Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you give your Sim children plastic surgery if they don't look pretty enough for you?

Comments

• llamasflullamasflu Posts: 221 Member
    Other, please specify.
    I don't exactly do plastic surgery, but I do add features like freckles/moles/braces and whatnot if I don't like the way they look
    tumblr_nvyznq2a181tiiy96o2_400.gifv
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Other, please specify.
    It really depends on the Sim. Sometimes the game randomly ruins the same key features on sims, so I fix to give more variety.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I only do it if they have features that bother me.
    I don't edit children but I will change body shape and fat as teens if what the game gives them makes no sense. I went through a spat of all the teens in every household getting max body fat and that pear shape despite them never eating anything other than the low calorie foods and coming from 30 generations of none pear shaped fit ancestors.
    Unfortunate features I just try to make the best of.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Specifically the eyebrows.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    Yes, I need all my Sims to be cute.
    Yeah, I do.
    He/Him
  • HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Other, please specify.
    At times I'll age up children in CAS to see if they become strange looking adults. If I edit them as children it drastically changes their features upon aging up. After fixing anything I feel needs fixing I age them back down to children and they'll usually look alright.

Children don't tend to look too bad, but fsr my cute kids age up like abominations. They need some help.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Never, my Sim children are perfect the way they are.
    I like variety in my game, and I find the DNA mixing to be one of the most exciting things in the game. When a new sim is born I'm in awe, constantly searching to learn that sim's personality, and sometimes the looks help... Even if only 1 out of 10 sims turn out quite nice looking, the joy is more than 10 times bigger than if I should adjust them all :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I generally don't for born-in-game sims, so far. For premade children/toddlers I absolutely do if they have weird features.

And I made a genetic daughter for Brent and Brant in CAS and made the mistake of making her as a child without checking her teen outcome... when she aged up she had a very masculine face so I edited that real quick! That's what happens with no female genes in the mix I guess.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Nope, never. Sometimes I don't even bother changing anything, including the clothes they grew up in! Now if something is glitched or the result of a bug or something, I wouldn't hesitate to fix that. Had to change a born in-game toddler's gender once - had 6 kids, all girls, changed the 6th to a boy to get my heir. Sure, could have kept going, but really?! Had enough lol.

When I change things, it's usually superficial stuff; hair/eyebrows, makeup, accessories, clothes, etc.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Other, please specify.
    Not kids. I do occasionally tweak things once they age up to teen though. Angle eyebrows differently, make their eyes or chin slightly bigger, change eye color... little things like that. I try not to change them drastically from how they were born though.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Other, please specify.
    I wasn't really sure what option to pick but I always give them CC skin overlays like all my other sims. Sometimes I edit small things that bother me but I usually wait until they're young adults since their faces can change a lot sometimes.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    edited December 2019
    netney52 wrote: »
    Depends what you mean by plastic surgery. I have changed the eye colour and hair styles and possible minor features such as eye brows at most. However this is only for the sims that have descended from my simself in my main save. Other sims I don’t mind changing as they are background sims.

@netney52
    What I meant by plastic surgery I meant pretty much the same thing than in real life, like changing their face or body.
    I myself only change the hair and clothes. When the kids grow up I may change their eyebrows if they look weird (it depends on the Sim, sometimes weirdness suits on their personality).
    There has been only one time when I fixed a child's facial features. It was a long time ago when my male Sim had a child, a girl, with Zoe Patel. The girl had something wrong with her nose and upper lip, they were almost joined together. I lowered her mouth a bit and I regretted it later. She could have been unique looking Sim.
    Post edited by Kimmer on
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited December 2019
    Other, please specify.
    I do edit their looks, but it's not to make them prettier, it's more to make them the way I need them to for a certain character as most of my Sims are based around characters from stories I've written and I want them to look how I've described them in the story. Sometimes that is "Prettier" but just as often it's not.

(If it's not a game born "character" but just a random child Sim that I hadn't pictured first I usually only edit hair style and clothing)
  • simsgames2324simsgames2324 Posts: 20 Member
    Yes, I need all my Sims to be cute.
    Only if they turn out weird looking.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Other, please specify.
    I only change the head size if my girl had a big head.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    I normally don't change them with plastic surgery. A new haircut and some pretty clothes can make a big difference, no need for surgery. I always wait until they are adults before I even consider plastic surgery and the vast majority of my sims can stay as they are.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I never did, cause I play generations and I love to see how genetics work out :) Ugly also gives a story and can have more meaning for my game than a pretty sim.
  • karieebokarieebo Posts: 24 Member
    I usually do really small, not that noticeable changes (such as slightly lifting the eyelids). I also sometimes change the way they look to make them look more like one of their parents.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other, please specify.
    I can't remember ever changing children.. not because they are pretty or not but because they usually look pretty much the same.. except for skin, hair color ect. I actually like it if their features are different than the norm. I'm sure if they came out in a way that didn't fit my story though I would without hesitation. Like if I needed a red headed child for example.

I sometimes change teenagers because that's when the problems show up for me. I often play male and female caricatures and the genetic mix is often pretty bad. If the father is a slim hipped, jutting jaw, hooked nosed, barrel chested brute and he marries a perky nosed, heart shaped face, voluptuous woman the chance of their teens turning out somewhat symmetrical is pretty close to zero. Sometimes though they are still left as is also, it just depends on what's going on in the game... it's really not about pretty. It's about the story.
    egTcBMc.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I never edit the kiddos when they are born in my game.

I do however take a look in CAS and randomize a few children just to see what their combined genetics look like beforehand. Some sims go on to try for kiddos, some start collecting cats instead.
  • TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    I usually just leave it be when it comes to the kiddos. Sometimes I'll change their hair color, but that's as far as I'll go. I don't edit them after they become adults either unless making them exercise to lose weight counts. I don't just edit them into skinny people in cas. They got to hit the gym if they want that six pack.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    edited December 2019
    If girls have their dads nose or boys have their moms mouth
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I cheat and age them up in CAS to see what they look like when they're older. I'll tweak the child's features until I approve of the end result.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    For children when they age up, the only thing I will change is their hairstyle and clothing if I don't like what the game has generated for them. Now, when they age up to teen, I do the same, plus make-up and eyebrow shape sometimes, and I will change their physical appearance if they have the 'no chin' syndrome which 9/10 times they do. That's the only thing I'll consistently change on my Sims' offspring.

However, I did change a child's hair and eye color once because she aged up without either parents colors. I have no idea why, but it bugged me. It wasn't a throwback situation, for instance, a grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. colorings, in which case I would've been fine with it. I created both her parents.
  • Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Most of the time it’s just the pushed up chin/jaw for me.