Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE one & only Discover University complaining thread!

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I decided to take a look at the numbers in build/buy and CAS for the EP's and GP's since University seems lacking on build/buy. Just based on the numbers both build/buy and the "best CAS ever" are both below average.
    4b62225dcafffad092612b65cba2826ba57f9a79.png

*Edit - Mistake on my part - Spa Day is Above Average in both areas, image fixed
    It would be neat to include the total amount of new assets in the image aswell - as some packs have more Build buy objects but smaller amount in CAS and vice versa.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I'm just really tired of gameplay that forces you to only focus on one sim and ignore the rest. If I want a sim to have the college experience I basically can't play any of the rest of the family since the college sim becomes a new household. That'd be fine if things paused but nope everything will be subject to the lack of story progression that occurs in Sims 4. I won't ever have a sim move out to go to college looks like.
  • FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    I decided to take a look at the numbers in build/buy and CAS for the EP's and GP's since University seems lacking on build/buy. Just based on the numbers both build/buy and the "best CAS ever" are both below average.
    4b62225dcafffad092612b65cba2826ba57f9a79.png

*Edit - Mistake on my part - Spa Day is Above Average in both areas, image fixed

Do this with previous versions of The sims and it will even hurt more..
    You can just see it only gets worse by the years, not better and im tired of people not even feeling this.. well here is a chart for you ;)
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Even with chart, you can see the total amount of assets declining A LOT. The trend seems to be less and less for each pack.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Disappointed the Repo Man returns but only for unpaid student loans. Households without a uni student will have no interaction with the Repo Man.

Right?? I will most likely never see this guy.
    logion wrote: »
    What I really wonder is what is going to happen after a while, will sims that are students stay when they are done or will the game just keep them there?

From what I have seen from videos there are two pre-made households that are living in dorms when you start up the game, will they just be kicked out?

If you have aging on, Sims that are unplayed and enrolled in Uni will go through their studies and come out with a degree (though not high marks). Once they 'graduate', they'll be moved into the Other Households tab.

If you move your Sim into a dorm that already has a household in it, they'll become your active household. You can of course evict them before you move into that dorm & then they'll just be in the households but "Not in World".

At least that's how I understand it.

Is that really how it works? That's awful. So if you want a good degree you either have to turn aging off or only play that one Sim. Ugh.

WHY WOULD THEY NOT THINK OF ROTATIONAL PLAYERS WHEN MAKING THIS PACK? I am so tired of EA. I really wish they would get it together. I am so annoyed by the fact the sims will progress while I am not playing. NOW they want to add progression for something that really DID NOT NEED IT. We should be able to turn it off...I did not ask for progression.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    The pack is actually surprisingly good and I am not the hugest Sims University fan.

Not for rotational players
    How not for rotational players? I do that when I have sims have kids she doesn't have one at the moment.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • AllyEddAllyEdd Posts: 7 New Member
    So as a person who's played the Sims since the very first Sims 1, I'm very disappointed in this EP and the Sims 4 as a whole. They got really lazy with it and considering the technology we have to create better programming and coding, you'd think this game would be a hell of a lot better than what it is. I miss that customization tool that allowed you to change the colors and designs of the furniture and even the clothing. I don't want to keep picking preset colors and not use a color wheel to be creative. Why was this even removed? Not to mention, I'm sick of the rabbit holes. University was my favorite EP out of every single one and boy am I heartbroken about this release. We have no idea about how student loans work and why aren't there more activities? Not everyone is into robots and you chose to focus resources on this????? There's more to University than robots! You're only catering to a certain crowd with this pack, but what about the rest of us??? With the amount of resources you guys have, you should be able to reduce the amount of rabbit holes there are in this game. Why isn't University similar to the get to work EP? We want to actually interact and determine what our Sims will do while they attend lectures or labs. What if I wanted to make my sim text in class instead of paying attention or what if she wanted to goof off with her classmate in the back of the room? What if she wanted to throw spit balls at people? Where are the food trucks for Sims that commute or live off campus? Where's the public transportation? Where are the cars???????? I miss my Sims being able to own their own cars. Why are we forced to use our imagination with this game when we are paying you to do that???? It's 2019 and the only thing you guys can give us is more rabbit holes..... Very lack luster...
    Aine wrote: »
    it's sad and also hilarious that the sims 4 community has gotten to the point of making complaint forums for expansions that have yet to be released. what's even sadder is that the complaints for the most part aren't even unfounded.

Why are you even in this thread? Stay on topic. This is complaining about Discover University not complain about the complainers.
    Read the post you commented on again - he's not complaining about this thread at all, just pointing out that it's sad. ;)

oops. Sorry @July7601Girl I have been getting so frustrated with the complain about the complainers. I can admit when I am wrong :)
    The pack is actually surprisingly good and I am not the hugest Sims University fan.

How not for rotational players? I do that when I have sims have kids she doesn't have one at the moment.

From my understanding, if you swap dorms your other sims in the other dorm will continue to progress and graduate without you. I hope that makes sense.

I am still trying to confirm if this is only if aging is on but still this is the wrong time to add in progression in my opinion especially when there is no progression any where else.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I heard seasons do not work well with this pack...is this true? It's a shame they didn't even think or consider that...they most likely rushed this pack out and didn't even bother.
    I heard seasons do not work well with this pack...is this true? It's a shame they didn't even think or consider that...they most likely rushed this pack out and didn't even bother.
    They work fine but I am only in spring and it rains a lot.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641

From my understanding, if you swap dorms your other sims in the other dorm will continue to progress and graduate without you. I hope that makes sense.

I am still trying to confirm if this is only if aging is on but still this is the wrong time to add in progression in my opinion especially when there is no progression any where else.
    I get that but why would you rotational in the middle of college?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    The roommates who I gave all new outfits to all got generated disgusting outfits. I went into change all the extra outfits to be the same as the one I picked and it still changed them to all the ugly ones. Why??? This ruins the game for me which I know some people don’t understand but it is really important to me. Is there a mod to fix this? I don’t see why they’d make this a thing, they know everyone hates the randomly generated outfits. It’s ruined the experience for me
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member

I heard people are failing classes because of thanksgiving
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Rotation works if you rotate Uni sims by term. So enroll and play sim A through a term, then enroll and play sim B through a term, then move to your next rotation.
  • ksimmiesksimmies Posts: 77 Member
    My poor sim is failing because I don't understand when they have to send in their presentations and papers.

I heard people are failing classes because of thanksgiving
    That isn't seasons I mean its the pack but its the holidays they have issues with and I think your sim can still attend class even if its a holiday. I have sent my sims to work on holidays. Plus you can just cancel holidays so they failed because they played with the holidays on though like I said you can probably still attend classes on holidays because I have done that with sims that worked.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I haven't bought Discovering University, This is the very first EP Im kinda protesting because it doesn't seem to have much going on and they left out alot of features previous versions had. Im just kinda getting over TS4 :(
    I have a question though.. is it really true I can't have more then 1 sim from the same save go to college?!
    So if i have multiple YA's in the 1 save I play, I can't bring them all to uni unless they all live in the same household? I hope this is not the case.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• simlish1121simlish1121 Posts: 1 New Member
    Don't know where to go about this issue...buuuut my sim just enrolled for her second term, and she never got a presentation board. :# It says that a presentation needs to be submitted for one class though?
  • mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    edited November 2019
    I haven't bought Discovering University, This is the very first EP Im kinda protesting because it doesn't seem to have much going on and they left out alot of features previous versions had. Im just kinda getting over TS4 :(
    I have a question though.. is it really true I can't have more then 1 sim from the same save go to college?!
    So if i have multiple YA's in the 1 save I play, I can't bring them all to uni unless they all live in the same household? I hope this is not the case.

I believe that's correct. The sim you send to college becomes their own independent household so you can no longer play the other sims. I'm also really upset about this feature.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    mjallet wrote: »

I believe that's correct. The sim you send to college becomes their own independent household so you can no longer play the other sims. I'm also really upset about this feature.

Your student sim can attend from their current household, they can move to a new home, or they can move to university housing. You can combine university households just like any other. If you have 8 different sims from 8 different households you can make them all one big dorm household if you want to. You can change to other households at any time, so you can play more than one household of students if you want, BUT if they are enrolled the ones you are not playing will continue to progress through university for that current term.

I get that but why would you rotational in the middle of college?

I want all my students to stay at the same college semester.

My plans

Each college student takes one class per week. I am on a rotation of 28 days because of seasons. This means each college student would have to go 3 rotations or 3 sim years for me. After my 28 days, I want to rotate to the next set of students. I hope this makes sense.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    So many of the room-mates keep peeing themselves and being smelly. It's funny, but I've got that bug where sims that shower do so in their clothes. Cleaning outfits with MCCC doesn't always work either, lmao.

My only real complaint so far is that I cannot stand the vendor for the cafeteria because they're the same NPC's that man the vendor stalls. So... they yell a lot. It gets a bit grating as I've popped one in my dorm for convenience's sake.
  • Beccaboo213Beccaboo213 Posts: 1 New Member
    Went to go make a club for a study session and wish there was a trait or something that was for sims "only enrolled in uni" or "my roommates' so i can filter just by those sims.