Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like canes to return for elders?

As the title says...

I wouldn't mind canes to return for my Elder sims. o:)
Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.

Would you like canes to return for elders? 131 votes

Yes
74%
Akl500PGoldmoldaricmnfrshGalacticGalIcewolfIceyJTynkaprilroseAlexaiAnnie2008simlish1Montrase102sam123CorkysPetalsjoelygirlsims2BloosmooasimbsimMeteoraStormtegteg87elanorbreton 97 votes
No
25%
BluegayleLaBlue0314rudolphaTWSimGamer82Colorist40PlayerSinger2010mcruddkeekee53Paigeisin5g01denswanfruitsbasket101WndblwzAnthonydyertroshalomAnnLee87WaytoomanyUIDssillyangel0906EnkiSchmidtloutredorAbraKadabra 34 votes

Comments

• KruegerKrueger Posts: 130 Member
    No
    Not unless this time around the elders didn't walk so slow with them.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yes
    I think it would be a nice touch, even though I don’t play with elders.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    No
    No, I became so annoyed when they in TS3 I stopped using the canes. It turned my loving couples into abusers to their spouses, and that slow walk took them forever to get where they were going. Thanks, but no thanks.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Yes
    It would be a nice option, but just not for all elders. Not all older people irl need them. They already have certain walk styles, so how the cane is used could be tied to their personal walk style. Perhaps even having to buy a cane holder (like the umbri umbrella holder)to choose the type of cane they want would also give variety.
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Yes
    I think yas, but make it optional.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but optional and no silly walk styles, unless the elder already has a chosen walk style. I'm for anything that makes the elder stage more enjoyable.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yes
    Optional only. I know elders that are quite spry and in fine shape, so have no need of such things. I also know YA's that need one due to some sort of injury, so perhaps canes should be a more open option.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Yes
    Only if it were optional otherwise no. I would like a walking frame too which are often used these days instead of canes.
  • ForkySporkyForkySporky Posts: 91 Member
    Yes
    It would be a nice option, but just not for all elders. Not all older people irl need them. They already have certain walk styles, so how the cane is used could be tied to their personal walk style. Perhaps even having to buy a cane holder (like the umbri umbrella holder)to choose the type of cane they want would also give variety.

Oh, I like this! That way they're optional, and maybe they get a buff like "back relief" from it that helps avoid discomfort.

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    No
    Most elders don't walk with canes. My mother in her 80s gets around better than I do. I remember when her father beat us all to the top of a mountain trail when he was that age. Maybe if anyone could use them, but I prefer not to have them as an elder stereotype.
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    Yes
    I would love to see grumpy or prudish old people wacking people with it when they think they being inappropriate
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    No
    All ages uses canes. There are young adults with a bad knee that need to use a cane.
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but only if it's optional
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    No
    I would never use it on my Sim elders. If it would be added, it should be optional and also I would never want to see it randomly used by townies.
  • Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Yes
    Optional for sure! It just adds more variety to our Sims.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Obviously a elder cane walk style would be the best solution with it being disabled for townies who are not elders.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited December 2019
    No
    No. I didn't like them and never used them in Sims 3. My grandparents never used canes. Sure, they didn't have same sping in their steps as when they were younger, but they kept in shape until the end. Canes would just add to a stereotypic perception of elders that I personally resent.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    Yes
    I think the Sims 3 used them in a way that pleased most people. If you want your sim to use one, you buy it for them.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    This sounds very stereotypical to me. It is not very high on my list but if it ever gets added, I hope itwill be optional and young adults and adults can use them as well as a gesture to include lesser mobile person of all ages.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    As long as it doesn't take them hours just to walk into the next room... that was my ONLY issue with the canes in Sims 3! They walk way too slow... and yes, I understand that elderly people with canes generally don't walk fast, but the elder Sims exaggerate their slow speed with canes.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yes
    An optional yes!! I thought it was a nice touch in sims 3.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No
    I suppose if they were optional it would be okay for them to be added but I don't think I would use them on my elders. I rarely see elders in real life with canes, it all sims a bit stereotypical to assume that elders need canes.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Yes
    Sure! Optional as in TS3. I did love to use the often. It was a sweet touch. I love elders so much <3 In the game and IRL.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    Definitely yes. Elders need unique gameplay elements just for them. I'd quite like to see canes added for them.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    No
    I don't really care for canes. Gimme more stuff for my elders to do. I wanna send grandma to the Bingo hall to gamble away her savings. Grandpa needs a mini golf putting green or a something to keep him busy.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*