Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Simsalot99Simsalot99 Posts: 100 Member
    I talked to my partner in sim crime, and their experience has been also been that they always get a Cranston Boonitz when they play a magician or a magical sim, only sometimes when a non magical sim not in the career, but never instantly, or consistently instantly as I have been experiencing when I play a fairy. We have both also had the experience that all of the showtime gnomes come up once in a while, regardless of being in the career. I guess I should go play some different sims with different life states with the same traits I have on the fairies. A lot of them have very similar traits. Then, see if he comes up the same or not.
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @Simsalot99 I have never yet played a magician. The singer I played earlier this year got the first one I've ever had. I thought it must be because she was in a ST career, but then later, when I played her daughter in a separate save and a different world, the daughter also got a magician gnome. But she was an actress and her husband was a self-employed writer. I have no idea what they could have had in common that would trigger the glitch. They are the only sims I've had that have ever gotten the gnome.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    Screenshot-54.jpg
    I never noticed that the interior of the cars light up at night.

Also didn't know that if you fix a broken object at another sim's house, you'll earn a little bit of money.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    edited November 2019
    Also didn't know that if you fix a broken object at another sim's house, you'll earn a little bit of money.

@GraceyManor ^I didn't know that either. :open_mouth:

Guess I didn't hear (or notice) the pay sound the one time my sim did it. :p
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill
    Happens on community lots to.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited November 2019

Only if you have the NRaas Career mod.
    edited November 2019
    IreneSwift wrote: »

I don't have the career mod installed.I don't use the add ons for story progression, so then it must be a glitch.

@lisasc360
    Never mind what?
  • SomearylalaSomearylala Posts: 32 Member
    Did you know...

that in Generations, if you place two Mysterious Mr Gnomes (normal ones) they might have a gnome family?
    They don't have to be the base game gnomes. I know that's what the wiki says, but the only base game gnomes I have ever gotten in my games are the ones born on my lot, except for once or twice when my sims sent metals in the mail to be smelted and got a gnome back instead.

I don't have the career mod installed.I don't use the add ons for story progression, so then it must be a glitch.

Do you have some other mod that might have something to do with it? Because I have all the EPs, and the only time my sims ever get money for repairing anything is if I have the NRaas Career mod installed.

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2019
    The NRaas Careers mod is not part of StoryProgression (the SP Career module is an entirely different thing) although they can by option work together. The Careers mod is a loader for custom careers, schools, afterschool clubs, uni majors, and it makes Homeworld Uni possible, among other things. Somewhere in there is a custom self-employed job of Handysim who is supposed to get paid for repairs and upgrades they perform while visiting other households, so that would be their customers, and community lots, in which case the town government is their customer if the lot is otherwise unowned.

I also have never heard of the payments triggering when that custom career is not in play or present in any way. But apparently something there is triggering the payouts anyway in this case.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
    edited December 2019
    @igazor If I have Careers, my sims always get paid for doing repairs outside their own lot, even though I've never had any of them in the handyman job.
    edited December 2019
    I didn't know that if you leave the stove unattended to go do something else, it will buzz to let you know the food in the oven is done.

@igazor
    Yeah I discovered that Nraas Career is completely different than the SP career module last night, when I was looking for homeschooling options.Regardless, I didn't have either installed, and yet got the payouts, its not annoying or pain so I don't mind.XD
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    I didn't know that if you leave the stove unattended to go do something else, it will buzz to let you know the food in the oven is done.

Wait. What?! I didn't know this either! That's so cool! I wonder, is it the same for the food on the stove or is it only in the oven?

Wait. What?! I didn't know this either! That's so cool! I wonder, is it the same for the food on the stove or is it only in the oven?

I'll go back in and take a look.My sim is preparing thanksgiving dinner and I was trying to do multiple dishes at once, and forgot the turkey in the oven until it went BZZ BZZ XD

I'll go back in and take a look.My sim is preparing thanksgiving dinner and I was trying to do multiple dishes at once, and forgot the turkey in the oven until it went BZZ BZZ XD

The one time my sim left food on the stove, it caught the kitchen on fire. There was no buzzer, only the smoke detector going off. The only reason she left it was because she went into labor, and her husband didn't have high enough skill to finish cooking it. So I have never allowed my sims to leave the oven, because I expected the same thing to happen. Now I'll have to try it. I would love to be able to let them go do something else while whatever's in the oven bakes.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    I'm not sure whether this is a bug, but that moodlet boost is insane:
    IUkGVeY.jpg
    If he catches fire, will he still die in an elated mood?
  • ingridmfingridmf Posts: 67 Member
    Turjan wrote: »
    IUkGVeY.jpg

That might be a bug because I got that notification in my current family and I don't remember the boost being that huge :D
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    His boost has been growing for a while now. The step before that was something like 485.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Easily impressed or excitable sims will have greater mood boosts (and the reverse) but I've never seen one that high!
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    The one time my sim left food on the stove, it caught the kitchen on fire. There was no buzzer, only the smoke detector going off.
    That's what I figured. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    ingridmf wrote: »
    Turjan wrote: »
    IUkGVeY.jpg

That might be a bug because I got that notification in my current family and I don't remember the boost being that huge :D

^Bug or not that's the way it should be. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Shadow_AssassinShadow_Assassin Posts: 1,669 Member
    Love letter may get a negative replie and reduce relationship bar
    One time I switch to a family and let a sim wrote love letter to another sim in another family, they're old friend but the relationship no high, then she got to sleep. Next day she received a reply, he said "it's not your fault, it's my"(about this mean) and "ominous" music played, directly being acquaintance
    Unknown cause, they even have Attractive Company mood, the guy's traits are Absent-Minded, Brave, Friendly, Computer Whiz, Brooding. The girl are Genius, Neurotic, Slob, Easily Impressed, Commitment Issues.
    Entrance to the abyss
    sims.fandom.com/wiki/User:ShadeAssassin
    It's a scratch-off ticket
    There's a "_" in my usename. My usename is Shadow_Assassin, not ShadowAssassin or others

Sometimes it's not me who talks to you, it's machine translation

She/Her but you can call me as any pronouns

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top