Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5 (2020)

2...Next

Comments

• catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    Getting drunk would raise the rating to M and be a bad influence on underage players. It's okay for M-rated games like "Conker's Bad Fur Day", but it would be a solid "NO" for a game like Sims. The same goes for hangovers.

Then make it an M. It's too childish as it is.
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    I wish I can make certain romantic preferences for certain Sims.
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    It is too easy to make random sims fall in love with each-other
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    edited December 2019
    I think itll come out in 2021 tbh. They seem to be all about numerology with the TS5 hints so far and 2021 is 5. I'll go a step further and suggest they'll release it in May.
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited December 2019
    catitude5 wrote: »
    Getting drunk would raise the rating to M and be a bad influence on underage players. It's okay for M-rated games like "Conker's Bad Fur Day", but it would be a solid "NO" for a game like Sims. The same goes for hangovers.

They wouldnt do that, they would lose out on an entire market of consumers, and it's a large market with a lot of money to throw around on stuff like games. Many of us who have been playing for a long time got in to it when we were kids/teens too.
    There are mods that give us the same thing without wrecking the game rating, and they work probably better than anything the Sims team would have given us lol Check out the Slice of Life mod or the alcohol component of another mod I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about here. They made my game a lot more fun.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited December 2019
    alan650111 wrote: »
    alan650111 wrote: »
    There are still at least 3 more years of Sims 4. The developers already talked about it.

I see Sims 4 endig in either late 2020 or early 2021. To keep a half-baked game tht has a weak engine going on for 3 more years would mostllikely drive more people AWAY from Sims 4 and to other sames such as Paralivesand it would probably mak Sims 4 start crashing constantly. It's like piling sandbags on top of a weak tree;sooner or later that weak tree is going to break and never be abe to be rpaired. I don't think EA is going to risk money anf customrs by kping Sims 4 going on for 3 more years..I think they're smart enough to end Sims 4 in 2021 and start giving people Sims 5. After all,Maxis didn't keep Sims 1,2,or 3 going on forever and ever.Sims 4 is barely clinging to life support...the best thing EA can do is pull the plug on Sims 4 in 2020 or 2021,and move on to Sims 5.

I love Sims 4 still and would rather get more high-quality packs and new stuff added to a game I've already spent so much money on. Sims 4 will be ending in 2022 at the earliest. The "at least 3 years" thing is from the developers' mouths. You are going to be highly disappointed that Sims 5 won't be here in 2020 or even 2021 because we were already told it wasn't coming just yet.

Sims 4 is a service - it can keep going- the way it works - Sims 1 - 2 - and 3 are not services and had different kind of game engines that does not allow extending.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member

They wouldnt do that, they would lose out on an entire market of consumers, and it's a large market with a lot of money to throw around on stuff like games. Many of us who have been playing for a long time got in to it when we were kids/teens too.
    There are mods that give us the same thing without wrecking the game rating, and they work probably better than anything the Sims team would have given us lol Check out the Slice of Life mod or the alcohol component of another mod I'm not sure if we're allowed to talk about here. They made my game a lot more fun.

I don't think so. Kids/teens these days aren't playing games like the sims. Most people playing the sims are 20 and older. Yes there are some teens still into the sims but most kids these days are playing hardcore games way above teen rating or mobile games if they are younger.
    giphy.gif

I don't think so. Kids/teens these days aren't playing games like the sims. Most people playing the sims are 20 and older. Yes there are some teens still into the sims but most kids these days are playing hardcore games way above teen rating or mobile games if they are younger.

Imma need to see some evidence for that claim. Most teen *boys* maybe.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Sims 5 is not coming next year (2020) They've indicated there will still be Sims 4 content coming, so I think 2020 will still have a to offer for Sims 4. I'm thinking Sims 5 will come second half of 2021 at earliest, and more likely somewhere in 2022 with an announcement in 2021.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Stephanie8509Stephanie8509 Posts: 49 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    doogerie wrote: »
    I think we need sports clubs
    so i would like to see
    Soccer
    football
    ice hocky
    vollyball
    tennis
    mountin bikeing (for all ages apart from toddelers)
    Sailing
    You've listed football twice. Soccer is football.
    Perhaps you should also add cricket, rowing (as in the 4 man(person?) team sport)

I want styles like

Hipster
    Towny
    Goth
    rocker
    Emo
    Hard edge
    rapper
    hippy

Thease styles will open extra cloth depending on your style
    This should go further than just clothing style, it should also be a way to quickly set elements of the personality of a sim, such as their favourite music, art preference, preferred book genre, favourite colour, and least favourite of each of these.

you get to be valed victorian
    What's that?
    stuff like graduation
    I don't want that for school! It's unrealistic! Save it for uni!
    there will be 2 new life states Junioner and Senior
    No. That's too US-centric, and not global enough.

Docter (like the sims 4)
    The medical career should only be accessible after completing the appropriate university course.

Building will be like the sims 3
    What about the ease of plop and drag as it is in ts4?
    as in you can build anywhere
    You couldn't build anywhere in ts3, you were still restricted to building on lots.

I'm sorry, but we're not all located wherever you are, soccer is not football for the rest of the world. Two distinctively different games, two different balls. Since you were picking every single thing apart.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    so i would like to see
    Soccer
    football
    ice hocky
    vollyball
    tennis
    Sailing
    Perhaps you should also add cricket, rowing (as in the 4 man(person?) team sport)

I want styles like

Hipster
    Towny
    Goth
    rocker
    Emo
    Hard edge
    rapper
    hippy

This should go further than just clothing style, it should also be a way to quickly set elements of the personality of a sim, such as their favourite music, art preference, preferred book genre, favourite colour, and least favourite of each of these.

What's that?
    stuff like graduation

Docter (like the sims 4)
    The medical career should only be accessible after completing the appropriate university course.

You couldn't build anywhere in ts3, you were still restricted to building on lots.

I'm sorry, but we're not all located wherever you are, soccer is not football for the rest of the world. Two distinctively different games, two different balls. Since you were picking every single thing apart.

I believe Australia has two types of football, Aussie Rules and the Internationally played type. Sorry if I'm wrong Australia as not sure what you call them there!
    You've missed out Rugby, (my brother called it Rugger)! also known as Rugby football very enjoyable to watch. Even the US entered the World Cup in 2019. Japan, Russia, South Africa, Australia, Tonga, Samoa, Uraguay....... Most of the European countries (if not all)! entered, more popular worldwide than American football.
  • doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    so i would like to see
    Soccer
    football
    ice hocky
    vollyball
    tennis
    Sailing

I want styles like

Hipster
    Towny
    Goth
    rocker
    Emo
    Hard edge
    rapper
    hippy

What's that?
    stuff like graduation

Docter (like the sims 4)

Thanks for sticking up for me I am from the uk what I called it football and soccer is because not everyone here is from the uk and if I use the term soccer everyone knows what that is and football well most of the rest of the world outside of the EU think US football so thanks it’s an American game and so I was thinking it should simulate an American style of life (idealised) was what I was thinking when I wrote the post.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited December 2019

Imma need to see some evidence for that claim. Most teen *boys* maybe.

The four most popular video games among kids are apparently Roblox, Fortnite, Overwatch, and Star Wars Battlefront II.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/top-4-video-games-kids-12583666

I was just curious.

I love The Sims exactly as it is.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: