Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Year Giveaway (Winners Announced)

2...Next

Comments

• WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited December 2019
    Not really something that was released this year but I've enjoyed playing again, especially with vampires and the SoL & Meaningful Stories mods have added some interest to the game. I've also been playing an asylum challenge an a legacy challenge for a change.

Playing on PC

I'd love Outdoor Retreat or Backyard Stuff
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,128 Member
    edited December 2019
    First of all, thanks to @simgirl1010 for this giveaway.

There isn't one specific thing that I've enjoyed above others.

If I had to choose, I would say I've enjoyed building this year. I feel like I have developed some sort of style with my builds. Also, I finally finished my save file that I had been working on, so that was a personal accomplishment. There are a lot of the build/buy stuff we've gotten this year that I like. The wall coverings from Island Living are nice, and I love the windows and doors from Discover University.

As far as gameplay, I've been enjoying Discover University. I didn't know how much I really needed that pack until I got it. I like the flexibility that sims have with going to university while doing other things. It opened up a new way for me to tell stories. In one of the households I'm playing right now, my sim lost her job in the Secret Agent career because of a choice card. I decided she should go to university to be a Private Attorney. She's a married mom of four. Her husband is holding it down financially while she gets her degree. I've really enjoyed that extra level to her personality.

I'd really like Moschino stuff for PC.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    How sweet :blush: good luck to you all!
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited January 2020
    The thing I've enjoyed the most is the addition of more Occult Sims. This is my preferred gameplay and I finally feel more "at home" in TS4.

If I'm selected, Moschino Stuff for PC please and Thank You for this opportunity!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    This year I love that University came out, it was a pack Id been waiting for. Im having a lot of fun with it.
    I'd love to get outdoor retreat, jungle adventure, or moschino stuff pack
    VbXPSzu.png
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    Magic magic magic magic magic magic magic. The biggest thing about Sims for me, even bigger than dragons, is magic. We finally got it, even if it wasn't as good as it could have been. I can't imagine gameplay without it anymore.

I'm not in dire need for anything for a pack, so no worries if I don't get selected. But if I do, I suppose I'd like Backyard Stuff or My First Pet Stuff.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    I definitely feel like 2019 brought a substantial amount of content that I'd been desperately hoping for, and even some stuff I didn't know I needed, but can't imagine playing without it, at this point.
    The biggest highlight for me was "Realm of Magic", since my playstyle has always weighed heavily towards somewhat "supernatural" themes.
    Since TS1's Makin' Magic, I've always made my fictional world one where magic, and the paranormal, are just a regular part of my sim's every-day lives.
    I recently had one of my favourite sims singing and playing his keyboard for tips, when everybody turned away mid-performance, to swoon over Thorn Bailey, badly plunking away at a nearby piano. I made my sim magically "Morphiate" Mr. Bailey into a charming, decorative bunny figurine, so that he could commandeer the piano, and reclaim his audience. ;)

I really did enjoy both Strangerville and Island Living as well, and as a player who also does a lot of building, the addition of configurable stairs allowed me to properly realize so many build ideas I've had for years. With Strangerville and RoM, came some of the best Victorian build items since the Vampires GP.
    I would already have bought University too, but I'm still waiting for a good sale on the last few GPs and SPs I need to re-purchase, now that I've moved from my older non-metal Mac, to my PS4.

If I got lucky, my most wanted packs would be...

Platform: PS4

EP: Discover University
    GP: Jungle Adventure
    SP: Backyard Stuff
  • secretlondon123secretlondon123 Posts: 181 Member
    edited January 2020
    What I've enjoyed most is making CC. I've been using the game as a kind of art space. I make things in photoshop and then upload and share for pleasure. I don't necessarily have to play with them myself - the fun is in the making, having an idea and implementing it. I used to play Minecraft just to build and this is similar I guess.

About things that were released this year? I like island living as a base - it's beautiful and warm. Very different from where I live irl.

Platform: PC/Mac

EP: Get famous
    GP: realm of magic
    SP: vintage glamour
    Post edited by secretlondon123 on
  • Evilari6007Evilari6007 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am most thankful for the sims coming to PS4. I received one for Christmas this year and can now casually play them on the couch. Sadly I have to regain almost all the packs but almost feels like a new experience for me again.

Playstation 4 would be my preference. The below are my top 2 choices for each.
    EP: City Living or Discover University
    GP: Vampire or Strangerville
    SP: Cool Kitchen or Fitness Stuff
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    I think I have enjoyed playing with Island Living the most this past year, its so rainy here. Also some great interaction with different simmers.

Thank you for the opportunity. And all the Best for the New Year.

EP: Discover University
    GP: Realm of Magic
    SP: Moschino
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    edited January 2020
    Having paused for years (TS2 was the last game I played for realz), I started playing Sims again (TS4) in June and did so with a vengance, starting a legacy that I am only now about to finish, waiting for the last heir to grow up while working desperately on the few last achievements. I don't know whether I look forward to be done or dread it! So many lovable sims played, so many unexpected turns due to the self-imposed rules, so much frustration but oh, so much joy and so many amusing details to discover! A great way to reaquaint myself with the wonderful and fun sim world.

What next? I haven't had the guts to buy new packs during the holidays sale, since there is no chance for my household to finish new careers or maxing new skills before the legacy ends. However, I truly look forward to explore the game further in 2020! The gameplay, but also more house building, which used to be my passion back in the days but which I haven't fully indulged in this year due to the legacy.

Should I be so lucky:
    EP: City Living
    GP: Outdoor Retreat
    SP: Cool Kitchen Stuff
    Platform: PC

And happy New Year, all fellow simmers!
  • EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    Thanks for doing this giveaway. Magic. I recently bought Realm of magic and University in the sale and i am sending my spellcaster to Uni.
    For pc
    EP: Get Famous
    GP: Strangerville
    SP: Moschino
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,838 Member
    Thanks to everyone who entered.

Winners are:
    @ChelleJo Laundry Day SP for PS4
    @darrenfroggy Outdoor Retreat GP for PC
    @Nylalia Get Famous EP for PC
    @Simmingal Discover University EP for PC

Please message me for info on collecting your codes. :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member

Winners are:

Thank you so much @simgirl1010!! Congrats to the other winners as well. :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Eeeep, thank you! Congrats everyone else! :D
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Congrats everyone!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited January 2020
    *hyperventilates* i-is that me I see there O_O
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

oh and congrats to others ~~
    and so many many many thanks to @simgirl1010 for being generous and holding this giveaway :heart::bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NylaliaNylalia Posts: 64 Member
    Wow!!! Thank you @simgirl1010! And congratulations to all the winners!
  • PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member

Winners are:

Congrats winners! :)
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Many congratulations to all of the winners! May you enjoy endless hours of simming with your new packs! :)
    #Team Occult
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    To all winners, congratulations! :)
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋