Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Graduation is........MEH

WOW! I was all ecstatic for my Sim to finally graduate. The big day had come! The game couldn’t give a single plum about it though.

No splashy animation a la finishing a life achievement. No cap tossing. No automatic party. Why isn’t there a quad event/celebration? Even though I was right outside the building, dumbo Sim kept self-cancelling the Attend Ceremony action that I dang near missed the thing. It was a huuuuge letdown!

Comments

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I agree the graduation is very disappointing. I prefer the way sims 2 handles it best. You have 72 hours to finish up, gain more skills and friends and have an actual graduation party.
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    Yeah, its a little meh. And my sim just went back to her dorm after, wasn't she suppose to move out? Did this happened to you too?
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @Corvinow yea she went back to her dorm. I think it’s supposed to be that way - you get a little time to pack it up and then ship out. It’s super anti-climactic though.
  • CorvinowCorvinow Posts: 73 Member
    @Corvinow yea she went back to her dorm. I think it’s supposed to be that way - you get a little time to pack it up and then ship out. It’s super anti-climactic though.

I was afraid to kick her out by myself and lose her diploma, but I guess I'll just find her a place to live. Thank you!
    Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw If you've a ready mind, where those of wit and learning will always find their kind
  • RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member
    They will toss their hats, right after they got out of the gymnasium... It’s fast and easy to miss tho
    edited November 2019
    @RexZheng I definitely missed that! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it next time. Also I’m going to prepare a list of ways I can make graduating more exciting so I’m not so disappointed next time!
  • Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    @RexZheng I definitely missed that! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it next time. Also I’m going to prepare a list of ways I can make graduating more exciting so I’m not so disappointed next time!

Maybe throw an after graduation party at a bar or karaoke spot
    @Phantasi33 oh yea, a karaoke spot would be fun! I threw a party at her parent’s beach house which was pretty fun.

I’ll definitely try a public lot next time as the keg is kind of....not very fun. Had it out at the party and nobody but my Sim was using it. They need to add a “Call to Drink” option on the keg like they have on the Kava Bowl from IL.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yeah, there wasn't much to the graduation. I wish they would have at least added the option to throw an actual graduation party.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Hm, shouldn't there at least be a "throw graduation party" in the event planner? It would still be fun if it took place a few days later after leaving campus, as the graduate could actually arrange that party in any world and would still have the other students in their contacts.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Yea, that would be a cool option @Simmerville! I wish it auto-triggered a special celebration event in the quad similar to the School Spirit Rallies.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited November 2019
    I agree the graduation is very disappointing. I prefer the way sims 2 handles it best. You have 72 hours to finish up, gain more skills and friends and have an actual graduation party.

Oh yes, While Sims 2 University for me was difficult being I had to keep my sims needs up all the while trying to get my Sims to study and everything else and I found graduation really rewarding after all the studying and running around I had to do.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen