Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC and Secondary Hard drives

I cannot seem to find my exact issue so lets hope this isn't a duplicate post, but I have my Sims installed on a secondary hard drive (E:) and I cannot for the life of me get CC and mods to work, they wont even show up in my game! Can someone please give me a break down on how to install custom content when the game is on a secondary hard drive, I've tried to use multiple different folders and none have worked. What am I doing wrong :(

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,585 Member
    Hello
    Is your Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 folder on the E drive also?
    The mods folder needs to be in the same sims 4 folder that your saves, tray , screenshots folders are in.
    If it is, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Launch the game, and a new mods folder will be generated in the sims 4 folder.. Exit the game. Check that a new mods folder has been generated. If it hasn’t been generated, then the game is not using that mods folder and so that is the reason why the mods/cc are not appearing.
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,
    If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder
  • KitCat07KitCat07 Posts: 237 Member
    I've got it! Thank you! This has been driving me nuts, my game is on E: but the folder the mods is using is on C: which doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me but I need to use the C: drive folder to bring the mods into the game! I am under the assumption that the folder shortcutted into the other hard drive but didn't actually move.
  • MushyMushy Posts: 3 New Member
    i am lost, i tried moving them from my documents to my e drive but it says " cant move the folder because there is a folder in the same location that cant be redirected accesss is denied" they are originaly on my one drive and on my pc sections so idk what to do i am so lost and confused i have the sims 4 dowloaded into the E drive so thats fine i tried what it said in the video but it game me that i cant. can it be because my Documents are in one drive and in my This Pc section. idk what to do i am lost
    i dowloaded a cc and it worked but it was in my documents dowload folder i managed to copy a link of that cc into my electronics folder but that folder is still not in my E drive
    if i drag and drop it into the e drive it will create a link will that be fine?
  • MelesaMelesa Posts: 9 New Member
    Mushy. I'm literally having the same problem. I talk with some EA"expert" and he told me that games can not be save to an external harddrive because the game needs to be scanned?? which is absolute load of bologna.. So I've exhausted all of my options gave in and just kept all of my mods and save games on the PC. No point in having an external harddrive if the games I want cant work fully on the hard drive. Also this never used to be a problem until recently.
    I've dragged and dropped I've change file locations. I've uninstalled then reintsalled... I'm just done. Makes me not even want to play anymore.