Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you are having problems with CAW... I can answer some of them

2...Next

Comments

• JACOBIBOIJACOBIBOI Posts: 1
    edited August 2010
    Girl I love You Soooo Much Thanks How Can I Repay you :D Thanks
  • OhHeyLuckyOhHeyLucky Posts: 1,338 Member
    edited September 2010
    I'm unable to edit in game, it'll just load for a few seconds then close, bringing me back to the CAW tool. I've checked my roads and they are all light blue. How do you go about naming community lots? I've checked the property browser, but don't see anything. :?
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have a question, how do you make your world look like it's surrounded by land instead of water?
  • IthiilIthiil Posts: 1 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thank you so much for this post. :)
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited September 2010
    I have a question, how do you make your world look like it's surrounded by land instead of water?

Hi,

EA uses Distant Terrains. They're objects and have to be carefully place on the Largest Map. The land is set at 300 for China and Sunset Valley, I believe. I've not used them.

Here is some information on placement: http://www.thesims3.com/content/global/downloads/caw/CaW_WalkThrough.pdf

If you don't want to use them then you'll have to-

1. Use the largest map
    2. make some hills/mountains around a partial valley for your town. It doesn't have to be too high- You have to check in Game to see, the camera in EIG is not as restrictive.
    3. Use the Non-Routing Camera (or how ever it's ordered) about 2 chunks from the edge.
    This keeps the players from being able to move the camera too close to get the view of water. *unless you want a beach and then you don't have to use the paint there.
    4. Test in Game and you'll have it in no time. :)
  • DroncleDroncle Posts: 6
    edited May 2011
    Came in handy I keep forgetting where the Exports are tyvm :I
  • XxOMGITSMExXXxOMGITSMExX Posts: 1 New Member
    edited January 2012
    Hey,
    SO everything worked for me, like I installed my world to my game and everything, but when I went to play my game, how to I choose that world instead of Sunset Valley?
    Thanks;)
  • Tombowombo12345Tombowombo12345 Posts: 4
    edited January 2013
    I did everything you told me to, but EVERY TIME i try to export the world it says "Error! Exporting world failed!" WHAT DO I DO!!!???
  • Shelterdog4Shelterdog4 Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Docsprock said:
    > After you edit your description and thumbnail, you have to save it again. THEN export it.
    >
    > To get an easy thumbnail, go to EIG, (Edit-in-Game), and hit C to take a snapshot. It is saved in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/TS3/Snapshots. Microsoft Paint is very easy to edit to the correct size and Save As a .png.
    >
    > EDIT: Another handy tip Ive learned, is to play the game with Riverview, and Edit Town. Then click on any of the community lots and Save to Library. All the rabbitholes are saved this way, and houses/parks too.

Can someone just put a thumbnail on this site to right click copy? I am so tired of trying to make a thumbnail. I keep changing the size and saving but of course its still not the right size and not 24 bit. Paint has no option to change bit size, I Changed pixels to 256 256 did not work. Changed percentage to 256 256 did not work. By the way, I cannot get the pixels ever to be 256... one is always a different number. HELP!!!
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    > @Docsprock said:
    > After you edit your description and thumbnail, you have to save it again. THEN export it.
    >
    > To get an easy thumbnail, go to EIG, (Edit-in-Game), and hit C to take a snapshot. It is saved in MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/TS3/Snapshots. Microsoft Paint is very easy to edit to the correct size and Save As a .png.
    >
    > EDIT: Another handy tip Ive learned, is to play the game with Riverview, and Edit Town. Then click on any of the community lots and Save to Library. All the rabbitholes are saved this way, and houses/parks too.

Can someone just put a thumbnail on this site to right click copy? I am so tired of trying to make a thumbnail. I keep changing the size and saving but of course its still not the right size and not 24 bit. Paint has no option to change bit size, I Changed pixels to 256 256 did not work. Changed percentage to 256 256 did not work. By the way, I cannot get the pixels ever to be 256... one is always a different number. HELP!!!

Hi :)

The basic CAW thumbnail is located: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create a World Tool
    as defaultWorldThumb.png
    There were several in the CAW FAQ but with photobucket changes and tinypic going down. It's easier to learn to make it.
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    https://www.mediafire.com/folder/f21g99bd899nd/
    Here is a basic thumbnail. I just keep it in my sims3 folder with all my other sims junk ;) (Hope it works)
  • Shelterdog4Shelterdog4 Posts: 6 New Member
    Your my hero!