Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

12346...Next

Comments

• OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    I can't even imagine. D; Sims has helped me through some rough times/years.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Skyoasis22 wrote: »
    > @Simmerville said:
    I think I would have channeled my creativity in ways that could actually have reached an audience and perhaps even earned me some money.

I don't have enough confidence in myself to think that

Everyone has a story to tell or a song to sing or an idea/dream/fantasy to follow through on. Try it and see what happens.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    @Oldeseadogge Same haha! What kind of books are you fascinated by?

Lots. The works of C.S. Lewis - including those on a theme the mere mentioning of which would likellly get me booted off the forums, history, ship design - especially prior to WW2, Victorian architecture (triggered by building for Sims games believe it or not), the Imprial Russian Navy, and occasional 'what's this' things that catch my inquiring mind. Sometimes these combine in other directions: hand made models of ships that I've read about & the history surrounding them, Victorian style houses for sims based on what I've learned, a book soon to be published that's a blend of C.S. Lewis, C.S. Forester, & my nautical reading/experience.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I would be empty and soulless.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    More productive.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I would play my Civilization V more often.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'd have a different favorite game of all time. I probably would have never taken and interest in programming either. Which means I would've gone to college and studied something else, I guess.

Also, I'd have to just steal real pool ladders.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Cupcakes4lifeCupcakes4life Posts: 28 Member
    Oh wow, well I got into the sims during middle school and I'm currently in my sophomore year. I'd probably be studying more or playing more Minecraft and other miscellaneous games. I wouldn't be so active on social media and would be way more anxious because I live vicariously through my amazing sims, I use the sims as a stress reliever, fun, and to calm me down and focus on something else. And a lot of my current online chats and groups I'm on wouldn't exist and I'd probably be very lonely. I'm not that good at meeting friends in real life and I don't meet people with the same common interest as me, the sims. I'd be boring and not be able to tell funny stories about my sim's misfortunes.
  • cocococo Posts: 2,722 Member
    I got my first Sims game back in 2003 but I'm pretty sure I was playing all of the older Maxis games before then. It's weird to imagine it not existing. I guess I would have been a lot more productive during school and university. But on the other hand I love a lot of other open world sandbox games so I probably would have found something else to play. I can't think of any other game that would make as big of an impact as Sims has though.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I play other games, so I'd still be a gamer. I would be without my good and fun experiences with The Sims though.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Well there's certainly a few thousand hours that would have been used more productively.

Ah who am I kidding? I would have just spent them playing a different video game...
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    I use Open Simulator to do musical gigs into virtual worlds populated by real people not Dumb coded sims.
    It is also used for building training systems to raise funds for worthy causes such as MSF or the Hollows Foundation.
    And it's FREE and you can build in real time in real 3D with no silly mask in sight.

Get in touch if that interests you.
  • NaomiSImblrNaomiSImblr Posts: 158 Member
    I would probably have about 20000 hours of my life back considering I’ve played since sims 1 lol oh and I’d be richer!!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I think I would be an award winning published author by now if I used all those hours I spent on the sims to work on my book 🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • FantasytalesrusFantasytalesrus Posts: 17 Member
    It would feel weird, like one thing that you do gone from reality no telling what the time gods would have had to altar to fill the void. In all seriousness, I would have found another game to keep me entertained.
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I'd spend more time on racing games.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'd play Stardew Valley and Two Point Hospital more than I do now.