Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

@SimGuruMorgan Gallery Request

I'm a premade sim lover, and was having a really good time this year when @SimGuruMorgan took her time to recreate and upload old families/households. Some loved it, some disliked it, some didn't care... But me.. OMG, I was so happy. Of course there was some divergence on their appearance, but its hard to recreate sims from previous games as identical to their first versions. Each game is differente, and recreating them is hard, but not impossible, it just takes time and effort... A lot of training to get there. Here's an example of my recreations:
MTS_Karon-1791553-BBFB.jpg
MTS_Karon-1791554-BBFF01(3)-Copia.jpg
MTS_Karon-1791555-BBSF01(3).jpg
This is Buddy Bailey from Sims 3's Twinbrook.

As you can see, its really close, but not perfect, because its impossible unless the devs made a tool to convert Sims2/3 "DNA" to Sims 4, but I don't think its possible. Like, I recreated Mary Baker, also from Twinbrook, and I was so frustrated that after working for houses/days in her I jsut couldn't get her to look exactly like the original, just because in SIms 4 there's no double-chin/chin-fatness. Take a look:
MTS_Karon-1828814-04MBRosto.jpg

Anyway, @SimGuruMorgan I'm not sure if you stopped/cancelled the project because some people are mean, but don't give up. It was so cool to see old loves of mine showing up in the gallery (and, even better, in the game too). I kinda understand when some simmers point out that some Sims 4 characters just look like a random sim with similar name, hair colors and eye color (like Nina and Dina Caliente, as well as Don Lothario) they just don't look anything like their Sims 2/3 versions... Like, Don in Sims 2 and 3 used to look like a Casanova, Chic, seducing... In Sims 4 he's pretty, but he looks like those vulgar hunk guys you met in the gym.
But, in some cases, like Dustin Broke, complaints are unfounded. In Sims 2 we meet a teenager Dustin, thin, a rebel bad boy with a good heart for his family, his family is poor, and his doing poor in school because he's focused on work, trying to help his family. In Sims 4 he's fat, older, has a bad reputation and is on level 6 of the Business career. Some say the problem is that his eye in SIms 2 is blue and in Sims 4 is green, some say that his dress code is different, that he wasn't fat, that he's nothing like he was, but I think his Sims 4 depiction is the best of all Sims recreated from previous games, because if you take a deeper look you can see that there's a story.
He was doing poor on school, because he loves so much his family and wanted to help... he was focused on his job. Maybe his hard work paid off. Also, the "fatness" complain... He's the grandsson of Bob Newbie. In Sims 3 he's a thin teenage, in Sims 1 he's a fat adult. Dustin could probably have Bob's genes for fatness. Anyway...

@SimGuruMorgan I just want to tell you that you were doing a great job, do not give up. I know that when you're working on a new pack you can't upload new sims to the gallery, but you could also do contests on moments like that, Have simmers recreate an old family (like, this week recreate Thornton and Morgana from Sims 3), than pick the most voted/downloaded of them and make them an official Maxis sim in the official Maxis gallery (just don't let youtubers/influencers participate, as it wouldn't be fair play... maybe they wouldn't even put effort in recreating the sims and we would be stuck with a random sim with an old name). Also, you could have more than one family done, and reserve some for when you don't have time for CAS/Gallery.

And, finally, I just wanted to list some sims I would love to see uploaded to the gallery.

The Sims 1:
Some families/households/sims from Sims 1 were kinda forgotten in time. I would love to see them in full 3D, maybe even confirming some theories (like if Chris and Melissa roomies were the celebrities supermodels seen in The Sims 2: H&M Fashion Stuff... Did they became famous after sims 1?!). Also, if you wanted a family to quickly create without much effort (like from Sims 2/3 you would need to take a careful look at their facial features and body types), some Sims 1 families never had a much more detailed appearance in other games like the Mashuga couple (would love to see an older version of them with children), Claire Charming and her pet Luna, the Hick family and their dogs, Ginia Kat and her cats (would be cool if you made official that Tara Kat from SIms 2 is her daughter).
Other cool thing you could do that wouldn't be hard was officializing rare Sims 1 families. There are 2 families in promotional material that we never had a chance to paly with (the Lawson and Wallace family that you can see here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Sims_used_in_promotional_materials) as well as some families that we could download from the official Sims 1 website like the Snooty Patooty family, the Valentino family, the Jones family, the Maximus family, and the Hatfield family.
I would suggest you to go for the Hatfield family, because they were cool to play back then and the matriach Ruby Ann Hatfield could be officialized as Ruby Broke, then you could also include the rest of the Broke family with her in this Sims 4 household. hehe
Console families could also fill this spot of easy/quick to recreate. You can take a look at Sims 1 console famileis in a list here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/SimValley
The Sims 2/The Sims 3/Console:
There are so many families in those that I suggest you to do a rank for each sim neighborhood/world, than go more in-depht making us rank which sims/families we like the most from them and then recreate them. But, I would love to see The Sims Stories receiving some love, like you could recreate the main protagonists. I would also love to see other My Sims characters turned into real Sims like you guys did with the BFF and Behr households. I know we have Morcubus for download in @SimGuruLindsay gallery you could just upload him to the official Maxis gallery.
Also, for all simgurus, specially those that create worlds. Please, focus on adding more old/classic premades in-game. I love new sims, but I feel overwhelming for the amount of random sims that have been added since sims 3 that we will never see again. I know its more cool to create new ones, but you can create new ones while mantaining consistency. Like, Lilith and Angela were new sims, like her mother and the Oldies. You should/could focus on adding new sims that are connected to old ones, because its more pleasing and entertaining to play. I don't mind 1/2 disconnected sims (which could be connected in future games, like... If J Huntington is Katrina Caliente's new boy toy/husband in SIms 5 hehe... thei aren't connected, but they would fit perfectly on an on-going storyline).
You have a new sim that you kinda love and wanted to include instead of an old sim all over again?! Well, add both then... Like... I don't know... Mkae them married to eachother. Like, in Barnacle Bay from Sims 3 we had the Caliente sisters back, but they had a brand new friend we never played before. Thats a cool way to itnroduce a new sim. hehe

Anyway, @SimGuruMorgan and all world creator sim gurus from Maxis, I have enjoying your worlds and families from previous games so much, and I jsut wanted to wish you guys a merry christmas and a new year as well as show support. Keep up with the good work and I hope you guys take my suggestions seriously. I know that they are just characters from a game, but they can and hsould be more entertaining to play. I'm not saying that theey weren't, but they can be MORE. I believe in you all\! <3

Comments