Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Me Again!

Hi, all. Another issue. My girl Angela is a District Superintendent; and the "Give Lecture" stat continues to drop down to horrifying. I force her into giving lectures as soon as she can, to as late as she can, without taking a break, every single day off and every day after work. But for some reason, I can never get the Give Lecture stat to normal or better.
I love this game, but it's making me crazy. :(
Be safe.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Do you ever have her use actual work time to prepare lectures (I think that's the designation, but it's something like that)? As I recall, it's impossible to maintain this career metric at the higher job slot levels without doing both during work hour prep and after work hours delivery of the lectures. Many players report that it's still impossible for some of their sims to do better than Normal even with all the prep, but at least maintaining that should be reachable.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    Actually I have not done that! I'll try it in a few minutes. Thanks for the advice.
    Be safe.
    It does not help. :(
    Be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    edited December 2019
    The issue with these metrics is that there's a running total of how many your sim has done, and each one only lasts a set amount of time (maybe a week). So it's difficult to see whether your sim is getting credit for new lectures right away, as the old ones might initially be disappearing from the count as quickly as you can replace them. That also makes it hard to know immediately whether you've fixed the issue.

That doesn't explain the initial problem with the count though, unless you let the sim fall far behind where she should have been. It might just be a random glitch. I had one sim in law enforcement who came back from a vacation with a "neutral" rating on reports done, but every report she filed pushed the rating down one level. On the other hand, when I got annoyed, quit without saving, and had her not do any reports, her rating stayed at neutral. For weeks. She hasn't filed a report since before her about-to-be-YA twins were born. I have no idea if this was a real glitch, or just a side effect of the fact that time stands still on vacations, but I never liked making her do the reports anyway.

Whatever the case, you can try moving your sim out and back into her house again from Edit Town. While she'll keep her job (and lose her promised wishes and opportunities), her progress in her job should reset. Hopefully the lectures metric will reset as well. Be sure to clear the caches both before and after doing this. Use "save as" and rename the save so you can revert if this doesn't work or you don't like the results.
    edited December 2019
    Yeah, I still don't know how to do the cache thing. It's not easy to understand online instructions....but I do plan on moving them to a different neighborhood anyway; hopefully it helps.
    Be safe.
  • puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    Open Documents, then Electronic Arts, then the folder labeled The Sims 3. Delete these five files inside:
    • CASPartCache
    • compositorCache
    • scriptCache
    • simCompositorCache
    • socialCache
    Depending on your computer's settings, the files may or may not have a .package extension showing. But they're the same files either way.
    @puzzlezaddict Thank you.
    Be safe.