. :)
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    I love that TVs now fit on end tables and ask that small radios get the same treatment in the future, I was sad to see they are still not compatible.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Upgrading the beds is optional. As your sims develop the handiness skill they are able to upgrade the beds. Or not.

Good, but Sims have a pie life, where is the grunge pack that can't be altered, to again make Sims happy.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Good, but Sims have a pie life, where is the grunge pack that can't be altered, to again make Sims happy.
    I would absolutely love a cheap grunge pack. But why have no options for alterations? The more options that are available, the more people who can be kept happy. Personally I like the low bed ratings and will probably never upgrade them, but I am happy for others who will use the feature as there should always be choices available where possible.

Now I would like to see the deco radiators turned into ones that provide warmth. This would have been awesome for tiny living: a 1-tile warm radiator instead of a big fireplace. While they're at it, they could do a couple of extra radiator styles too :D

But, yes, thank you for the great update devs <3
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would absolutely love a cheap grunge pack. But why have no options for alterations? The more options that are available, the more people who can be kept happy. Personally I like the low bed ratings and will probably never upgrade them, but I am happy for others who will use the feature as there should always be choices available where possible.

Now I would like to see the deco radiators turned into ones that provide warmth. This would have been awesome for tiny living: a 1-tile warm radiator instead of a big fireplace. While they're at it, they could do a couple of extra radiator styles too :D

But, yes, thank you for the great update devs <3

I would love this too. Right now I have a mod that does it, but I would love to have them as a game feature.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I wanted to say the same! It's the little details like this that really change the game and add more depth for me. Keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Upgradeable beds is something we've wanted literally since The Sims. I bought some very expensive beds in the Sims 3 store because the game has never had enough good beds. The Cordelia single bed is now permanently banished from my game.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited January 2020
    I was thinking along these lines, too. Some very lovely updates thrown in here, really useful. Thanks to the Dev team for a job very well done <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png