Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to put own roommates in University Housing?

I am scratching my head trying to figure this out.

I enrolled everybody I wanted to live together to Foxbury (which was a hassle in itself), and moved one of them in so I could ask the rest to be roommates. I deleted every random NPC roommate so there would be available spots, but I can't find the proper interaction to move anyone in as roommates.

I've tried finding the interaction to ask for roommates on both phone and computer also.

Is it even possible to have your own roommates in University Housing? Or is it just in residential?

Comments

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    You can only ask for roommates via residential lots.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I think you can move them in and then remove from household but I don’t know if they stay as NPC roommates tho, that’s one question I haven’t gotten answered yet

• @AquaGamer1212 Thank you for clearing that up :smile: Guess I can just change it to residential even though it is one of the penthouse lots? Only difference is that they have bills and not rent, plus they'll even have a stove haha.

I think they'll just go to "not in world" when I remove them, but I'll definitely give it a go!
  • Tested it now, when removing from family the removed sim does not turn into a roommate, but actually completely disappears (does not appear in manage household)! Tried to assign the removed sim to a bed (since roommates are not in manage households either) but they were not an option. Please do not do this guys! Luckily I was just in a test-save so I did not lose anyone important 😊
    edited November 2019
    Tested it now, when removing from family the removed sim does not turn into a roommate, but actually completely disappears (does not appear in manage household)! Tried to assign the removed sim to a bed (since roommates are not in manage households either) but they were not an option. Please do not do this guys! Luckily I was just in a test-save so I did not lose anyone important 😊

Oh no! :(@EmmaVane How did your testing go?

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited November 2019
    If you have GT you can use the club system to choose your roomies. You can use the same method for sororities and fraternities.

Make a club and add the other sims you want as roomies. Set the Affiliation of the dorm to the club name. You can choose a single gender if you want a Greek House too.

Only sims in the club should be able to move in to that lot.

You could set up the club as teens.
  • TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 113 Member
    [quote="EmmaVane;c-17313578"]If you have GT you can use the club system to choose your roomies. You can use the same method for sororities and fraternities.

Make a club and add the other sims you want as roomies. Set the Affiliation of the dorm to the club name. You can choose a single gender if you want a Greek House too.

You could set up the club as teens.[/quote]

Game changer!
  • ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    Wait so, if I send a sim to university, then I for example, send another sim from a different household to the same uni and dorm building. Will the other sim act as npc, or would it just merge them into one household forcing me to control both sims whenever I play the dorm?
    ...Hope that makes sense? I dont even have it yet, just wishful thinking
    VbXPSzu.png
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    In the livestream, they sent two sims to a dorm together. So they were technically roommates, but they were both playable. I am not sure, but I have a feeling that if you do it the other way, let it be autopopulated by the game, that you can't control those roommates. I don't have the game yet though, so I would love confirmation on this.
    Arialisims wrote: »
    Wait so, if I send a sim to university, then I for example, send another sim from a different household to the same uni and dorm building. Will the other sim act as npc, or would it just merge them into one household forcing me to control both sims whenever I play the dorm?

They’d both be playable, you can’t choose your roommates in university housing.

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Hmm... unless you use clubs from Get Together? That seems to be possible.

If that works I am so going to make spellcaster-dorm for a club of spellcasters. They can do duels and potions hidden away in their dorm.

Hmm... unless you use clubs from Get Together? That seems to be possible.

If that works I am so going to make spellcaster-dorm for a club of spellcasters. They can do duels and potions hidden away in their dorm.

Even with clubs I’m pretty sure if you have an active sim there they won’t be npcs

• EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do you think someone will mod it soon so we can have control over who the room mates are
  • EmmaVane wrote: »
    If you have GT you can use the club system to choose your roomies. You can use the same method for sororities and fraternities.

Oooh, yes of course! Thats perfect, thanks :smiley:
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    edited November 2019
    Oooh is this confirmation the uni housing will recognise GT clubs as 'organizations'??
    Post edited by tegteg87 on
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Oooh is this confirmation the uni housing will recognise GTW clubs as 'organizations'??

Yes. It didn't show on Sims Camp videos/screenshot because GT wasn't installed.
  • tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    Oooh is this confirmation the uni housing will recognise GTW clubs as 'organizations'??

Yes. It didn't show on Sims Camp videos/screenshot because GT wasn't installed.

Amazing! Yay!
    Here's the interface with both packs installed:

HcvgqHa.png
  • @EmmaVane this is so kind of you, thank you 😊
  • asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member

I've spent ages rebuilding lots and looking at all of the interfaces and options, and it never once occurred to me to do this! Seems so obvious now :o You, are a sims genius, thank you ;)
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

@EmmaVane So using this method, would it be possible to create a clubhouse for a certain club and kit it out with all the necessary skilling equipment and have club gatherings there?
  • UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    Does anyone know if NPCC mod will let you choose your own roommates?
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    I actually made a thread about this the other day https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/969297/is-there-a-way-to-choose-specific-non-controllable-roommates#latest

Maybe mods could merge yours and mine together?