Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Generations are in your Favorite Save?

How many generations have lived in your game, with the Sims you make out of CAS being Generation 1 (unless one has kids, in which case they could be Generations 1-8)?
funny-gifs20.gif

How Many Generations are in your Favorite Save? 102 votes

Generation 1-5
65%
Akl500PicmnfrshverlainemGalacticGalmcruddIsb917elanorbretonsimgirl1010Paigeisin5WyrrenluthienrisingCurolaAmj1995NezImaniwrenstalesAquariusMomtaydevKhrisstynePlumbobCrossingphantasmkiss 67 votes
Generation 6-10
21%
jeepjeepcatAlexaiCamkatMeteoraStormSxcDannii202keenowspice3Ninja-Dan22DevilNDisguiseWinifred_Willow83bienchensillyangel0906ImSandsAirakalezefronalyssa123singingwritingAriaMad2izecsonDaWaterRat 22 votes
Generation 11-15
5%
Kita5399RainbowSimQueenDESERTFLOWER1981orangehippogriffxMarianxAntiPrincess88 6 votes
Generation 16-20
0%
ChelleJo 1 vote
Generation 20+
5%
aprilrosehadklaxfallenangel66Colton147147runtmcpopstarsley 6 votes

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Generation 1-5
    I've never made it past generation 1 in sims 4 :joy: I mean they have kids, but those never age past the child age before I get distracted by a new pack, new idea, etc.

The furthest I ever got was generation 5 in my ts2 rotational legacy.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Generation 1-5
    It is four. This year am going to reach 10. I play rotationally so it might take a while though I know I will reach my goal. I must.

How about you? :)
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Generation 1-5
    3, im actually not a generation player.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Generation 6-10
    Generation 9 is roughly half-way through high school, and will be the first to go to Uni.

Of course, I'm going to be retiring this save after Generation 10 retires. There's enough miscellaneous family and the main house is rather sprawling, so it tends to glitch a bit (not to mention drawing a lot of juice when running.)

I love the family, but there's a time to write "the end" on every story.
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,373 Member
    Generation 1-5
    I'm only on generation 3, I've been rotating between all of the kids, but think I'm going to just focus on one from now on. I tend to have a favourite and get bored if I'm not playing them or things are progressing too slowly.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Generation 1-5
    My current save is up to generation three, but a fourth generation isn't too far away now as the eldest child of the second generation is about to do the deed of coitus with his wife. I play on the Long Lifespan, and have just started to try rotational play amongst the children of the main heir of the family... So who knows how long it will take me to reach 10 Generations. :|
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    Generation 1-5
    Only 3 generations. My favorite save is very old and buggy, so I can't play it as often as I would like. Also I have aging on long life span. I've had my 1st generation parents drink youth potions few times, they aren't even elders yet.
    I love my main Sim so much I haven't been able to let him (or his wife) age up to elders. Soon I have to, because their children and grandchildren are aging and I don't want parents to be as old as their children.
  • MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    Generation 1-5
    Technically, it's 4. But, if we count a sim that we played from cradle to grave as one generation, my number will be 16 because I play rotationally
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Generation 1-5
    In Sims 3, I'd get to generation five or seven, and the game would glitch. All of a sudden the founder no longer appeared on the family tree or something, and the game became unplayable.

In Sims 4, I've just always wandered off to do something else. I have plans for my save and either I don't want to mess those plans/that experiment up so I start a new save or I accomplish my goal in the first or second generation. My first Sims 4 Sim has adult grandchildren. That's as far as I've gotten, though I do go back now and then just to visit.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Generation 6-10
    I'm on generation 7! Who is a child, but I beat my record from other games (which was gen 6 as a child). So whoo! Going to hit that generation 10 one day!
    Though, even if I hit it, I'll probably still play in this save. I have too many community spots and families going to want to rebuild all that in another save. The few times I messed around with a brand new save, I was flabbergasted X spot didn't exist or Newcrest was vacant. My save's been going so long irl, I forget those things sometimes! :joy:
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    Generation 1-5
    It's the same save I have had since beginning, but I play a huge rotation so the progress is slow generation wise.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited December 2019
    Generation 1-5
    I'm still playing my first sim now! I usually play with ageing off and decide when to age sims up if at all, but he's a vampire anyway so he will always be my main sim. He has a daughter, but I will probably turn her into an eternal child ghost eventually once I'm finished enjoying the toddler stage. I have an alternative save where I plan on playing many generations, but the second isn't even out of nappies yet.
  • zefronzefron Posts: 157 Member
    Generation 6-10
    I'm up to seven so far. the goal is to get to generation ten by the end of next year (2020), but I'm not sure if I'll keep going after I get to ten. like, I want to, but the save has so much going on at the moment. though, there is a part of me that wants to get to 26 generations just for the alphabet legacy achievement.

honestly, it's so strange to think that I've been playing with this family for the last two years.
    // WEREWOLF BOYBANDS //

not so berry family tree
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Generation 1-5
    I'm on generation 5 in one of the households that is descended from an original tester sim. (There was an adoption in there but it's the same household). The first sim was really a tester sim for me. He and Summer Holiday married after meeting in the Welcome Wagon and they had two sons. One was really into science and technology, the other was a rocker dude who loved music. The "sciencey" sim stayed at the house in Single Streamlet in WC that was renovated to be a nice multilevel "townhome". The rocker guy moved to Oasis Springs that seemed to suit his personality. They live out on the edge of town where they can be as loud as they want.

The science-oriented household now has an astronaut with 6 kids that are on generation 5. Foxbury Institute might backrupt their generational wealth that has accumulated. The musical and creative household is on generations 3-4. The current father is a virtuoso and the mother is Sofia Bjergsen who is also musically gifted but spends a lot of time on wellness since there is a yoga studio that I built in her neighborhood. The sons are like teen idol types. One is going to be an actor in Del Sol Valley and one got admitted to the distinguished fine arts program at Britechester. I don't know if either of them will want to move back home but maybe the family can take in one of the 6 science-oriented cousins.

I started playing rotationally when I got GT and CL. I added more households as I went along so aging happens but a bit slowly. I'm not that fixated on the original family. They are like characters along with everyone else.

I also moved in some new characters such as some new Goths who are distant cousins of the originals and descendants of the Von Haunts in a palace. I count the newer households as being on the same timeline as the ones who have been there longer. Other than some older sims, it's generation 4-5. I'm not too obsessed with aging it along too quickly because then I'll need to age out all of the townies and make over new ones. (I've just been deleting a bunch that I never made over). At some point, I might want to do that but I'm not in a rush.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Generation 16-20
    I'm currently still in House 16 of my Schmitt's, but the 17th Generation heir is currently a child.

My family so far:

Gen 1: Anna Schmitt married Paul Harrison
    Gen 2: Antonia Schmitt (H) married Juan Guerrero, brother Nikola Schmitt (only Schmitt to not be named with an A).
    Gen 3: Ashton Schmitt married Celine Bheeda
    Gen 4: Abbie Schmitt-Yi married Matty Yi, brother Andy Schmitt
    Gen 5: Alisha Schmitt married Ryan Paulsen, brother Aaron Schmitt
    Gen 6: Annabelle Schmitt married Davin Hastings
    Gen 7: Adam Schmitt (H) married Brenna Schmitt (Forget her maiden name)
    Gen 8: Ava Schmitt married Jairo Villareal
    Gen 9: Andrea Schmitt married Ayden Stark, Siblings: Jacquline Schmitt; Mercedes Schmitt; Chadwick Schmitt
    Gen 10: Anthony Schmitt married Suki Nicholas, identical twin; Andrew Schmitt
    Gen 11: Axel Schmitt married Chandler LaRue
    Gen 12: Amelia Schmitt married Jaxton Dowd
    Gen 13: Anika Schmitt married Ian Dowd (not related); brother Arthur Schmitt
    Gen 14: Abraham Schmitt married Elizabeth Walsingham
    Gen 15: Angelina Schmitt married Braylon Massey
    Gen 16: August Schmitt (H) married JB Schmitt; Sister Amanda Schmitt
    Gen 17: Aubree Schmitt (Currently a child)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • RainbowSimQueenRainbowSimQueen Posts: 1,227 Member
    Generation 11-15
    I'm currently on generation 14 in my favorite save. I've been trying to complete the legacy challenge since TS3 and for one reason or another my save would always get corrupted. I must say it feels good to stick with a family and watch them grown and change through multiple generations
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Generation 1-5
    In two of my favourite we are just starting the 3rd generation. Still not see the impact of gingers lol. However I think that MCC might be playing a big part soon. Currently I have 4 of the 2nd generation in University. I find it very time consuming and not much time for making babies around the sim world. I also have aging off at the moment.
    My first save is on 3rd gen with some families. There is a few of 2nd gen who are ready for uni, but I don't want to play them all in it. I need to figure out how to use the dormitory system to get them through. I only want to play certain sims.
    I still have not figured out rotational play with university.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Lemon405Lemon405 Posts: 163 Member
    Generation 1-5
    Original Sim from the day I loaded up Sims 4 for the first time. I probably won’t bother turning aging on or creating another generation in this iteration because the game is lacking progression, teens and below are irritating and lacking, there’s no progression or depth.

In previous versions I’ve gotten several generations in on long lifespan before glitches, or boredom had me moving to other things, but Sims 4 just lacks interesting everything.

I spend most of my time building, playing with photography, and progressing my main sim in skills. She just maxed magic, so I’m probably going to spend the next few months testing how much stuff she can set on fire and taking out frustration on annoying sims. 😂
  • fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Generation 20+
    Generation 32 my original save, no cheats, long lifespan, all the premades died off ages ago, currently playing the however many times great granddaughter of my simself.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Generation 16-20
    Generation 32 my original save, no cheats, long lifespan, all the premades died off ages ago, currently playing the however many times great granddaughter of my simself.

That is amazing!
    p8L4V6v.png
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Generation 20+
    Almost 30! I have 3 Simmies in different households that I love so much right now I’ve had to stop playing. I can never decide which one to play!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Generation 1-5
    Wow! I'm super impressed with most of y'all. I haven't gotten past Gen 2, and the poster above me is almost at 30! It's so incredible.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Never past Gen 1. some of my sims have kids. But they stay kids, or teens if I feel I need to age them for something else occurring in the world.

But nope, none of those kids have ever become YAs who have kids.

I might try it some day. Maybe.
  • CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Generation 1-5
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Generation 1-5
    Only generation three on my current save. The highest I’ve got is 4, but my current save is the most fun. I usually have everything go..pretty much perfect in my saves, but my current save, bad things happened and thats what made it interesting. My highest generation save I was rushing through to get a lot of generations.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg