Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Trick-or-treating

jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
I kind of assumed that since my family has random kids coming to our house to trick-or-treat, that my kids in my family would be able to do this around the neighborhood too... But I can't find the option to do it? I selected my kid and picked the option to "wear costume" and the kid wants to do trick-or-treating as a tradition fulfillment... how do I do that?

Comments

• Beany_BeanBeany_Bean Posts: 5 New Member
    Sadly, I don't think you can 'go trick or treating' But, I think you fulfill it by clicking on the kids and then selecting 'trick or treat'. That should fill it. Hope this helps! :)
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Thanks, that;s what I was afraid of. Just disappointed that NPC kids go trick or treating, but our playable ones can't and can only hand out candy like adults.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    jaxie086 wrote: »
    Thanks, that;s what I was afraid of. Just disappointed that NPC kids go trick or treating, but our playable ones can't and can only hand out candy like adults.

It might take a lot of set up, but, if you "play" every other lot in your neighborhood and add the Spooky Stuff candy bowl, you could call a few of your sim kids friends over, dress them in costumes for Halloween and, as a group, go knock on the door of each house and, when invited in, take a piece of candy from the bowl. I'm not sure, but maybe if your sim kid takes a piece, they all will take a piece. Then, go to the next house.
  • micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    This disappointed me also. What I did was decorate a large park for Halloween and I spread out many spooky stuff candy bowls. Now I am going to invite some neighborhood children and trick or treat at the park. I hope this works.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    This disappointed me also. What I did was decorate a large park for Halloween and I spread out many spooky stuff candy bowls. Now I am going to invite some neighborhood children and trick or treat at the park. I hope this works.

Sounds like a good idea. I hope it works. Keep us informed.
  • juliana1306juliana1306 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Beany_Bean said:
    > Sadly, I don't think you can 'go trick or treating' But, I think you fulfill it by clicking on the kids and then selecting 'trick or treat'. That should fill it. Hope this helps! :)

Whenever I have a child sim selected, there is no option for trick or treat for when a kid comes. It just has the 3 introductions or the normal options if you already know the kid.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,570 Member
    Child Sims can complete this holiday goal by giving a gift to someone (weirdly enough, the give funny gift option does not count towards the goal).
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    If you aren't averse to mods... the KawaiiStacy Go Explore mod has a "trick or treating" option that triggers the holiday tradition and the sims come back with candy in their inventory.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2020
    It's a real shame that the devs cheapened out on trick or treating in TS4. I wish it were like in TS3 whee we can go to other's houses and ask for a treat or trick with a pumpkin basket thingy.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1