Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let me get this straight, entire stuff pack based on saving space, and you didn't add bunk beds?

124...Next

Comments

• saiedensaieden Posts: 60 Member
    I think they're a niche thing at this point. Before Sims 2 had them I only knew of them from some 90s sitcom or other (my mother had to convince me that they weren't just a joke). The only reason I can think of that people expected them in discover university is because they were in the Sims 3 university life.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Makes sense to me. They usually add one new gameplay item to each stuff pack (sometimes with a skill, sometimes more) and they chose to add Murphy Beds to this one. I think they save more space than Bunk Beds too. Also, I read an earlier comment about fold-up couches, and I saw a Murphy Bed with a couch attached in the trailer.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RudiaroseRudiarose Posts: 891 Member
    Yea, no bunk beds boggles the mind. If they are going to give them out for free then do it a week before the tiny living is out. That be nice.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Also...

Yeah this looks familiar.....this was soon as DU was about to release....you can't convince me this wasn't meant for DU!

It wasn't, though. Plumbella, a Game Changer, said in one of her latest videos that she got a sneak peek at the Tiny Living pack when she was at Sims Camp and couldn't say anything about it until it was announced. This Stuff Pack has been planned this way for several months at least.

And honestly, why would Murphy beds come in University in the first place? I've never heard of them being used in one. Is there a region that's known to have them in their dorms? On that note, are they even still a thing at all? 😆

Thank you. I don't know any university that has a Murphy bed. Or even bunk beds anymore.
  • saiedensaieden Posts: 60 Member
    Bunk beds in dorms still existed 10 years ago, the ones at my dorm could be stacked into bunks or kept separate (my poor brother had to have bunks because he got stuck in a 3 person room)

Honestly though I primarily want bunk beds for children and teens because I had them growing up and they are a major space saver in small houses with multiple kids. Loft beds too, both free up space that can then be used for more than just sleeping.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I personally have never seen bunk beds or loft beds in a dorm; in fact, my dorm had regulations against them for safety reasons. Bunk beds and loft beds would be very welcome in game, but I agree with everyone who thinks that they should come in a free patch. Then everyone, including later basegame buyers, will have them in game regardless of the packs they own. Bunk beds have turned into a flashpoint for some simmers with this pack, I think, because we still don't have them yet, five years into the game. It's always frustrating when a new iteration of the Sims comes out because it seems to take forever to get all that we had in the previous version of the game. That's especially true with Sims 4, which seems to have a longer timeline than the earlier games. Anyway, I don't just want bunk and loft beds, but I also want the pool slide and diving board back, as well as the food processor and trash compactor, the sleeping bag, music boxes, and the bake oven for kids, and many more things that we used to have, some of them from the base game of previous versions of the Sims.
  • kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    Allegedly, it‘s so difficult to implement. I wonder how they managed to add them 9 years ago. They must have had magicians in the team back then.

I'm sorry but @SimGuruNinja this is your job!? You're getting paid for it! As a student I can't go to my exams unprepared because it was "to difficult" to revise and except having a diploma. I'm tired of this world where mediocrity became "normal".

As a student, you have only 24 hours a day to study in; you can't fit 26 hours of studying into that time. You have 2 or 3 hours to write an exam; you can't write a 4-hour exam in that time, and you'd surely be upset if you were expected to and told it's your fault if you can't finish the exam properly in that time.

Nobody has every said that bunk beds are too difficult to do. They've said that they can't fit that difficulty level in a stuff pack.

Still it's their job! They had 2 packs where they could implement them and didn't. Parenthood and University. That's pure laziness I'm sorry everybody with decent reasoning can see it. They have time to add extra things we don't want and nobody cares about but not for what we're asking for since day 1. I'm sorry, I have a brain, I'm not buying that.

Plus "student'' was just an example, maybe not the best one but anyway it's the same for EVERY job. When you got a job, you gotta do it right!

Every job has limitations to what is possible to do and still produce a product on time and on budget (technical, time, and cost budgets) and still make something marketable in practice to a market you have researched. There is no such thing as unlimited resources to do a job in. It is not "laziness" to work within the resources you have. In fact, it is anything *but* laziness to account for resources and the like. It's laziness to *not* do that and then end up with a product you can't finish or sell.

Anyway you got my point. It's unbelievable to me that after 5 years they still haven't figured out how/where to impliment them. They had many packs where they could have implimented them. Missing such a basic object like that after 5 years is crazy! I won't respond now cause it's non-sense, you got my point, and that's it for me.

I agree with you
  • kitti789playerkitti789player Posts: 297 Member
    5 FREAKING years and they still can't impliment the bunk beds !!! That ridiculous and ignoring idea of putting bunk beds into ther game, plus no spiral staircases ever. Shame !!! This is why I wanna leaning to "paralives" game.