Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Description of Discover University

2...Next

Comments

• IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    It’a a joke, a play on words :)
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Ugh, now I'm yearning for unicycles in the game!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    They didn't mention Greek Houses. I wonder if that is too taboo in this pc world we are living in. Disappointing if they no longer will include those.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They didn't mention Greek Houses. I wonder if that is too taboo in this pc world we are living in. Disappointing if they no longer will include those.

Greek living is alive and well irl so I don’t understand what you mean,
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimsStarfishSimsStarfish Posts: 147 Member

I think they probably wont be in the pack but they would sell it as if they give us that toga costume, new club activities, new party type then we can make our own Greek houses using the Club system by setting up various requirements/activities. They would market it as they are allowing us to make our own Greek houses how we want them and then they dont have to deal with the non-pc vibes.

It would be a classic Sims 4 cop out.

I think they probably wont be in the pack but they would sell it as if they give us that toga costume, new club activities, new party type then we can make our own Greek houses using the Club system by setting up various requirements/activities. They would market it as they are allowing us to make our own Greek houses how we want them and then they dont have to deal with the non-pc vibes.

It would be a classic Sims 4 cop out.

They also didn't mention in any description joining any fraternities or sorotities like we had those premade ones in 2 and 3 plus the Greek house initiatians. :/
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Many colleges here are dropping them because of too many bad things happen sometimes. It's become a thing here to get rid of them.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Many colleges here are dropping them because of too many bad things happen sometimes. It's become a thing here to get rid of them.

Where is ‘here’?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member

Eh, my understanding is that Greek houses and Cinematic Fraternity Culture are pretty much a US thing (with a few appearances in some Universities in other countries) so it's probably less of a PC thing and more of an "Hey, the US system isn't the only one out there" thing.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    They mentioned off-campus living which could anything from Greek houses, rentals or living at home. We just don't know everything yet, but keg parties give me hope for Greek houses. If we can make our own dorms, then we could make them like a Greek house.
  • RebbilinaRebbilina Posts: 377 Member

It seems to only be a thing in the US, and I'm thinking that they're dropping it since it's not just an american game. To me it seems like the sensible choice, if it's not a part of uni for the majority of the player base, why keep it in just because it's common in the country where the game is produced?
    Rebbilina wrote: »

It seems to only be a thing in the US, and I'm thinking that they're dropping it since it's not just an american game. To me it seems like the sensible choice, if it's not a part of uni for the majority of the player base, why keep it in just because it's common in the country where the game is produced?

A little search can tell you why Greek Houses are not as acceptable as they used to be. And every stereotype reference to G.Houses are basically true. But they also do great community work so it's a hard decision for Ivy League colleges in the US.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member

Where is ‘here’?

I graduated college 3 years ago. My Alma mater had to shut down 6 Greek houses since then for extremely troubling reasons.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I don't think we'll have those problems with our sims.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I wish they made Sorority Houses, objects & clothing. Oh well.