Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Only active household" question..

If I set aging to only active household, does that mean all played household will age or only the one I'm currently playing?
I wasn't so sure because I don't want other played household to age unless when I set it back to on..

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Currently playing.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Unless you are invited to a birthday party at that household - don't go lol
    I also had a birthday party event set and was playing another household who was BBF and invited to the event. Totally forgot about this event - we went to the party and thankfully someone had already eaten a piece of the cake so there was no age up. It was sad when I went to that household to play as the event was a bust but at least no age up. I want to sent this fellow to uni
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    verlainem wrote: »
    I also had a birthday party event set and was playing another household who was BBF and invited to the event. Totally forgot about this event - we went to the party and thankfully someone had already eaten a piece of the cake so there was no age up. It was sad when I went to that household to play as the event was a bust but at least no age up. I want to sent this fellow to uni

Oh..so they do age when playing another household..if you're playing another household that have relationship with them and both household marked as played?

It seems kinda complicated to me lol, or maybe setting to "only active household" is actually buggy?
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    edited November 2019
    graventhe wrote: »
    verlainem wrote: »

Oh..so they do age when playing another household..if you're playing another household that have relationship with them and both household marked as played?

It seems kinda complicated to me lol, or maybe setting to "only active household" is actually buggy?

I'm not entirely sure about the birthday invitation event, but I can confirm that only active household means, the ageing on is only on the current played household. The days left remained the same for the other played household. However, what I noticed is, the days continue for all, either played or unplayed, but they are not ageing, but only the active household (if you set the active household). I've been keeping a record of my Sims and I noticed their days lived are different (once they reach elder), probably depending on how long they have been the unplayed Sims on that particular saved game.

ETA: If you have elders in the game, you'll noticed that the days indication is different. "Days left" is for those between toddler to adult, while "days lived" for the elders.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Only the one you are playing "right now".
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I wonder the same. But from what I noticed when I tried aging just played/active household, all that are marked AS played (even if not played) will age up normally. In my case, if I wanted to stop households from aging while playing another when I started with that particular one, I'd mark them as unplayed until I would decide if I wanna pick up where I left off.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Only active household = the household you’re currently playing.

Your other played households won’t age, until you play with them or set it to ‘played households’
    Star Wind Flower Sun