Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bug Fixes and Updates Are Fab!

I wanted to give the bug fix and updates team a big shout out for updating some things that I didn't even know I wanted and for fixing so many of the little things that had gone peculiar or had broken a bit. Well done and much appreciated. <3

I was reading through the notes spied this one: "Sims are no longer collecting items in their inventories without your permission." I immediately thought of the surprise pile rainbow poo I found once in one of my Sims' inventory. Still laughing about that one. :D

Comments

• verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I wanted to give the bug fix and updates team a big shout out for updating some things that I didn't even know I wanted and for fixing so many of the little things that had gone peculiar or had broken a bit. Well done and much appreciated. <3

I was reading through the notes spied this one: "Sims are no longer collecting items in their inventories without your permission." I immediately thought of the surprise pile rainbow poo I found once in one of my Sims' inventory. Still laughing about that one. :D

hahaha - just use it for fertilizer. I have seen poo in my inventories, didn't think much of it lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • CheiriPixieCheiriPixie Posts: 80 Member
    I'm still extremely dissatisfied... I mean yes its progress but how can they have forgot about the Magic CAS eyes.. LIKE HOW IS THAT NOT FIXED!?
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I'm still extremely dissatisfied... I mean yes its progress but how can they have forgot about the Magic CAS eyes.. LIKE HOW IS THAT NOT FIXED!?

I'm sorry to hear the current bug fixes didn't bring you satisfaction.
    The things they fixed were mostly issues that have been going on for a while, which was why it was particularly welcome. Give them a chance, ROM is still really new, they'll fix it.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Are the freelancer careers still knackered?
  • Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It's just, this comprehensive is how all their patches ought to always be. Imagine the game we'd have then :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Sorry, I don't know first hand as I'm not currently playing any of the freelancing careers. Has anyone else checked this out yet?
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm happy with all the bug fixes. They seem to have missed the one with sims eating spoiled food though.
  • popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Total fab!
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member

I didn't know they were in the first place?
    I've been playing the Freenlance Programmer with two different sims with no problems? Both before and after the patch c034.gif
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited November 2019
    I haven't played yet, did they fix my Sims wearing their coats in the house and the napping when they should be sleeping?
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited November 2019
    Catzilla wrote: »

Yeah, but I dragged a bunch of flowers in my sim's inventory and after traveling they all disappeared. What's up with that, EA? Now I'm afraid to put anything in my inventory. :/

I do have a few mods, so I'll have to test this further but I'm not happy.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I'm happy with all the bug fixes. They seem to have missed the one with sims eating spoiled food though.

@Sharonia This was fixed in my game before the patch. Glutton sims will eat spoiled food though. The bug that is currently annoying me is sims not completely finishing their meals in restaurants.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I am extremely happy with the update. That new UI slider is fabulous! I can actually see my Sims' portraits again. And the big plus in all of this is the fact I was able to delete twenty mods! And I'm still sifting through my mods folder hoping I'll find a few more I no longer need. I have had no LEs generated by MCCC during testing, so I am beyond thrilled. I'm a bit upset over the CC tubs and showers that will need a batch fix before I use them again, but even that is sooo much better than the unholy mess I had on my hands after the Island Living update. 63 mods were borked because of that update, and my game was nearly unplayable for over six weeks. I spent more time looking for temporary fixes than I did playing for a while. But to have an update of this size cause so few issues and actually fix so many bugs is incredible. This has helped to rebuild my trust in the teams. I have been very vocal about my unhappiness with the number of bugs in the game, but maybe everything will be better moving forward now. I can't wait to see what everyone says about DU. If it performs well, has fewer bugs than we have seen in the past few packs, I might rethink my plan to wait for it to go on sale before buying it. Thank you, teams. You did a great job on this new update.
    MissyHissy wrote: »

I didn't know they were in the first place?
    I've been playing the Freenlance Programmer with two different sims with no problems? Both before and after the patch c034.gif

I've only ever played freelance writer. It worked for a short while then it broke. I tried again just the other day and still broke.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I'm happy about the plant splicing chances being improved, and that random items won't be deleted from the inventory when you do a sample in the conservationist career. (My Sim lost her birth certificate that way.) And the book fix. I had a whole pile of toddler books in front of the bookshelf the other night.

They did fix the two biggest gameplay bugs with RoM - the potion values (which I personally didn't care about, but I can see it would be a big issue for people who like retail play) and the bloodline trait issue (which hadn't happened yet in my game - my spellcasters only had 'weak bloodlines'). I'm disappointed the eyes weren't fixed, but that's more of an aesthetic thing.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited November 2019
    I've only ever played freelance writer. It worked for a short while then it broke. I tried again just the other day and still broke.

Oh that's annoying. What's broken about it?
    Post edited by MissyHissy on
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Really happy with this patch. Keep them coming :)
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Finally my alchemist can build her potion shop as well as sell them during a Flea Market! Having a potion shop was like 25% of the reason why I needed RoM
  • Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    Is anyone having problems with holidays disappearing since the patch.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

@Sharonia This was fixed in my game before the patch. Glutton sims will eat spoiled food though. The bug that is currently annoying me is sims not completely finishing their meals in restaurants.

That's good to know. I've been using LittleMsSam's fix all this time.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    Simmers in the help forum complain about toddler needs decaying much faster than before the patch.
    I've patched up earlier today and suddenly my toddlers are not getting the Top Notch Toddler trait, sims cannot write books and they are still drinking the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 water!
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It's deffo an improvement but when you realize it's the last ever patch for the Legacy Edition, it doesn't seem enough.
    They are forever saddled with leftover bugs, and even got a few new ones for the road (like no quick meal for children).
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I'm having seious problems with the toddlers, since the patch. Their needs plummet so quickly it is near immpossible to keep them happy, I will rephrase that, it is impossible to keep their needs up, Social, Energy, and happiness are the worst. I have a family with three triplet toddlers. two teens and their parents. I've been playing this family three times today. and by about day 3 or 4 of them being toddlers, it becomes impossible.
    I love the better definition. and the slightly changed layout. everything is better to see and I can now read the notifications. But please sort the toddlers out, otherwise I'll have no teens to send to college.
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    I haven't played yet, did they fix my Sims wearing their coats in the house and the napping when they should be sleeping?

when I send mine to bed, they still nap even when very tired. and I haven't tried the winter yet to know about the coats.