Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do You Care What Your Sims Eat?

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Yes
    Originally no. But when they were getting really really fat, then yes. :D
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member
    No
    Nah. One colored blob on a plate is the same as another colored blob on the plate to me. :D Well, except for maybe some of those weird, exotic dishes. But honestly, I'm annoyed that my Sims have to spend time eating at all, so I just have them scarf down whatever and get it over with.
    #Team Occult
  • ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    Yes
    Yes, I definitely care! :grin: Not so much about the calories, but I enjoy feeding my Sims and I like to give them the food that I like to eat, but rarely cook... Like gnocci. It's so good. I've only made it for myself a few times, but I always give it to my Sims. Other foods I like to give them are foods I order a lot from takeout like Pho and Ramen. I wish we could have food delivered in the game! I also love the chopstick animation and I like the desserts that look really pretty like that rainbow jelly cake.

If they gain a lot of weight, I use the yoga mat or send them to the gym to use the rock climbing machine. I totally forgot about the diet ice cream!

But my poor Sims must hate me when the Spice Festival comes around, because I just make them stand at that table and eat a plate from each recipe until they learn them. They have no fun, just food.
  • alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    No
    i'll have them eat whatever. it doesn't really matter because they usually eat healthy anyway. besides, even if they do gain weight, i don't mind one bit. might as well get some use out of those gyms i've built
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited January 2020
    Yes
    Sometimes I set restaurants up with CL, BB, and JA recipes to learn them and then they finish off their meals with diet ice cream.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,372 Member
    No
    No, but then I didn't know they have calories either
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    No
    If they get too fat, I send them to the gym. Which I'm often too lazy to do, so off to the CAS o:) .
    But I play with vampires 97% of the time anyway. Speaking of which, plasma's fattening, too :D .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories πŸ¦‡ and an ongoing ghost story πŸ‘».
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idiπŸ€ͺts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! πŸ‘‹
  • EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    Yes
    Yes, because I hate that my sims have to eat yogurt and fish all the time to avoid being penalized. I'd rather just be able to have fun eating whatever suts my sims' personalities and/or stories without ever having to worry about it. It definitely is one of those things what helps to turn me away from the game - I get tired of having to deal with nitpicky stuff, when I'm just trying to play a game.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    Yes
    Yes, otherwise end grab cake from the fridge or won't eat at all even pack school lunch proper foods they come work or school have eaten dinner go have to go out to eat even then order dinner no snacks.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited January 2020
    My vampires often order food home

they find that bartenders and pianists have a nice fancy taste to them
    and it also spares them from the vulgar hunting and running about
    that the other less cultured members of the vampire society perform

as for other sims they are very keen on some garden salad and chicken burritos, maybe some grilled cheese
    on holidays I do offer them grand meals though

and breakfast foods are breakfast foods so they often make some tea and such
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    No
    Not really but I'm aware of calories and usually throw away the left over cake from birthdays.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Yes
    I usually try to keep my sims at the weight they started with. I also feel bad if I'm playing a vegetarian sim, and then accidentally make them eat something with meat. Sometimes I forget. I'm sorry my little simmies!
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Yes
    I just did that tonight by mistake. My sim got asked out on a date and it was a fish restaurant. I forgot he was a vegetarian and he started to feel ill during the date. He paid the bill and then they went back to his house after and he immediately got sick in the bathroom, then broke the toilet. I basically ruined his date and I didn't mean to.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    No. I appreciate the variety of food. Calories can always be burned another day. I'm not busy making my sims live an idealized life.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes
    Generally I like to maintain their weight with low calorie food and exercise, but more importantly I like to choose foods that fit their preferences and background/lifestyle, and are appropriate for the setting and time of day (unless they're the sort of sim that eats whatever they want whenever).
  • AHolyToiletAHolyToilet Posts: 870 Member
    edited January 2020
    No
    Because I use MCCC, I can just freeze their physiques so my Sims never gain or lose weight nor do I have to constantly go in CAS to fix them. Because of this, I don't care what they eat. It also helps if they want to autonomously use workout machines and I don't want them to gain muscle.
    Post edited by AHolyToilet on
  • puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    No
    Although only because there's an option in MCCC which lets me freeze my sims' physique, no matter how much they eat or work out.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yes
    I care what they eat but not because of weight gain. I wish we had more food options to make at home. If they gain weight, I take them to gym. I like my sims to enjoy their lives because they never know what tragedy may strike and alter their lives.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    No
    Nope. Same as you OP if it weren't for the calories and weight gain, I wouldn't care what my sims ate. As long as they got fed.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Yes
    I don't know what to answer... I didn't know about the calories and my sims diligently try not to waste any food.

Often I just think what they would like to eat and let them have that. Though they do eat lot of salad, perhaps because it is easy to cook and I like salad.

I also often make them have quick meals if they are hungry and there aren't any leftovers (or there are only few and I want to save those) because some of them don't cook that well and well... quick meals are easier than cooking. Then again I guess it isn't that healthy and sometimes they eat quick meals all day long and I feel bad for them.

Sometimes I also make them stop eating if their hunger is full and there is still a couple of bites left on their plate. They can eat the rest a bit later. So I do try to stop them eating too much.

I guess it also depends on the sim. I don't care if some of them gain weight, but those that are supposed to be slim and don't excercise much... I'm more careful with them. So I think I actually do care, though it also depends :smiley:
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Yes
    My preference isn't so much for the fact that they might either gain or lose weight, but I care if my Sims are trying to eat dinner for breakfast.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    I generally like realism in my game, so eating something different for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is kinda necessary for my gameplay.

But I didn't even know about calories! I kinda wish they weren't hidden now... lol I think it would be interesting if the game actually allowed us to take a look at stuff like that. Maybe they'll release a pack revolving around healthy living (I remember seeing that mentioned in a survey awhile back). Or, even better, release a free patch that gives us this option to diet and stuff.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    No
    No, usually not, especially when I aim to max out all of the available culinary skills. However, if I make it a challenge to make a fat sim and have him or her lose weight, they're eating salads for all their meals. =P
  • LinzzLinzz Posts: 323 Member
    No
    Only when I come across a vegetarian sim I tend to pick what to cook/eat for them. And thats only because my sim gets sick from eating meat and is uncomfortable the rest of the day and its annoying. Haha. Other than that I let them cook meals all day and throw those leftovers in the fridge for the rest of the week. They start getting fat? To the treadmil you go! XD
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes
    I like lean sims normally, so they start off making fruit salad meals (to avoid burning down the house). Then move up to basically anything grilled, or any fish dish for daily meals.
    I also usually have them throw out the cake after aging them up instead of putting it away to snack on (they might get one piece). Most other sweets or baked goods are tossed after they eat it for one meal. After the thanksgiving meal they usually throw out the leftovers also.
    If it's in character for my sim to be rounder or plumper then they might not exercise much at all and they eat higher calorie stuff more often. It's fun to make these sims chefs or anything that I like to make a variety of foods on.
    Usually if they exercise it will offset anything they eat but if I don't want big muscles on my sims they mostly just eat lean, and might run a little or do yoga if I have them snack more.
    egTcBMc.png