Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When is *THAT* stuff pack coming out? ๐Ÿน

Comments

• _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    @Gerbils91 & @Danny69912 I doubt we'll get anything from that pack given freely. Heck, I'm still doubting we'll even get the pack if we were prepared to pay in full.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    @Gerbils91 & @Danny69912 I doubt we'll get anything from that pack given freely. Heck, I'm still doubting we'll even get the pack if we were prepared to pay in full.

*pokes head out from house shaped rock*

Still nothing? A definite yes or no answer from the devs would be great as it feels like they're just stringing us along until we stop asking. Or more info on why it hasn't been ported over yet at the very least.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Or just give us the pack free haha I don't think we are getting it either unless they surprise us with it with du
    I don't think it's a problem to port... It's the backlash it received on pc, so they are unsure of how to price it for console without angering either pc players (if it's released marked down) or console players (if it's released at full price).
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't think it's a problem to port... It's the backlash it received on pc, so they are unsure of how to price it for console without angering either pc players (if it's released marked down) or console players (if it's released at full price).

I hope they release it on console for the players that want it. Although, I'm still upset that they actually released a pack like that... They would have to mark down the price or I would not purchase it (it's not worth $9.99).
    He/Him
    @ironknight35 But marking it down would only serve to anger the pc players who paid for it in full. See? It's not easy, and yes, it was a very poorly executed pack.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    @ironknight35 But marking it down would only serve to anger the pc players who paid for it in full. See? It's not easy, and yes, it was a very poorly executed pack.

I get that, but I think people are going to get angry either way. I would guess that is one of the reasons it hasn't released on console yet. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    He/Him
    I get that, but I think people are going to get angry either way.

โ˜๐ŸปAnd that is the long and short of it all. Something has to be done soon.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • BfeverBfever Posts: 40 Member

If that is really why they are hesitant on releasing it, they should just put their foot down and release it and price it the same. It wasn't well a though out pack on their part, but also, no one HAS to purchase it (either on console or pc). Not releasing it on console now just punishes the people that actually want to purchase it. All they can do at this point is learn to do better next time...It's a no win, but it doesn't help with their "all pc packs will be released to console" statement.
    @Bfever Agreed.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Bfever wrote: ยป

If that is really why they are hesitant on releasing it, they should just put their foot down and release it and price it the same. It wasn't well a though out pack on their part, but also, no one HAS to purchase it (either on console or pc). Not releasing it on console now just punishes the people that actually want to purchase it. All they can do at this point is learn to do better next time...It's a no win, but it doesn't help with their "all pc packs will be released to console" statement.
    Maybe they are having problems with Microsoft/Sony? Or It could be that they don't want to release it just yet because they don't want to upset the Console players (We all know how badly it was received on PC). Who knows, though?
    He/Him
  • Prink34320V2Prink34320V2 Posts: 156 Member
    Is there any way to contact PlayStation to ask what's going on with this dlc?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I get the impression the issue isnโ€™t the cost of the Dlc - if ea felt that strongly about it they could change the price of the pack across all platforms. I think the issue is the fact you need another dlc pack to take full advantage of my first pet stuff.
    Is there any way to contact PlayStation to ask what's going on with this dlc?

It has nothing to do with PlayStation, though. If you want to ask someone: EA, Maxis and the SimGuru's would be the people to ask, but SimGuru's just give the same excuses.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    Still no news on MFPS, after the Gallery was announced to be coming in early 2020.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Surprised this pack still isn't out on console
    @StevieJohn88 Yeah, still nothing
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • ShinyEmma1983ShinyEmma1983 Posts: 36 Member

Yep, thought we wouldโ€™ve had it by now.
    I am a proud console Simmer!
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    Hopefully soon! They may as well release it, its not like we don't know that it exists lol
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member

Yep, thought we wouldโ€™ve had it by now.

Good god, I made a joke a while back about the PS5 being out before MFPS but that is honestly looking more likely to happen by the day.

• LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    YEA! Where is it? I want a a hamster.
    Still no word.
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
    edited February 2020
    I wonder how Maxis/EA will implement this new pack we're voting on. In the 3rd CAS vote we could pick pet clothes. Surely that's going to have the same 'difficulties' being ported as MFPS.
    Post edited by _natalie on
    She/Her. ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป
    PlayStation. ๐ŸŽฎ
    United Kingdom. ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member

I clearly don't speak for all PC simmers but, given all the console players have already been through, I say just give them MFPS free. It's already such a nothing pack anyway, might as well just toss it in ยฏ\_(ใƒ„)_/ยฏ

To be perfectly honest they should just merge it with C&D and refund everyone who paid for it, too bad that'll never happen :'(