Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Tiny Living SP?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,858 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I like the gameplay, objects and CAS items even if the male content need to be fixed.
    bl8a4m4b8rdl.jpg

Well as this is your third picture hopefully the gurus will see and address in a future patch. :)
  • SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I like the Furniture a lot, also it fits my playstyle, I never play in the big houses.

For me it's not about the bed, but the whole style is so pretty and I like the bookshelf/ TV/ Stereo combo a lot. Neat they have extra slots for a console, so a whole entertaining center for my sims on a small space.
    I look forward to challenge myself in tiny house building too.
    All in all it's a very complete stuff pack and nothing to complain about it only being 10 bucks lets be honest, we had way worse. I can clearly shred double the money on cinema one evening so, yay to that pack.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Yes
    I already have plans for one of my families.
    The plan includes a volcano eruption, but that's the way it goes.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Yes
    A lot of these items I've been waiting for and even though mid-century isn't my favorite the way the designs and shades are will fit well in homes.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    This honestly looks like the best Stuff Pack that we've had for a while. Moschino? Meh. My First Pet? Meh. Laundry? Meh. But this looks like it could be a pretty decent stuff pack!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    I'm one of those simmers that actually like stuff packs. (Laundry day is actually one of my favorites because I love all the objects that it came with) I actually really like the concept of this stuff pack. Yes, I'm sad that there are no bunk beds but I have faith that they are coming in another pack in the future. I can see myself using all the furniture in this pack and I love the fact that they made the hairs available for all ages. (It's a step in the right direction). All in all, I think this pack is worth $10.00.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I've gotten busy lately so I didn't get to watch the livestream. From what I saw of the trailer, I'm interested. I like that it's a building-focused pack but I also like that it will add other elements, such as some gameplay adjustments.

I'll probably only have a few tiny living homes but I'll probably use the furniture in a lot of houses. I like the combined entertainment center.

I'm skimming information now. Yes, this does actually interest me. I like that there are ways to make a lot of different types of lots.

I'm glad that they are doing a Scandinavian theme which some of us asked for. I like a lot of the clothing and furniture options.

I think this will also be great for revamping CL apartments as well.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Wish it had some off the grid stuff, tiny living is all about reducing your carbon footprint and being sustainable, we have an off the grid living trait but hardly anything to use. Plus while I understand them counting a second floor as square footage most tiny houses have either loft beds or couches that turn into beds... Many tiny houses have loft space and that doesn’t count against their foot print, will that be the case here? Also I don’t know if single murphy beds are a thing in real life but I kinda wish we had one for this game for my single/child sims. I want a Murphy bed for one sim, in my game double beds are for sims who are dating/married or rich so having a single version of the Murphy bed would make sense in a way, plus it would take up less space and for the single sim who doesn’t want to date or child sim who wants a Murphy bed like like their parents it just makes sense.

That said I love all of the buy mode products we get (I’d of loved more wall swatches and actual kitchen stuff) as well as clothes for kids, that said I love the fact the hair goes across all ages... From the live stream the hair actually looks cutest on toddlers and kids, and the hair would look amazing on elder sims... I can also see myself using the clothes in this pack for my elder sims... and younger sims who steal clothes from their grandparents closets.
    Post edited by DevSims91 on
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    I like the gameplay, objects and CAS items even if the male content need to be fixed.

bl8a4m4b8rdl.jpg

Aww man, well I didn’t like that top much anyway
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Maybe
    I will have to see if it would really be worth my money. Many of the packs are not. I always make 5x5 muli-floor homes, as I loved doing an already created challenge. Having at least 3 generations on a 20×15 lot with only 5x5 homes is always easy.
  • SilentVixenYTSilentVixenYT Posts: 17 Member
    Yes
    I'll defo being buying the pack, I love tiny builds, plus i hate seeing that greyed out icon on my main screen xD
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Not right now though. Im still missing some packs that i want more.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. I love the BB too, and the CAS items.

The only thing I don't like is the non-optional benefits of having a tiny house. I would have liked those to be a choice, as some of the things seem inappropriate to me - in fact, the only benefit that seems appropriate is the reduction in bills. All the others just seem like a way to cheat.

What are the other benefits?
  • Kristy983Kristy983 Posts: 26 Member
    Maybe
    I generally wait for others to give their thoughts after they buy a pack.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    Yes
    I will be getting it, but not at release, as I have bills to pay first sadly. I love the build buy and CAS items besides the Murphy Bed, and I believe those alone without the Murphy Bed would have been worth it to me.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited January 2020
    Maybe
    I know I am not buying it day 1. I do want the Murphy bed at some point for my college dorms but in no hurry. I have to say I am getting that my first pet stuff feel from this pack. A lot of this space saving stuff should have been added into Discover University in my opinion.

Speaking of space saving, someone mentioned this on another thread and I totally agreed with them that this was an opportunity to add stuff like space saving kitchen appliances like microwave over the stove, thin refrigerators, thin counters with small sinks, thin stoves. We have so little choices for kitchens and it would have been a great time to add those space saving options. Also it would have been a great time to add the all in one bathroom OMG where is that???

Anyway I might get it down the road but it isn't a priority.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    Maybe
    I'm not really a builder and not really into tiny houses, but a lot of the build/buy items looked good, especially the space saving ones. Even in a normal sized house, it's sometimes nice to reduce the number of furniture pieces for a less cluttered look. I really liked how that one shelf can have deco objects behind the glass on the bottom.

I may get it on sale or in a bundle to get the items I do want, but I don't want $10 worth of what I saw on the livestream.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Maybe
    Waiting to see if new dlc is buggy before buying it has been my number one rule for quite a while. Same goes for this one even though I was surprised by the new assets and the amount of new game play in Tiny Living I saw in the live stream yesterday. For a stuff pack it certainly has a lot of new furnishings with new functionality that I think has been needed for a long time. The ability to place tvs on small end tables, the three in one combo entertainment units, smaller dressers, more deco slots added to standing cabinets. All are great ideas that I used MOO to do in the past. Some of us have wanted to see more cross-pack game play and even though Murphy Beds and some of the new Buy items would have worked in DU, I can see why none of those were included in DU because the teams added new challenges and rewards to tiny home builds that would have added only frustration to the process of getting a Sim through DU. The game play elements in those two packs are completely different. And probably would have caused some confusion if Tiny Living had been added to DU rather than being a cross-pack add on. Tiny Living is a stand-alone pack in terms of the new game play, while the rest of the pack adds to the base game and can be used no matter which packs we own. I wish a stuff pack like this had been released after Island Living that could have made the Off-The-Grid lot trait more cohesive, and added more usable items that would have made more sense than what we have to use now. We should have had more to go along with the idea of living off-the-grid such as solar panels, wells, appliances that require propane or natural gas. We should have been given the option of upgrading from having nothing to being self sufficient while maintaining an off-the-grid lifestyle that is more realistic. I'd happily spend ten or twenty dollars on a pack like that. Tiny Living is something I am interested in buying. But I'll wait to see how well it all works before I do.
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! I love the new content so far. :)
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    Maybe
    I would've been more on board with buying it if it had bunk beds. But... because of the current situation, I'll wait til it goes on sale and then I'll ponder about whether or not I wanna buy it.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Yes
    I'm not paying $10 for a bed that was originally supposed to be in 'City Living', delayed until 'Discover University', and then finally put into a stuff pack simply because EA is greedy and loves milking this franchise to death.

Unlike other people, I don't just mindlessly buy whatever EA tries shoving down my throat.

If anything, this should've been a free patch... definitely not worth buying.

What's your evidence that this was supposed to be in City Living or Discover University?

In Sims 2, it was released with 'Apartment Life'. In Sims 3, it was released with 'University Life'. Both times being an expansion pack that just happened to include it as additional content to what was already a very detailed pack. This is the first evidence of EA simply becoming greedy after Sims 4 was released.

Concept art from 'City Living' included the Murphy bed... which means the developers had already drawn out the overall idea of what one would look like in Sims 4... but it was dropped in favor of those ridiculous talking toilets that nobody asked for. About a month before 'Discover University' was released, one of the gurus released a picture of a VERY similar animation (in fact, most likely the SAME animation) as the Murphy bed crushing a Sim... they did it as a teaser for 'Discover University'.

The fact that we're being charged $10 for a "My First Murphy Bed Stuff Pack" just a few months after 'Discover University' is NOT a coincidence! The only reason this pack isn't receiving as much backlash as 'My First Pet' (which you probably enjoyed anyway) is because EA was at least smart enough to not call it 'My First University Stuff Pack'.

Wow, it's almost like Sims 4 is not Sims 2 or Sims 3.

If you're referring to the screenshot I'm thinking of, there was never any implication that it was a teaser for DU. It was just something they were working on that they threw out as a hint, and it's reactions like this one that suggest why they don't put out hints as a rule.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Yes
    I just buy everything... (except MFP stuff)
  • lele62lele62 Posts: 157 Member
    Yes
    I like the stuff that's included. I'm also interested in the tiny living build, along with the reduced bills. I really prefer smaller houses, though not always 100 tiles. I hate trying to control my Sims when they are in a huge house. Large houses aren't even needed anymore. I've been playing since The Sims and am still blown away at how easily a Sim can't get around. That makes it much easier to play with smaller houses.
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yes
    Yep. I'm getting this. The spice district apartments could do with some new furnishings.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Yes
    I will buy it as soon as it comes out. It looks really good. I will definitely use it on the games smaller lots.