Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    OraKholOraKhol Posts: 28 Member
    Gee wiz. I'm learning so much more than I ever thought I would. I've been Playing since OG Sims and Im still a noob n_n*
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    I just recently noticed that Sims with the gloomy trait will cry about a fire happening instead of freaking out about it. And I don't know what trait it is that made one of my Sims stand there pointing and laughing about the fire, but he has childish, goofball, and erratic, he's also insensitive.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I didn't know that there's a little mouse hole for your wall in build mode and if you place it in your house you'll have a mouse running around
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    I didn't realize how many toilets you need in one house. Especially when you have guests and employees over during social gatherings like birthday parties and weddings, etc. I've had to quickly go to build-mode and plop down a bunch of toilets all over the place to keep my sims and all the npc sims from going crazy, haah! XD
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    > @WhatCobblers said:
    > [quote="The_Ghost;c-17326498"]Had a question, do sims you don't control go on with their lives? Example do they find jobs, get married, and have children?[/quote]
    >
    > The Goth family in my game had another child whilst I accidentally left on the option that all Sims could age up in game options. Didn't actually realise this option existed until I discovered some of the families I hadn't played for a whole had died of old age. There is an option in gameplay menu for all Sims in the game to age up during play or active household only.

Yes, I had to go in to many of the NPC households and in a way, reset them manually, or just delete them entirely. The Goths though, I'm playing them now. I really worked over their house and tweaked the original 4 characters a bit. :)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I didn't realize how many toilets you need in one house. Especially when you have guests and employees over during social gatherings like birthday parties and weddings, etc. I've had to quickly go to build-mode and plop down a bunch of toilets all over the place to keep my sims and all the npc sims from going crazy, haah! XD

There's also an achievement for having a sim pee him/herself on a lot with 5+ toilet - happened to my pregnant sim.
    Due to how The Sims works (any installment, in fact) with the time needed for toilet and shower, I tend to have a separate bathroom for each bedroom, another for a gym (if the house has one), and a toilet-only room near the dining area (for guests mostly as I lock the bedrooms - and thus the bathrooms in them - to guests to prevent them grouping up there).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    There's also an achievement for having a sim pee him/herself on a lot with 5+ toilet - happened to my pregnant sim.
    Due to how The Sims works (any installment, in fact) with the time needed for toilet and shower, I tend to have a separate bathroom for each bedroom, another for a gym (if the house has one), and a toilet-only room near the dining area (for guests mostly as I lock the bedrooms - and thus the bathrooms in them - to guests to prevent them grouping up there).

I found it amusing when I did have 4 toilets in the main bathroom, then after peeing, the first person done goes to the sink in the bathroom to wash their hands. The next one makes their way to the kitchen sink. The other two go to the sinks in the two bathrooms on the second floor. But by the time one of them reaches one of the sinks, turns around and has to go all the way back to the main bathroom because someone is washing dishes in that sink, because the kitchen sink was occupied by the second person washing their hands in the kitchen sink earlier.

Heh heh!

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    edited December 2019
    i discovered a couple of things while playing and decided "hey i'd might as well post these to the things you didn't know thread!"
    • sims will slam their fridge so hard that it shakes when angry
    • you can ask vladislaus to turn you into a vampire
    • you can beg spoiled cats to stop their misbehaviors (since they usually ignore you after you lecture them)
    • sims with a low level of the cooking skill will sometimes sneeze while cooking (????)

weird.
    Post edited by llamasflu on
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    sims with a low level of the cooking skill will sometimes sneeze while cooking (????)

weird.

Maybe they're not yet used to all those fancy spices and they tickle their noses?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    sims with a low level of the cooking skill will sometimes sneeze while cooking (????)

i always thought the point of that animation wasn't the sneezing itself, it was that they sneezed on the food, therefore showing they're not very good at cooking yet. good cooks don't sneeze on the food (at least to my knowledge...)
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    quækquæk Posts: 45 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »

i always thought the point of that animation wasn't the sneezing itself, it was that they sneezed on the food, therefore showing they're not very good at cooking yet. good cooks don't sneeze on the food (at least to my knowledge...)

Yeah! Another example is when making a garden salad, they might dig their ear before using the same hand to toss the salad; gross!
  • Options
    llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    alyssa123 wrote: »

yeah, that's what i think, too. i think their moods and traits might also determine the chances of whether or not if they do these clumsy things while cooking
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    My sim is married to an alien and one day he brought home a space rock from one of his missions. His wife - the alien - analyzed it and a notification popped up saying: "It's always nice to see a little piece of home!"

Awww! That is sooo cute!!
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I didn’t know that sims with the sad moodlet could water plants with their tears… How tragic.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I didn't know that child Sims can so homework sitting at a table or desk, standing, kneeling on the ground, or sitting in a chair lol.
  • Options
    BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    The other day as I paid close attention to a sim child playing the typing game on a computer, I noticed there was a logic to the simlish letters and that they actually spelled what seemed to me English words. For example, a picture of a chair and a picture of a car makes the sim type words starting with the same simlish character.
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    I didn't know that since DU you can transfer money between families via manage households. This even works for unplayed households. I thought this is only possible for played families when someone moves out.
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    The Sims team secretly added an item called The Child Statue the other day. It's Baby Yoda. Cool, that is.
  • Options
    ArtsyBananaArtsyBanana Posts: 339 Member
    This is a really cool feature for your Geek Sims (Sims that have the Geek Trait)

So if you have Get Famous, and you buy them (The Geek Sim) and use the Drone, the sim will automatically get a +10 Happy Moodlet when the drone is active. Pretty cool to know especially when you want those Very Inspired/Focused/Energized Moodlets while playing to gain skills ;)
    See what's up in my gallery: Origin ID: ArtsyBanana
    I have finally finished my Legacy Challenge , these are the Levis (numbered by Generation!)
    https://imgur.com/L3Q6aQZ

• Options
    rqvenclawrqvenclaw Posts: 1 New Member
    If you have a sim take medicine while not sick, a “public service announcement” notification will pop up on the screen
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I need to go in-game to double check, but yesterday I noticed that one of my Sims had a pink exterior phone case; it stood out to me because at the beginning of my gameplay, I had specifically changed her phone swatch to pink. I thought the swatch in the phone UI was just for the background we as the players see, and it never occurred to me that it must mean it's the color of the Sims phone exterior too.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    If you're looking for details for an office, the FRONT desk that comes with Get To Work has a desktop phone and a storage container on it that are perfect for that kind of thing!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    Vanesa1118Vanesa1118 Posts: 38 Member
    • 'kiss in water' interaction when two sims with romantic relationship are in water

I just discovered it yesterday, I had no idea about this!
  • Options
    Vanesa1118 wrote: »
    • 'kiss in water' interaction when two sims with romantic relationship are in water

I just discovered it yesterday, I had no idea about this!

I wonder if there is an 'angry kiss'? Lol
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top