Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will consoles eventually have.....?

iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
Is it possible one day that consoles eventually have same day release dates as PC? Or will it always be a month later after original release? I understand that packs have to be approved by Microsoft and Sony but maybe it will be possible one day that packs can be released a little earlier. Any thoughts?
Origin ID: iamoz96
Enjoy my creations! :)
Post edited by iamoz96 on

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not sure.
    What I will say is there are plenty of games out there that have simultaneous pc and console releases so it’s not impossible generally speaking. I think them blaming Sony and Microsoft for that isn’t entirely fair.
  • TygerNightTygerNight Posts: 72 Member
    I'm not fussed about waiting a bit, what I'd really like is to be able to access and use CC on my PS4.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I doubt it. The fact the DLC always drops with bugs, and we never seem to get real notice of what’s coming anymore (ROM being the exception), tells me they are working pretty much up to deadline. And the “console team” can’t work on converting it until they have a finished game/DLC to convert, so...?
  • AsapasAsapas Posts: 12 New Member
    GALLERY FOR GOD'S SAKE.... Gallery....!!!!!!!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I doubt it. The fact the DLC always drops with bugs, and we never seem to get real notice of what’s coming anymore (ROM being the exception), tells me they are working pretty much up to deadline. And the “console team” can’t work on converting it until they have a finished game/DLC to convert, so...?

Actually that’s not entirely true. Console started getting release dates from Island living trailer onwards.
  • KittencurlsKittencurls Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing on console since fall 2018, and it's definitely improved a lot since then. I remember when I first started playing there was a bug where I'd you were playing in Newcrest sometimes the game would just crash for no apparent reason. We now get release dates when new packs are announced, and get the new features that come out on PC a month or so after their release (for example this pre RoM pack that just released with the customizable stairs came out on PC September 5th). If the console team really does have to wait for the content to be finished before porting like ddd994 said, they are doing a pretty fast turnaround job.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Atleast consoles are getting releases within a month after pc for packs. I remember how it used to be 3 to 7 months after PC. Island Living started a much more tolerable release.
  • AsapasAsapas Posts: 12 New Member
    GALLERY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Monda76Monda76 Posts: 50 Member
    Gallery and some CC would be nice.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited October 2019
    Definitely the gallery, I've just made a park inspired from alice in wonderland & the mad hatter and Cheshire Cat I would like to share lol
    edited October 2019
    This is a picture of bit of the wonderpark hopefully it shows up lol
    Edit : nope it hasn't lol
    I've also created a family of 4 with a cat, inspired from the addams family theres 2 vampires and 2 spellcasters in the family lol I will also upload them when the gallery comes
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    iamoz96 wrote: »
    Is it possible one day that consoles eventually have same day release dates as PC? Or will it always be a month later after original release? I understand that packs have to be approved by Microsoft and Sony but maybe it will be possible one day that packs can be released a little earlier. Any thoughts?

Maybe and maybe not depending on how many teams they have, they appear to focus on PC initially with good reason and then console last.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Asapas wrote: »

At least a gallery that console players can share their households and builds with other console players.
  • lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    I quiet like that there is a bit of a gap between the two as it allows me to decide whether I think the packs are worth it or not before I buy them without the temptation of actually having a product to purchase. I can be a bit of an impulse purchaser so if the option isn’t there then I can spend some time on the forum and watching YouTube content to decide whether it’s something I want to pay full price for.
    I get how it’s frustrating though for others who just want to jump straight in. It’s annoying though that the bugs that PC simmers find in the new packs aren’t addressed though before they are released on console!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    NoirStasis wrote: »
    Asapas wrote: »

At least a gallery that console players can share their households and builds with other console players.

It's going to be crossed platforms meaning you can download from pc or consoles.
  • Specia1simSpecia1sim Posts: 13 New Member
    It's impossible, they'll never make releases simultaneously
    That's what they announced on maxis monthly, it must be possible, perhaps we will catch with the newest update and my first pet either January or February then after that same day releases packs and updates @Specia1sim
  • jkgoodspeedjkgoodspeed Posts: 38 Member
    I guess I'd like moderate modding. Nothing too extreme, but wouldn't mind it limited to CAS items. I see so many incredibly talented folks online with their PC created materials and I'm so envious of not only their talent but the finished work. I liked how the mods for Fallout 4 and Skyrim turned out overall
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I doubt it. Could be wrong.