Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want more control over?

Comments

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree with a lot of what has been said but I'll add what first comes to mind.

1. Investments for sims - I did like this in TS3. I'd like sims to have different ways to invest their money and to earn income through ownership.
    2. Townies in the game - Sure, I've edited them but I wouldn't mind being able to make more of my own easily. If I were to set their outfits, I'd be fine with that.
    3. I'd really love it if there were ways to make the decorative houses optionally playable. I enjoy looking at the detailed neighboring houses but sometimes I want to play more in a given neighborhood.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited December 2019
    Having control over my Sims at different lots. ie: Sim A is down at the local coffee shop, enjoying a nice espresso and Sim B is back home doing only *plumbob* knows what. I want to be able to micromanage my Sims - every single one of them in a household.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    All my Sims 4 games.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    @ListentoToppDogg Since getting IL I’ve had all of my favorite Sims living in Sulani and have never once seen a mermaid.

@popstarissa That's great for you, but I've heard of other players who say they see them all the time. It seems completely random and I don't want to take that chance.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I'd like to control NPC jobs, and choose which Sims fill a position or own a retail business and etc.
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member

2. Townies as a whole, and no, not just their names and outfits - I'd like the option to switch off the generation of random townies altogether! Given that the game only allows maybe 10 sims on a lot at the same time and I have a played population of almost 200, that's more than enough people for my active sims to encounter when they go out, and among those played sims are also enough that know a bit about cooking, mixing, yoga, etc., so no need to generate nobodies for those jobs either - especially when one of my families owns a business, yet they're nowhere to be found when another family travels there, with random townies working in their places instead.

3. Build Mode. I'm so tired of always having to choose between matching styles or matching colours because most of the time you can't have both. Even various pieces of furniture that come in the same pack often don't match. MOO, as much as I dislike using it, is also a must in many situations with how unnecessarily restricting the game is about what can go where. In spite of how many players claim that TS4's Build Mode is the best we've ever had, I think it needs a major overhaul in terms of user-friendliness.

Those 2 plus:

Neighbourhoods - I'd like to have neighbourhood traits to have each area behave the way I want it to, more on this on this thread and I want to be able to edit them and add or remove lots, turn them around, etc

And out of those 3, if I could only choose 1 it would be the townies issue, I want to have control over this so badly. It is the feature that gets more on my nerves every single time I play the game.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I really want control of the Calendar like turn it on or off when it seems fit.
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    That's great for you, but I've heard of other players who say they see them all the time. It seems completely random and I don't want to take that chance.

R > Simply Find merpeople in the gallery via CAS and put them in houses. Add them to occupied houses if you like, a house can hold 8 people. But it's odd if one sees none. Perhaps you need to up the number of Sims you allow in your game?
  • IlikebuildingIlikebuilding Posts: 41 Member
    Anyhow. I would like to mix and match. Why can there not be vampire merpeople? (Who says merpeople have to be nice? They are the same as Sirens.) Why no magician vampires? They already have magical powers. Why no magician merpeople? Why not a mix of all three types? An alien merperson? a Ghost magician? Granted, mixing in such a way would mean a very busy UI, but the Sims one is quite simple compared to other games. BTW. There seems to be no way to actually change people in to vamps etc, in CAS. Not even using cas.fulledit mode. It would be cool to be able to do that, also.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,172 Member
    1 Being able to turn off certain clothes that i don't like
    2 Control of the camera height as it jumps up and down when moving round your lot
    3 Control who can visit me or talk to me ( i am totally sick of random phone calls from sims i don't know and don't care about phoning to say Oh i see you became friends with BLAH BLAH BLAH . also random townies butting into conversations when i am on a date and finally unwanted townies knocking on my door just after my sims go to bed ( therefore slowing time down until they leave )
  • determigdetermig Posts: 75 Member
    1. townie generation/spawns/control (e.g. disable new and confinement to specific world(s))
    2. situational outfits
    3. disable phone calls
  • WoofyWolfzWoofyWolfz Posts: 10 New Member
    ♡ PHONES ♡
    I would like the option for my sims to not have phones, if they want to talk to someone they could go to the sim's house. Or use a house phone but not have a mobile.

♡ LOTS ♡
    It would be nice to be able to create new lots where there wasn't one before.

♡ MAKEUP ♡
    I'd like to be able to copy it across outfits.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    -The ability to save clothing styles. The gurus set premade outfits we can choose for so why can't we do this ourselves?
    -Copying makeup across outfits
    -The ability to take away a sim's phone for historical/off the grid style play
    -The ability to control or stop NPC spawning
    -Occult toggles
    -The ability to customise season lengths per save, perhaps even shut off some seasons per save
    -Assigned seating for household sims at the dining table and in the living room
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • HerGoldenBonesHerGoldenBones Posts: 2 New Member
    I’d like to be able to block certain age groups on lots. My electronics store has children trying to buy expensive flat screens all the time and it’s not realistic at all. Too many kids come to shop with stacks of cash.

The idoling between animations that lasts an ingame hour and sometimes more, makes the game infuriating. Also When my sim has food in her hand at her retail shop she goes outside to set it down on the garden table and then has to come back inside and sit down and then will move onto ring out a customer which usually is almost angry and leaving by that time.
  • HerGoldenBonesHerGoldenBones Posts: 2 New Member
    I’m not sure how to edit a comment to add my third so whoops but I’d also like to see an overhaul to the phone. Block callers, or stop or even have fewer invites would be so so amazing
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,052 Member
    I would like to have a tad more control over my Butler.

I want to be able to tell him/her to

1. Take a Shower
    2. Take a day off
    3. Go to sleep in his/her assigned bed

Other things

1. I wish I had a bit more control over work uniforms
    2. I wish I could have a tiny bit more control over pets

“All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Euromutt2Euromutt2 Posts: 2 New Member
    My Sims are always quick to change to outerwear (Seasons) when going out but they never change back to their original outfit when they come back indoors. Very annoying. Could we please fix that?
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited December 2019
    I would like more control over university. Specifically, the ability to move a Sim from CAS directly into student housing (because in TS2 I enjoyed starting legacies with the founder at college), as well as to see a Sim's grades in each class (less anxiety---I had a Sim that I thought was doing quite well in one class, only to discover she got a C), set the cafeteria menu (mostly just for fun), and choose roommates (so I can try and weed out the ugliest townies).
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    This is sort of an odd one but I'd like more control over the use of shoes indoors. I know in some places it's like the norm to wear shoes indoors but where I live it's considered super weird. So I'd like control to choose if a person wears shoes indoors or not, like an "indoor" clothing option in a sense.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Bluelle wrote: »
    This is sort of an odd one but I'd like more control over the use of shoes indoors. I know in some places it's like the norm to wear shoes indoors but where I live it's considered super weird. So I'd like control to choose if a person wears shoes indoors or not, like an "indoor" clothing option in a sense.

I have one save where i have indoor/outdoor outfits that I have my Sim change into but I usually forget haha. The shoes indoors bothers me too, and the slippers for pj's which are easily removed but seems like it always defaults to them. I don't wear them and I don't know anyone who wears them actually IN bed haha.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member

I have one save where i have indoor/outdoor outfits that I have my Sim change into but I usually forget haha. The shoes indoors bothers me too, and the slippers for pj's which are easily removed but seems like it always defaults to them. I don't wear them and I don't know anyone who wears them actually IN bed haha.

That's why I usually don't give my Sims slippers. :(
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited December 2019

Yes! I have wanted indoor/outdoor clothes for a long time. The same thing would be good for hats, coats and gloves as well as shoes.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited December 2019
    1. I'd like more control when giving pictures to other sims as gifts. Pics that are the same size will appear stacked so I can't choose the one I want.

2. I want to be able to add more restrictions for clubs without using mods. Male/Female options would be extremely helpful.

3. Color choices. I don't care if EA has to spend a year adding one, I want a color wheel.

4. Festivals. They are always the same, and I can't make my own or use them in creative ways like I could in TS3. For example, I had a daycare and used the festival marker to change the lot according to season. Water toys in the summer, scarecrow in the fall, etc.

5. Apartments. Self-explanatory, though the roommate system in DU allows me to create my own in a way. I'm having a blast playing a duplex where my sim is the landlord and the tenant lives next door.

6. My sims who are at home and not on the current lot. Just one downside of the lack of open world.

7. The worlds themselves. I'm looking at you, Create a World.

8. Whether or not lots I upload to the gallery get shared with everyone, or just me. I often backup lots that others have made but I have changed to my liking. I'd like the option to do that without being accused of #stealing. Hate that hashtag so much.
  • SribindiSribindi Posts: 261 Member
    I would like to be able to let my sims eat their meals on a low coffeetable, sitting on the floor.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,093 Member
    Everyone has already said great things.
    The only thing I can think of to add at the moment is the ability delete alien disguises the way you can dark forms, and a checkbox to opt out of the "discovery" feature. I played an alien once and haven't again, because I never used the disguise and she still got "discovered". It ruined the whole life I'd set up for her.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01