Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MOD REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    I am looking for a mod that gets rid of the sparkly effect on excellent quality food. The only one I've been able to find is "No Food Sparkles" by Aren on Mod the Sims, but it appears not to have been updated since 2015, and some people in the comments are saying it doesn't work any more and causes conflicts with Get Famous. Does any one know if there is a more up to date mod that removes those food sparkles?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2020
    I am looking for a mod that gets rid of the sparkly effect on excellent quality food. The only one I've been able to find is "No Food Sparkles" by Aren on Mod the Sims, but it appears not to have been updated since 2015, and some people in the comments are saying it doesn't work any more and causes conflicts with Get Famous. Does any one know if there is a more up to date mod that removes those food sparkles?

Hi @GlacierSnow the originals were .pyo Python files which no longer worked after TS4 upgraded the python version. I've converted the two files into a .ts4script file which you can test. Note that you can only place these script files directly into your Mods folder or one folder deep.

I'm assuming it's ok since the original modder hasn't been active for over 3 years. Hope it works :smiley:

http://www.simfileshare.net/download/1540880/
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited January 2020
    I'm still using Aren's mod and never had the slightest problem. I don't know on what basis that person reported the mod broken, but even being aware of that report, I didn't notice any conflict even with Get Famous installed.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm still using Aren's mod and never had the slightest problem. I don't know on what basis that person reported the mod broken, but even being aware of that report, I didn't notice any conflict even with Get Famous installed.

Hi @83bienchen - Aren's zip file contains both .py and pyo files, so I don't know whether having the raw .py code files directly in the folder actually makes the game read them ok without them being compiled.
    cat01.gif
    #keepitfree
    It does not have to be unzipped, just put in the modsfolder. In fact the first script mods all were in zip-format before the .script format was introduced to easily distinguish script mods from non-script mods.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    I learn something new all the time - I did not know that @83bienchen ! Thanks for the info! :smiley:
    cat01.gif
    #keepitfree
    Hi @aldavor and @83bienchen Thanks for the help! Sorry I haven't been online for a few days. Is the verdict, then that the original mod by Aren found at modthesims.info/d/553186/no-food-sparkles.html still okay to use, or should I still try out aldavor's converted version?
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    I suppose you can use whichever you like, though I haven't tested aldavor's mod myself.
    I would suggest continue using the original since it's tried and tested - I simply recompiled the .py files into .pyc and zipped them into a .ts4script compressed file.
    cat01.gif
    #keepitfree
    Thank you both for your help and advice! :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
  • CloudStrifeCloudStrife Posts: 28 Member
    A great idea for an original mod is a fully interactive NES Console(35th Anniversary)Sims need to plug it into an old style tv(Non digital)and Sims will have access to the Nes library(the higher youre gamer level skill the more games u can choose from) Mod should include a Nes console,2 controllers,Old school TV for hookup(with antenna on top) as for games the top 100 should do nicely(Mario Bros 1-3,Mega Man 1-6,Contra,TMNT 1&2,Castlevaina 1-3,R.C. Pro Am,Golf,Tennis,Pinball,Donkey Kong 1&3,Paper Boy,Zelda,Metriod,Final Fantasy
  • CloudStrifeCloudStrife Posts: 28 Member
    Can u make a CC mod of Sims 2&3 Arcade Machines(fully interactive) for Sims 4 and also add lots more classic Arcade favs from the 80s and 90s
    Pac Man,Mrs Pacman,Donkey Kong,Asteroids,TMNT(4 Player),Centipede,Galaga,Defender,ec
  • Arcturus41Arcturus41 Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm looking for CAS mod. Tattoo to be precise, for back of the hand, breast and back. Based on 21 Crests from Fire Emblem Three Houses.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    Arcturus41 wrote: »
    I'm looking for CAS mod. Tattoo to be precise, for back of the hand, breast and back. Based on 21 Crests from Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Are these what you are looking for? https://bleachedjam.tumblr.com/post/140044584920/sims-4-cc
    It says in the notes to contact them if you want the tattoos. It is still an active blog with posts from this year so hopefully, they will be able to provide them to you. Good luck!
  • Arcturus41Arcturus41 Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Bananas_45;c-17366227"][quote="Arcturus41;c-17366217"]I'm looking for CAS mod. Tattoo to be precise, for back of the hand, breast and back. Based on 21 Crests from Fire Emblem Three Houses.[/quote]

Are these what you are looking for?
    It says in the notes to contact them if you want the tattoos. It is still an active blog with posts from this year so hopefully, they will be able to provide them to you. Good luck![/quote]

Not quite. That's from Awakening, and it's from 2016..... I'm looking for the Three Houses one. Well, a Ylissean Royal tattoo won't hurt :smile: thanks!

Also, are there any mods that replaces Spellcaster fight (Mean action) when they win with Vampire's "victory animation" where they levitate and choke the loser?
    Bananas_45 wrote: »

Are these what you are looking for?
    It says in the notes to contact them if you want the tattoos. It is still an active blog with posts from this year so hopefully, they will be able to provide them to you. Good luck!

Not quite. That's from Awakening, and it's from 2016..... I'm looking for the Three Houses one. Well, a Ylissean Royal tattoo won't hurt :smile: thanks!

Also, are there any mods that replaces Spellcaster fight (Mean action) when they win with Vampire's "victory animation" where they levitate and choke the loser?

Sorry.
  • JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Are there any mods that change which sims are more likely to spawn at community lots? I'd like it so sims who live in the worlds are more likely to spawn/sims who live in others are far less likely to. I might try and make something myself, but I'm not super experienced in modding so if there are any mods that affect the spawning at all that would be great to have a look at as a starting point.
  • MetisMetis Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys, I am looking for a re-shade of the aviator sunglasses in game, with yellow tinted glass.

See here for a reference: https://www.vgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Far-Cry-5-Voice-Actor-Teases-Return-of-Joseph-Seed-924x520.jpg

Any help in finding them would be really helpful, or if someone is able to create this mod for me I'd be eternally grateful! I assume it would not be too hard to create...

Many thanks,
    Metis
    Metis wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am looking for a re-shade of the aviator sunglasses in game, with yellow tinted glass.

See here for a reference: https://www.vgr.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Far-Cry-5-Voice-Actor-Teases-Return-of-Joseph-Seed-924x520.jpg

Any help in finding them would be really helpful, or if someone is able to create this mod for me I'd be eternally grateful! I assume it would not be too hard to create...

Many thanks,
    Metis

How about these:
    https://sevensims.tumblr.com/post/172008089741/yh-its-a-new-rule-that-i-only-come-back-when-nct
  • NeiphNeiph Posts: 355 Member
    Arsenic174 wrote: »
    hey is there anyway i can request to create a mod??? I'm just asking if one can make a mod that allows robots to look like regular sims...just really want to make a story line, its kinda like Detroit: Become Human

I made a simdroid mod a while ago and am currently re-coding it to include a lot more elements. It is based on detroit and your simdroids can deviate and stuff, so it's quite like what you're looking for.
    You can stay up to date on my modding process here or join my discord for the simdroid updates channel :)
    survivegif_zpsn2lftfg9.gif.
  • DryricefieldsDryricefields Posts: 5 New Member
    I really want to know if there's a mod to keep a sim looking like a teen but as an adult (don't like the way it changes the sim), if not I hope a modder could look into this
    I really want to know if there's a mod to keep a sim looking like a teen but as an adult (don't like the way it changes the sim), if not I hope a modder could look into this

You might want to look for mods that allow Teens to act like adults, I don't think we can talk about those sites on the forum but they are out there.
  • NicoleAbrNicoleAbr Posts: 6 New Member
    I really, really miss the punishment system of Generations pack in Sims 3 where you had to be really careful with what you do with your child and teen siblings around your parents if you didn't want to get grounded. It was such a disappointment to me to find out that in Sims 4 parents do NOTHING with their teens and kids if they misbehave unless you tell them to do something. What's the point of a curfew if your teen sims can't go out by themselves or if nothing happens if you go back home with them at 4 in the morning?

I've been looking for mods that could do something about it, even a little at least. Force the parents to do punish their kids autonomously if they see something wrong would be heaven to me. Or... Idk a notification system that lets parents know whenever a kid is doing something wrong and should be punished. Maybe a pop-up asking for your directions of what you want to do with that sim if he does something wrong? I don't know much how a mod could work in this case, but I desperately need parents who care more about disciplining their child without it being totally in my hands.

I mean... I've noticed they autonomously discipline toddlers when they see they doing something bad. It's in the game, so maybe it could be adapted for kids and teens as well? Pretty please? =/
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    You can ground them with Parenthood.No phone, no TV, etc. I know it's not autonomous and I'm very happy for that as they tend to go way overboard with some autonomy. With TS3, one of my kids missed the bus by half a second and went to school on her own. Her mother CHASED HER DOWN to scold her and ground her. Because the kid was already in class, it pulled her out of class causing her to miss school which she got in even more trouble for. After that, I found a mod to turn it off unless they were caught fighting or skipping school, LOL.

Anyway, at Parenting level 5 you can ground your child (at level 4 you can put them in time out). Options I've seen have been no TV, no phone, no going out, etc. If they disobey their grounding conditions, the parents autonomously scold them (I do believe it has to be witnessed, though). This thread shows some of the grounding options. https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/918392/sims-4-parenthood-grounding-options . I haven't found any mods that will make them do it autonomously but there are many choices for punishment so that may be one reason.

NicoleAbr wrote: »
    I really, really miss the punishment system of Generations pack in Sims 3 where you had to be really careful with what you do with your child and teen siblings around your parents if you didn't want to get grounded. It was such a disappointment to me to find out that in Sims 4 parents do NOTHING with their teens and kids if they misbehave unless you tell them to do something. What's the point of a curfew if your teen sims can't go out by themselves or if nothing happens if you go back home with them at 4 in the morning?

I've been looking for mods that could do something about it, even a little at least. Force the parents to do punish their kids autonomously if they see something wrong would be heaven to me. Or... Idk a notification system that lets parents know whenever a kid is doing something wrong and should be punished. Maybe a pop-up asking for your directions of what you want to do with that sim if he does something wrong? I don't know much how a mod could work in this case, but I desperately need parents who care more about disciplining their child without it being totally in my hands.

I mean... I've noticed they autonomously discipline toddlers when they see they doing something bad. It's in the game, so maybe it could be adapted for kids and teens as well? Pretty please? =/

moxiegraphix on Origin