Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bridgeport Annihilated My MultiTab!

It's me again, the fairy damsel in distress. I've got another problem if you can believe it. So Origin gave me the free basic access thing, and I went crazy looking for Sims 3 content. I got Late Night, as you most definitely assumed from the title; and shipped my girls off to Bridgeport. Though my Sim's collection of bugs, insects and rocks stayed intact, I seem to have lost the MultiTab 6000, something I rely on in many ways. It's not under Hobbies & Skills > Computers, and the one that Selene owned disappeared from her inventory.
What's happening here? Anyone know? Will it show up again if I return to the previous neighborhood? All answers appreciated as usual. :blush:
Be safe.

Comments

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Sheesh, what is the matter with me. I had to read this three times before I realized you weren't trying to play TS3 on an actual tablet as opposed to a full computer. :/

Have you tried uninstalling the store content MultiTab item and reinstalling it? Does any of your other store premium content, if you have any other, show up and work correctly? Premium content is that which adds new elements of gameplay like bakery ovens, basketball hoops, roller coasters, etc., as opposed to things like hairs, clothes, and static furniture.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    Did you switch households at anytime as the game is programmed to delete the MultiTab from inactive sims inventory.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    Did you switch households at anytime as the game is programmed to delete the MultiTab from inactive sims inventory.
    True without a mod to protect it (NRaas PocketProtector), but the item shouldn't be disappearing from the Build/Buy catalogs as well.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • ScottDemonScottDemon Posts: 504 Member
    edited December 2019
    igazor wrote: »
    ScottDemon wrote: »
    True without a mod to protect it (NRaas PocketProtector), but the item shouldn't be disappearing from the Build/Buy catalogs as well.

Ah I missed the part about Build/Buy.

*Edit* @igazor I just moved my own sim to 3 towns and the MultiTab shows up in the catalogs. Wonder if the game folder got corrupted when Late Night was installed. I remember once after installing an EP my game folder got corrupted which is probably why I always move it to my desktop when I install an EP, SP or patch.
    I'm just a little bit crazy LOL
    Okay actually I'm totally and completely nuts LOL :p
  • RiverBlossomRiverBlossom Posts: 255 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    Have you tried uninstalling the store content MultiTab item and reinstalling it?

Not until checking your message. I was hoping it would work; but even though I found the content in my Installed Content, it had the option to install it when I went to my account on thesims3.com. Plus, it asked me to log in even though I was already logged in, and yet I couldn't get past that popup.
    No mods or patches are installed.
    Be safe.
    I know that you do not play with mods, but it is impossible to not play with patches unless you have a retail disc install that isn't Origin managed. Origin patches the game up to 1.69 with no questions asked or choices being offered and most store premium content requires an up to date patch level anyway.

Instead of trying to install the content (again) from your account content list, does it work any better if you try from the item page?
    https://store.thesims3.com/productDetail.html?productId=OFB-SIM3:50554&categoryId=13177&section=UpSell

And maybe try a different web browser?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    I have tried from the item page; same result. And even after I uninstalled it, the page said it was installed. The login popup will still not let me log in, even if I already am. It's very frustrating!
    I'll try a different web browser if you think it will help, but I have found threads where other people experienced missing content. I kind of think EA may have dropped the ball on Bridgeport.
    Be safe.
    Okay, so after all that, I found the MultiTabs right away this session. Keeping in mind of course, that I had clicked Uninstall and the items were removed from my Installed Content tab. I don't know what tf is going on. I'll update if they disappear again; I hope not, because it was very jarring to suddenly have to learn them the old way...with incredible slowness.
    Be safe.
    Yes, for some weird reason the content can appear and disappear whenever it likes.
    Be safe.