Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Script error (to do with facebook) on Sims 3 launcher.

2...Next

Comments

• nycbiglnycbigl Posts: 18 Member
    So glad to see it's not me that is causing the problem. I have been having this same issue for a while now. It use to be that if I rebooted my Windows 10 PC computer several times and make sure all of the caches were cleaned out each time the Launcher crashes then I could eventually play the game. But now it's gotten to the point that my Sims 3 Launcher won't even stop crashing at all every time I upload it. I can't seem to even start the game anymore. It's very baffling. I have never seen my game have THIS kind of problem before with this weird script error Facebook issue notice. Hope EA will fix it soon. :/
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    I am late to the party?!? Oh well. Seems like it's not fully patched yet.

I get the same error whenever I try to install .sims3packs or store content. A bit frustrating considering I just bought Hidden Springs and now I can't even download it. Oh well.

The script error also pops up when I open the launcher, but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't prevent me from launching the game.
    6h978o3aneec.png
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    You will all miss the error when EA fixes it on their end and it's gone. Sort of like when a long-running case of the hiccups suddenly stops. :)

Will we? :D I've had it for several weeks and I don't think it's ever going away. Does EA even do anything about things like this anymore?

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Vails wrote: »
    I am late to the party?!? Oh well. Seems like it's not fully patched yet.

I get the same error whenever I try to install .sims3packs or store content. A bit frustrating considering I just bought Hidden Springs and now I can't even download it. Oh well.

The script error also pops up when I open the launcher, but 9 times out of 10 it doesn't prevent me from launching the game.

The little script error window opens every time I start the Launcher too, but I just click Yes, and the window goes away. It doesn't stop me from downloading or installing anything. I just tried it out with Hidden Springs, and all went well. :)
  • VailsVails Posts: 50 Member
    > @SuzyCue72 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > The little script error window opens every time I start the Launcher too, but I just click Yes, and the window goes away. It doesn't stop me from downloading or installing anything. I just tried it out with Hidden Springs, and all went well. :)

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. If I click yes, nothing happens and I just get an error. If I click the x to get rid of the error when I'm trying to install content, the launcher freezes and I have to clear it in task manager.

I've tried installing Hidden Springs using all the browsers I can, and nothing will work. Cleared cookies and cache as well.
    6h978o3aneec.png
    My Sims 3 Launcher crashes just about almost every single time when I click on the script error notice. I have to reboot my computer and clean all of the caches about 4 to 6 times before I can get the launcher to stop crashing for the night. :/
    I'm crossing my fingers. The last two days the launcher is error notice free.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
    > @PHOEBESMOM601 said:
    > I'm crossing my fingers. The last two days the launcher is error notice free.

I too have had an script error free two nights. BUT now today my game won't even start. It won't go past the black screen when I start it. It won't even go to the EA/Maxis intro opening video. I have rebooted my PC 3 times and cleared all of the caches each time but the game just keeps getting stuck and won't even get past the opening black screen.
    WOW! The Script Error notice stopped popping up when I upload the launcher as of two days ago but now my Sims 3 game won't start anymore whatsoever. I try to start the game but it won't go past the black screen just before the EA Intro video. The buffer wheel just keeps going and going and the screen just stays stuck in black mode. I have to reboot my computer each time I try to start the game in order to get out of the black screen mode. I clean all of the caches before I upload the launcher but the game still won't start. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. Crossing my fingers.
    Good news! Some wonderful person that goes by the username Puzzlezaddict at EA Answer HQ gave me some good advice that worked. Puzzlezaddict said, "There's still no word on the script error, unfortunately. But have you tried launching the game while your computer is completely offline? Sign into Origin, put it in offline mode, then disable wifi and/or unplug the ethernet cable. I don't know whether this will make a difference, but it's worth trying." I went offline on Origins and then turned off the WiFi on my PC and my game at last was finally able to get past the black screen and finally start my Sims 3 game. WOOHOO!!! What a gift! As always, Puzzlesaddict ROCKS!!!
    Puzzlesaddict doesn't work for EA. Puzzlesaddict is "just trying to help fellow players with their games" ...and is very good at it too. <3 ;)
    I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still having problems. When the notice disappeared for me everything went back to normal. It's still gone and my game opens and plays fine.