Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened in your sims 3 game today?

Comments

• GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I decided to start working on a Christmas story myself.And am currently creating my characters.
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited November 2019
    @bekkasan Thank you. Well, the plant sims get more needy the older they are, and my track record of keeping some kinds of occults alive when they are active isn't that good (I had Gobias Koffi as vampire die twice, once from sun exposure and once from thirst). Also, the Stout family is a family of witches. The first who got cured was Rowan, who was immediately made a witch (both via elixirs). I sent Flora and Violet to the hospital, as they live in a different household. I'll see what I do with them, because I reconsidered and probably won't spend the time to actually level up their spellcasting. Anyway, it's as it is at the moment.
    You managed to make that big lot look very homely. Let's see what the secret of that basement will be. That was a good talk with a teenager, too. Good if they get some self-confidence for the right reasons.

@Silverofdreams30 Thank you. Yeah, I enjoy it mostly. I hope to be through with all those toddlers soon.
    Heh, Twinbrook. Parker Prudence is the town casanova in my Twinbrook game. Nice little house. Pamela and Stephen make for a great pair.

@emorrill Great teaser. Winter looks half as drab if you still have flowers. Here it looks mostly just grey. I just had a badger at the patio when I was standing there. Funny it didn't notice me until quite a while in. That's at least something, even if it's still mostly grey :smile: .
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @GraceyManor I hope you can work out the weirdness with the autumn salad and pancake plates. I can't think of why it would only be limited to those two recipes :frowning:
    @DoodlyDoofus Your username is fun to type out :lol: Seems like Tori didn't mind eating at the diner, sweet of her to bring flowers too. I like that you matched his everyday hair with his career outfit. It's so frustrating when sims sit seperately. Tori looks so sad! I laughed at the heckling pictures. It's like he's laughing that she has to do work. She has the workaholic trait so it's probably a compliment lol. Jocasta is looking awesome! Aw the proposal pictures were great and I'm glad that Ed is doing well at work. That oven looks totally rusted. Knowing Jared, he was probably aiming for Ed :lol:
    @Emily4331 Sable's grrr pic is so cute. The lyrics are really poetic and beautiful! I have never heard of Fabio Lione before but maybe I'll look his songs up later :smile:
    @karritz Congrats to Gator. It's pretty amazing to complete a sim's LTW when they're only a child. I'm sorry you're having Error 12 issues. I get them still and I think I need to start looking at getting rid of some cc.
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for that link. Simon and Tammy are so cute together and it was really interesting reading further insight into Anna's character. Good job :smiley:
    @Turjan Things really turned around for Flora. She got Prom Queen and a boyfriend. I'm sure Violet might be feeling a bit miffed though.
    @bekkasan The blood red sky looks so ominous. Spooky! :smile:
    @Silverofdreams30 Pamela looks so cute writing her love letter. Can't wait to see what their kids look like :smile:
    @emorrill Just under 3 weeks to go! :star:
    Your winter picture is gorgeous! I love the roses and the pebbles as a border. So I'm guessing your girl knows how to play piano. Now I'm getting flashbacks to Sam and Emma lol. I also put the snow replacement mod in my game and I've noticed the difference on the windows. I'm still in Autumn but I'm looking forward to seeing the texture of the snow :smiley:
    @Sleepstar Nice update. I hope Janus gets to catch that 10kg fish.
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @coco Fabio is specifically the former frontman/lead singer of the metal band Rhapsody of Fire. They are nerd metal. Think something like Dragonforce. :tongue: They're one of my favorite groups.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @emorrill Great teaser. Winter looks half as drab if you still have flowers. Here it looks mostly just grey. I just had a badger at the patio when I was standing there. Funny it didn't notice me until quite a while in. That's at least something, even if it's still mostly grey :smile: .
    @Turjan ^Why thank you. :)

Well here in Utah sometimes there's this big freeze overnight and the next day you can see all the frozen flowers still on the bushes. :p

21762344_10156082411528676_5114022751525367618_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkAv6lK_TgFFPYYEJPPxAT8OZsHdwxwgv8DjqQktO-9V8tO1klKRaEj57Ko1N5jvjQ&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=7003c7f35a070ed1330646c165fa6ec8&oe=5E47D89F

@GraceyManor Have fun setting up your Christmas story. :) I've been having a blast with mine! I look forward to reading it.
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    @Emily4331 I remember one of DragonForce's songs from Guitar Hero. My fingers are hurting just thinking about it :grimace:
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill
    Aww, thanks! Looking forward to yours.
    You're such a good writer!

P.S. I got this tag.XD
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,181 Member
    While eating dinner one night, Ed and Tori realized something. They aren't THAT poor anymore, they need something....something important.
    I7WB4Bu.jpg
    TV....TV good.
    rKCMj4c.jpg
    Now the two can finally catch up on Game of Thrones.....no one tell them the last season was garbage yet. Let them experience it.
    0cLcH2v.jpg
    They lost all interest during episode 3.
    fE6IC5c.jpg
    Might as well give up on the rest of the season from there. You're better off this way, kiddos.
    5mwaIpD.jpg
    Might've just made sweet passionate love, but Tori's gotta get back to work.
    3tFVakL.jpg
    Ed was just trying to pump his guns when he got heckled by Claire Ursine over here.
    QaQvxL5.jpg
    Ed: "I mean, not much to heckle considering at this very moment I have just maxed my athletic skill."
    w1jcX5Z.jpg
    Claire: "Oh hey, congrats on maxing your skill."
    Ed: "Thanks partner, I am quite proud of my new muscle mass and endurance I have built over this time."
    8US3ZdO.jpg
    Claire: "Sweet, now pucker up!"
    Ed: "No, I'm faithful!"
    2A5d9OH.jpg
    a2cDP6w.jpg
    Tori: "So how was the gym?"
    Ed: "I've....had better workout sessions that's for sure."
    bNa7Kwp.jpg
    Later that day the couple went shopping, and I've literally never used this lot so....might as well send them here.
    L8rFq2j.jpg
    Tori: "Wow Cornelia, how the mighty have fallen eh?"
    Cornelia: "Well I mean gotta do what I can since Gunther and I just randomly divorced."
    Tori: "Yikes, I'll just buy this bottle of wine please."
    pw34GV3.jpg
    That's when Ed just came up and dip kissed her.
    Jy2Z98o.jpg
    Tori: "What was that about?"
    Ed: "I am not cheating on you."
    Tori: "Oh that's sweet."
    Z4qg9Z9.jpg
    Then they went to the beach. Eventful.
    P3HBAgV.jpg
    Oh and then the two actually dressed nicely while going to the fancy restaurant.
    nG47hYo.jpg
    Ed: "I'm Loyal."
    4KSnGSR.jpg
    That next day, Ed and Tori got promoted again. This time, Tori getting elected to....City Council.....K.
    vv6smTv.jpg
    But at least Ed loves a woman in uniform.
    qwL5423.jpg
    Tori: "Hey 'sup, you wanna give me mone-I mean donate to my campaign fund?"
    Agnes: "Sure, don't see anything wrong with that."
    9ElBFf3.jpg
    Tori: "Ah, sweet sweet money.....for my campaign, correct."
    Z4EFYAK.jpg
    Tori: "Hey would you guys like to donate to my campaign fund?!"
    Erin: "Geez, where did you come from?!"
    Tori: "Blame my parents."
    nNT3gLf.jpg
    Ah yes, what sweet dreams these two have. Tori is dreaming of when she's finally elected President and Ed is dreaming of Nuclear War, so wholesome.
    TyjMDTi.jpg
    Ed: "You know honestly, I'm kinda glad you showed up. Now I can finally tell you that I don't appreciate what you did at the gym. Whatever you think is between us isn't there."
    Claire: "Alright, I see what you mean. How about you come over to my place and we'll discuss this there."
    Ed: "That sounds perfect! Hopefully we can put this behind us and just be frie-"
    ZRi5op9.jpg
    Ed: "Wow, she has a way of talking people into her bed. No wonder how she got that Frio guy."
    tuBkD86.jpg
    Meanwhile in a more professional setting, Tori gets a nice big campaign donation from Nancy Landgraab. Great woman, she probably just wants to make sure she's friends with the future President.
    dRZZt7F.jpg
    Also, apparently Nancy can be weird too.
    J49yIDO.jpg
    Tori: "So how was your day?"
    Ed: "I did not spend my day cheating on you if that's what you're insinuating."
    Tori: "Neato!"
    cXn41ti.jpg
    And then Tori joined Ed on the couch taking part in the 'Not cheating on you' Activity Ed seems so fond of.
    5eEr25J.jpg

To be continued...
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @DoodlyDoofus , that picture of the dirty oven makes me want to go and clean my own oven immediately! :smiley: I love the proposal at the beach at night! Jocasta Bachelor has such a funny expression in that gym picture.
    If I was Tori I would definitely be suspicious of all the "I'm not cheating on you!" protestations!

@Emily4331 , I love the "my eyes are up here!" picture! :smiley: Translating lyrics is an awesome way to fight boredom!

@Karritz , Gator completed his lifetime wish while still a child? That's really impressive. Congratulations, Gator!

@Turjan , I love the prom scenario your game came up with. It's a very good teen romantic comedy!

@bekkasan , the red sky is breathtaking!

@emorrill , the frost looks wonderful!

@king_of_simcity7 , I followed the link to your blog too. I'm glad Simon and Tammy's first time was good for both of them!
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    @emorrill

The snow looks gorgeous on those windows.

@coco

Thank you, hopefully, you will see that sooner or later
    hehe.

@Turjan

Haha, Parker Prudence indeed look a bit like
    a casanova all grown up.

@DoodlyDoofus

Nice update

@GraceyManor

Good luck with your Christmas story, I cant write
    so none from me hehe.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill Raw footage wouldn't be filming but just writing lol

@coco and @PalmArrow Thanks for the feedback :smile:

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    I'm trying to find some nice autumn/winter clothing, preferably not from thesimsresource as I don't feel like dealing with the ads and refuse to pay them.Any suggestions?
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,716 Member
    edited November 2019
    @emorrill Heh, yes. I was in Salt Lake once, and it was a nice warm and sunny day down there, and for snow, you just had to drive a few miles up the Wasatch Range right out of town.

@DoodlyDoofus I love that humor :smiley:

@PalmArrow Thank you. Let's see how long it lasts, given they will be teens for another 100 days or so.

@Silverofdreams30 Yes, Parker is something like the one-eyed king of Twinbrook.

@meerkattime Thank you. I guess you are right. Joseph VanWatson considerate? Of course not, he's absent-minded. I doubt he noticed when he left Flora standing on the sidewalk, let alone that his new girlfriend wasn't the one he arrived with at the prom.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks, I do love messing with the lighting mods once I got the courage to add them to my games. :smiley:
    She has a cute house in Twinbrook!
    She looks so happy writing her letter to him.

@emorrill ::Marks Dec 2nd on my calender!::
    Pretty screenshot! Go get busy! :wink:

@Sleepstar Glad you had some time to play. Moonlight Falls is my favorite town.

@GraceyManor That is nice, two Christmas stories to look forward too. :smiley:

@turjan oh dear! Poor Gobias. Lifetime reward helps with that sunshine worry! You would think he would have drank plasma juice if he didn't go off biting sims! The plant sim and aliens I had never got past teen when that puter croaked on me so not sure how they get needy as they age past that. I have them all saved in a porter file and hope someday to resurrect them when I can add all my stuff back into puter so as not to mess them up.
    Thanks for the comments on the lot. Big lots can be a challenge and I'm saving space for kid stuff. :lol:

@coco yes, it is a very spooky sky and would work well in a horror story, but, I don't think I am up to that particular challenge.

@DoodlyDoofus Gosh, what is it about that Clair that makes a former faithful guy hop into bed with her! I don't see it. :open_mouth:
    I sure hope Tori is suspicious, does some investigation and busts his...err chops. :lol:

@PalmArrow Thank you!

@meerkattime Thanks! It is actually over Dragon Valley. It is the Midnight Hollow lighting mod though and that is why it has the red sky. I've got a few other of her (Brntwaffles) lighting mods that don't have the red sky but I'm not sure if they have the longer day. I should go back to her site and check.

@GraceyManor Seasons had some nice clothing in it. I know there are several outfits I miss from not having that EP in. I don't trust many other sites for clothing though. So many poorly made ones that are photo shopped pictures to get you to download them. I won't waste my time on them anymore. At least TSR pics are not photo shopped and the clothes are well made. I don't pay them either. I'm sure someone will recommend something for you though.
  • Silverofdreams30Silverofdreams30 Posts: 7,200 Member
    edited November 2019
    @meerkattime

Thank you.

@bekkasan

Thank you.

Todays update

[img][/img]TNEsA6Y.jpg

I moved them to a bigger home.

[img][/img]YliweU7.jpg

[img][/img]vVCukUh.jpg

They took a romantic photo outside

[img][/img]2mJgjFZ.jpg

[img][/img]j944Nqn.jpg

[img][/img]htf9j9X.jpg

And woohoo of course.

[img][/img]hwNACSz.jpg

The house felt like home after that.

[img][/img]5nCyIpS.jpg

Pamela works as a painter, though this painting she kept herself.

[img][/img]rgdrEj5.jpg

[img][/img]msDUNWD.jpg

Too cute.

All for now

• SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    @bekkasan @coco Thank you. I like playing in Moonlight Falls too (even though I play in it on occasion; I still got most of the EP Worlds and Riverview I haven't played in yet, but I am hoping to play in every world I currently own before I start my future Legacy.)
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    @Silverofdreams30 , Pamela's painting of flying pigs and apples is very cute!
    @bekkasan
    I like the clothing with seasons.But when every single sim wears the same thing it gets rather boring.XD
    Seasons only had a select few items.

75543770_419932768930981_6667092765966336000_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQmUqLh46DGOy-sWhbszzE8P9Zmv_mcFnq4F81AufrFZ1MJ58LQ0-MwgLRR9vThRVpDWL4upDnoSa0vTV1qeEN4f&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=392413cd48a4b97c2345aa7eac916fff&oe=5E3F1CDF
    Sneaky peak for everyone of one of my sims for my Thanksgiving/Christmas story.
    edited November 2019
    @GraceyManor There are actually quite a number of long sleeve blouses, shirts, sweaters, jackets and some coats in my CAS and I don't have seasons nor pets in. I have to be careful not to use the heavier coats and sweaters since I don't have seasons in and most of my sims are in tropical worlds or I just don't want them in coats or heavy sweaters. I do have some of the sets from the store that have cute outfits. Do you have any of the store clothing sets? I definitely have a lot of choices that they are not wearing the same thing...except with my pregger girls...blah. Still not enough pregger clothing that I like.

I would not call that a fall outfit. She will get goose bumps in the chill air. :lol:
    edited November 2019
    @bekkasan
    I don't have any fall outfits in my game.
    I don't really use store items, aside from build mode.Cause I'm not willing to pay 40.00 for simpoints. :D
    She's not finished yet, I'm still working on her appearance.
    @GraceyManor well that is interesting. Some of the things came with other EP's. I thought you had all EP's in your game. I can understand if you just don't like them, but patterns do change the look of some from blah to fantastic.
    edited November 2019
    bekkasan wrote: »
    @GraceyManor well that is interesting. Some of the things came with other EP's. I thought you had all EP's in your game. I can understand if you just don't like them, but patterns do change the look of some from blah to fantastic.

90% of my sims are all custom content<--- pokes avatar.She's all custom content aside from Dragon Valley dress. XD I can't create somewhat okay sims without them.I don't have katy perry sweet treats.
    That's the only game I don't have, and I don't own midnight hollow.I own a lot of store items, just choose not to install them all.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    Hey everyone. :) Just had a good workout at the gym - which my body SO needs right now! - and I've still got plenty of morning left to rock and roll in doing all that I plan to do today. :blush:

First some reply comments to your comments. :mrgreen:

@coco These 3 weeks are gonna go by FAST! :flushed: I feel in such a rush to get all the pictures done, but I need to make sure they are just right too. ;)
    Actually, the leading lady does not play the piano, but after that comment you made (regarding Sam and Emma) I wish she does! :lol:<3
    Yay! We'll discover the new snow mod together! :) It's still Autumn in my story too. ;) (Though you'd be expecting winter. You'll see. :blush: )

@GraceyManor
    Aww, thanks! Looking forward to yours.
    You're such a good writer!
    ^Aww, thanks sweetie. :kissing_heart:
    Glad you got the tag. 👍
    Try Lana CC finds for cold weather clothing. :)
    What bekkasan said here...
    There are actually quite a number of long sleeve blouses, shirts, sweaters, jackets and some coats in my CAS and I don't have seasons nor pets in.
    ...is true. I've used a couple of them for some scenes. :)
    patterns do change the look of some from blah to fantastic.
    ^Oh my goodness this is SO true too! I found some lovely Fall/Christmas patterns to add to EA clothes. I try to limit my CC.
    Anyhoo, happy hunting! :)

@DoodlyDoofus Been enjoying your posts and they crack me up sometimes. :lol:
    I must say Ed is looking mighty fine in this picture. :love:
    w1jcX5Z.jpg
    You may not know this like everyone else, but I'm always a sucker for guys that are shirtless. :p
    Ed: "Wow, she has a way of talking people into her bed. No wonder how she got that Frio guy."
    ^ :joy:

@PalmArrow Thanks lady. :)

@Silverofdreams30 Thanks chica. :) Are you going to try out the snow mod in your game?
    Goodness those two really rocked the bed didn't they? :smiley::smirk::lol:
    LOVE this picture! <3
    msDUNWD.jpg

@meerkattime
    The 2th of December is less than three weeks away :hushed: . Waiting, waiting :p .
    ^Hee hee. :blush:
    Yes, it is. And I feel in such a rush to get these pictures done! :flushed: But...I need them to look perfect too. ;)

@king_of_simcity7
    Raw footage wouldn't be filming but just writing lol
    ^ :joy: Good to know!

@Turjan
    Heh, yes. I was in Salt Lake once, and it was a nice warm and sunny day down there, and for snow, you just had to drive a few miles up the Wasatch Range right out of town.
    ^This is true. ;) One of the reasons I don't like to make the 3 hour drive over to the big city in the winter if I don't have to. Mountains + snow + driving = NO!
    :lol:
    I am impressed that you remembered the Wasatch front. :blush:

@bekkasan
    ::Marks Dec 2nd on my calender!::
    ^Hee hee. :mrgreen: Yay!
    Oh I'm getting busy on pics today. :star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @GraceyManor Bummer that @CravenLestat is MIA he could find you some base game stuff and make it awesome with his patterns. Some of the EA patterns are horrible, don't have a clue what they were thinking, but quite a few look good with color changes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top