Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bring the Vampires Back!

I really don't think it's fair that I had my game play altered (ruined) because someone else complained about vampires feeding. If you didn't like it, put garlic on on the front door to your home. Then the vampires can't bite you. Not only that, there's things Maxis could have done instead. Have spellcasters ward homes so vampires stay away, make a lot trait that keeps them away, but why ruin my game play because some people complained. That's bad business!!! Bring my game play back!

Comments

• LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Did EA do something to our TS4 vampires? I hadn't played them in a while.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited December 2019
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Did EA do something to our TS4 vampires? I hadn't played them in a while.

Yes they did. With the exception of Vlad's initial introduction and shortly thereafter bite, they no longer break in and feed on your sims. And if you don't have him in your game, none at all.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    edited December 2019
    Where'd you get that info? (Source?) Since I play almost exclusively with Vampire households, I can't judge that, but I read other Simmer's Sim docus and there are still nightly Vampire visits from time to time.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »
    Where'd you get that info? (Source?) Since I play almost exclusively with Vampire households, I can't judge that, but I read other Simmer's Sim docus and there are still nightly Vampire visits from time to time.

Source-me. Oh, they'll drop by for friendly visits at night, but there are no more vampire break in/feedings. I've had zero break ins since the change and I play a lot. A LOT.

It's funny how people ask for all these changes to make the game safe, and then complain about it being boring. The only issue with break-ins I really had was vampires doing it at public venues. Your sims couldn't leave a bar if a vampire was breaking in.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I've had a few break ins and feedings.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
    edited December 2019

I can't be that unlucky. Was it Straud or rando vamps? I've literally had ZERO in over 100 hours of game play.
  • AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    On the first day of university yesterday, my sim's apartment gremlins broke everything in the house, and a random vampire broke in and fed on him. I don't think anything's changed, but it might just be less common?
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    I had a couple break ins. By other than Vlad too, and I don’t really play the vampires. I try to remember to keep my doors locked at night, but I do see vampires on the door step sometimes. I love watching them go from bat to sim. I have always wondered if talking about vampires with other sims or reading the vampire tombs generate the break ins.
    Assimulo wrote: »
    On the first day of university yesterday, my sim's apartment gremlins broke everything in the house, and a random vampire broke in and fed on him. I don't think anything's changed, but it might just be less common?

Do you both have all the game packs and keep it up to date? Just trying to figure out why I'm not getting them.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »
    Assimulo wrote: »

Do you both have all the game packs and keep it up to date? Just trying to figure out why I'm not getting them.

I have all GPs except Dine Out and I update regularly.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Actually vampire break in still a thing but very rarely and they only occured if you have no vampire in your household, I got vampire break in 3 times in a year(real time)
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sinrasinra Posts: 72 Member
    I've noticed a lack of break-ins too. However, after the recent patch I made a new test save to check things out and had Vlad's usual first break-in which I haven't seen in a while, and out of curiosity I kept going on that save for a while to see if further break-ins occur and eventually Vlad did return to feed, as did other vampires. They do just stand there by the door if my sim is awake and only break in if she's asleep before they spawn. The patch test sim lived in Sulani.

I haven't checked with my current households yet, but I for sure haven't seen a break-in for quite a while in my primary saves. In several of them I do have "played households" that include vampires, but playing rotationally my active household doesn't always include vampires. Maybe that has something to do with it?
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    I think that might depend on wether all the sims are sleeping or not...
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I had a couple break ins. By other than Vlad too, and I don’t really play the vampires. I try to remember to keep my doors locked at night, but I do see vampires on the door step sometimes. I love watching them go from bat to sim. I have always wondered if talking about vampires with other sims or reading the vampire tombs generate the break ins.

I think talking about vampires and having vampire lore does increase the chances of break-ins and feedings. I still do get random break-ins if a sim has no vampire lore skill so I can't be too sure. I wish there was a actual mechanic that guaranteed break-ins (or abductions and other random stuff) instead of us doing all this guessing or the devs tweaking stuff.
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Here. I don't even get ANY vamps breaking in for nightly feeds ever. And worse, if I play a regular Sim and not a Vampire directly, you would not even know there were Vampires in the game at all. My Sims have had to go basically beat down Vlad's door and yank him off his organ and ask to be turned. It's that bad.

I have had to install many mods, affecting autonomy in numerous ways, plus even more mods specific to Vampires, to make playing with them even remotely interesting, but doing everything I can to attract them, the most I have experienced is one knocking on the door at night. If my Sim is sleeping, they wait a while and go away. If I wake up my Sim to invite them in, they politely watch TV or do PC gaming all night, whether my Sim joins them or goes back to sleep hoping they'll do something...anything.

Yeah, if it weren't for modders, EA really ought to refund everyone's money who ever bought Vampires.

Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    The only break-ins I've had were from Vlad and that was due to a) my Sim had Vampire Lore skill and b) she was asleep with the door unlocked (I'd forgotten to lock it.) In total, I've only had maybe three break-ins, if that.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow

I can't be that unlucky. Was it Straud or rando vamps? I've literally had ZERO in over 100 hours of game play.

You and me both. After loading up on autonomy mods, even those specific to Vamps, making the home a Vamp Nexus, having Sims read up on lore etc etc etc, I have still only had a vamp come knocking politely a few times in all the 1000+ hours of gameplay, and even then, they appear to visit only for the pleasure of watching TV or playing PC games, whether my resident Sim is awake, or asleep. Then around 4 am, they just leave.
    I have never even seen what a nightly feeding looks like, nor have I ever seen that option come up for any Vamps I was playing.

The only reason I get anything out of my Vamps at all is due to loading up on mods, but nightly feedings are unicorns.

*scowling at people who would actually buy a Vampire pack and then not want Vampires...at least EA could have put in a toggle switch, or sold "the decor" separately*

xicwqMCm.jpg
    If there were a Dark Sims version, an entirely separate game specifically for 18+, I would buy it next time, instead. But modders really are the ones who deserve my money.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've not had a break in for months. It's sad really. I'm not a huge occult player but I do enjoy vampires sometimes. I miss seeing them break in.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member

Source-me. Oh, they'll drop by for friendly visits at night, but there are no more vampire break in/feedings. I've had zero break ins since the change and I play a lot. A LOT. (...)

Here. I don't even get ANY vamps breaking in for nightly feeds ever. And worse, if I play a regular Sim and not a Vampire directly, you would not even know there were Vampires in the game at all. My Sims have had to go basically beat down Vlad's door and yank him off his organ and ask to be turned. It's that bad. (...)

I actually meant the source of EA, because @Arzekial claims EA did something about it. I can hardly imagine that they would have reduced Vampire break ins without telling us…

And no, from what I've seen, they'll do not just drop by for friendly visits at night.

Hm, I remember that even then, when I hadn't played so intensively with Vampires, it was rare for them to break into houses at night. I would even say that this happened as rarely as Sims get kidnapped by Aliens. At least it was like that in my game. And my Sims were only offered once to get transformed.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I have had vampire-break ins but it's pretty rare. You get that first one but then it is just up to chance. Wish that it could occur more often, I have risky vampirism installed just for this.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have plenty of "break ins." Think it is because I purposely ignore that pack. I bought the pack for the more victorian furniture and distressed wall decor. Tried the life state once and found it to be terrible, as it did not fit my gameplay. Unfortunately, for a while, break ins were happening multiple times per week to my regular sims no matter what precautions I took. Now it still happens randomly, but not as frequent. I took to looking all doors.
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I have had vampire-break ins but it's pretty rare. You get that first one but then it is just up to chance. Wish that it could occur more often, I have risky vampirism installed just for this.

I rarely get vampire break-ins now. I also have Risky Vampire settings set as well just for kicks. Vlad drops by once in a blue moon and either goes home without doing anything or he comes in and watches tv or plays guitar or on the computer and leaves.
    Come to think of it, I haven't had many alien abductions lately either. My Sims are too busy drinking copious glasses of water I guess. I want to whack that bug like the plumroach it is. ;)
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I've only had vampire breakins this year in the house where a teen had purchased the vampire lore books and was reading up on them. The family was visited twice by a townie vampire after she moved out. My other families have not been visited that I can recall.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    They nerfed vampires wayyyy back.. I remember when it happened, there will defo be patch notes or something just not recent..

It was after it was released, people complained that vampires had now “ruined their game” (Aliens used to be a lot more prominent too). The usual “broken immersion” spiel, vampires aren’t real etc.. The most obvious solution being don’t buy the “Vampires” pack, I mean the clue is in the title? They even put vampires in their own separate pack for you non occult fans, but whatever.. I guess there weren’t many packs out at the time..? But like the OP says, it sucks the gameplay was compromised for the people who actually bought the pack, for the vampires.