Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you want another pack like Strangerville

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Yes
    Yea I think it would be fun. I enjoyed the StrangerVille story and I really like the world that came with the game, too.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Yes
    I enjoyed it enough to play it twice through, and I use some of the Build/Buy and CAS items to this day.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    I bought it for half off, and I like the world and stuff that came with it. So I feel like it was worth what I paid. But, I've only played the story through once and don't see myself doing it ever again. For me to say I'd actually want a similar pack again, it would have to be quite large, like World Adventures was. That was a similar idea, but there was much more to do and I found that if I just waited a few months, I had fun doing the quests again. And I don't see them doing anything like that with Sims 4.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    No.... I barely even touched Strangerville. I did not enjoy it in the slightest, weakest GP imo. 1, there was very little gameplay, 2 the story was too short, boring and it lacked depth (even for a sims story I mean), 3 the story goals were very repetitive and boring, 4 I tend to not use Strangerville to avoid seeing the possessed sims.
    That pack was actually fun but I wouldn't do it again so it has no replay value to me. The possessed sims were hilarious when they added stuff in your fridge and it got confiscated by the Sims In Black. :joy:

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    The last thing Sims 4 needs is shallow content with limited replayability. StrangerVille was (mostly) a one-and-done thing, and that's not what we need right now. I'd rather effort be spent on stuff that would enrich gameplay, or bring back stuff I liked in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of a story pack, and it could be done well. StrangerVille's story aspect was executed horribly and I will go on a long rant the second any of you prod me. But a story can be fun, because you can choose the hero and create the story you want. If we had a branching story and ways to shape the plot, characters and outcome, it would be a really fun experience.

So yeah. I like the idea, though I'd rather we get other stuff first. But if they did make a new story pack, I hope they go with something like Medieval & Castaway Stories. They had better story, stronger characters, new gameplay, variety and refreshing scenarios that made me want to replay them over and over again.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Yes
    Absolutly love packs with a highly specific theme.

Generic life simulation packs are okay, but TS4 does not let you truly play the game the way you want to. Adventure packs are at least honest in how they advertise themselves.

If I can't have a townie job manager, no more situational outfits, and story progression, I'll be less frustrated with adventure packs.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    I don't own Strangerville, but it's high on my wishlist and if there are different endings I'll probably buy upon release. Especially if it's a theme I'm interested in, like how Strangerville was.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Yes, but only if they are more than one and longer
    I like strangerville, I like the quirky story as well as the world. But it would have been even better if there were two or three different endings to the quest. I played sims medieval a lot and one of the best features of that game is the fact that most quests can be solved in a few ways. It helps with replay value and allows us to have a little say in the end of the story.
  • Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Strangerville surprisingly became my favorite game pack because of the world, BB and CAS items, and the music but that's besides the point. While I liked having a story and quests to complete it was rather tedious and I don't think I'll replay it again for a while. So I would love to see another story driven pack but it needs to have more things to do and branching paths to add replay value.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No
    No! I hope to never see anything added ever again that can only be played once otherwise its the exact same story over and over again.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but with a toggle off option. I enjoyed the story, but once was enough, I don't want to do it every time I start a new save.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes
    I would love another Strangerville type story mode pack! I love the fact it's so different and despite what many may think, I believe this isn't a one and done pack. It can be played out in so many different ways. My first play through Sim, Strangerville Hero, was in the new military career that comes with the pack.

The second time, my Sim was a writer who came to claim an 'inheritance' (a run down shack surrounded by barbed wire in the trailer court) from her eccentric Uncle after he suddenly, mysteriously died. She ultimately ended up homeless when the SIB bulldozed the property to conceal evidence.

The third time my Sim was a geeky Scientist and when I play it again, I'm thinking about playing as a conspiracy theorist. Both of these Sims haven't fully played through yet and I might even have one of them do a 'revival.' ;)

I absolutely adore the world too, it's gorgeous, and have played a few Sims there that will never try to solve the mystery surrounding the town. I've also used elements from the pack in other worlds to make my gameplay more interesting. For instance, I'm currently playing an Asylum challenge in hard mode with Sims that are possessed and have the paranoid trait - in Sulani on the volcano lot! I've played another possessed Sim there too in a Rags to Riches save.

I also love build/buy and CAS in this pack, so versatile and can be used in so many ways. I'm thoroughly enjoying this pack and believe the above is just the tip of the iceberg in the many ways it can be used.

Just my two cents... *shrugs*

Happy Simming! <3
    Ridge Everest - Strangerville Hero
    b3Hc5aN.png
    Lynn Lawson
    R5KT81A.png
    Carol Bowser
    y10CFab.png
    Caldera Camp Asylum
    Rv43QYk.png
    Poppy Groves
    5WjdNGM.png
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    No
    Noooo, I hate that you can't toggle all the strange stuff going on and make it a livable town right away. For that reason, I only have one save that I can move Sims' in because I refuse to go through the tedious trouble of solving the silliest part of the puzzle in the end for all my saves over and over again. There is also not nearly enough lots for all the trouble you do go through, either.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
  • MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    No please, no thanks. I've done it once, and I found it too easy and boring. I don't like when the game tells me what to do. Give me tools and goals and let me do it my way!
  • dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    No
    I don‘t mind story-based games but Strangerville doesn’t really have a story to tell. I‘d rather not have another one.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes
    I’m going to say yes only because of the lack of a ‘maybe/unsure’ option. I was pleasantly surprised with Strangerville, it added a lot of wackiness to the game which I really missed from past versions. Plus it was refreshing to have something we’d never seen before. I think it would depend on the storyline and theme if they were to do a similar GP. But I don’t think they should do too many similar packs. The Sims has always been about creating your own storyline and it would be awful to be suddenly restricted to linear gameplay.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Time Travel Adventure into the past & future.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

I second that. Such a cool idea. Wild west for the past and post apicalyptic zombie wirld for the future.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    No
    kostasmpi wrote: »

I second that. Such a cool idea. Wild west for the past and post apicalyptic zombie wirld for the future.

That would be cool if it were fully fleshed out, live-able worlds like Oasis Landing in Sims 3: Into the Future. But, you know in Sims 4 it wouldn't be like that and everyone would just be disappointed.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Yes
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    kostasmpi wrote: »

That would be cool if it were fully fleshed out, live-able worlds like Oasis Landing in Sims 3: Into the Future. But, you know in Sims 4 it wouldn't be like that and everyone would just be disappointed.

Yes but nothing is ever gonna be as fleshed out as in the Sims 3 in term of world openess and size. I donf know I think I need more adventure in the S4.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    No
    It was fun doing the story, as it also fit one of my characters, but I highly doubt I will ever do it again...I much prefer the usual packs, just , giving us the tools to create our own stories.
    So as for the story aspect: No.
    As for SV being strange (possessed Sims walking arround and weird plants growing), I do like that + the fact that it stays in SV makes the place more special, I wish all sim worlds had more special things about them or at least the occult worlds, guess I am the minority on that one.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    Yes
    i loved it.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    I want more "quest" like mechanics in the Sims 4 (and no, I don't mean the event challenges). It reminds of the opportunities you could complete in the Sims 3 for rewards and such.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    No
    The story was too linear. I like some options in games and the game gave me no options. It reminded me of the old console sims games but worse in a way. At least sims 1 & 2 console versions had a cool storyline and a lot more tasks to do than Strangerville.
    Strangerville was okay but not okay to warrant another pack like this, IMO.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    No
    No, thanks. if I want to do quests and a pre fabricated story I will play MMO's.