March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about UI scaling..

For those who updated, is UI scaling optional? I read its create problems for people with small displays and edge smoothing on, I haven't updated yet and the patch descriptions only mentioned you had to reset it (everytime? I'm not sure) but it didnt mention if it can be turned off?

Is it optional?

Comments

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @graventhe You set it once and it stays on that setting until you change it. If it's causing issues, it's possibly because it's outside of the "safe" zone for a display (you'll see the white and red zones when you do into it.
    The reset is for if you put it into a state where you can't access the buttons to change it.
    If you have no need for it, you can never touch it and it's not going to do anything but keep the settings as they are.
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    You can just leave it on the default. The UI Scaling has always been an option, it's just been hidden away in the options.ini file and has now gotten a GUI in the options.

You should not realize it's there if you just leave it alone.

The reset is mainly there if you set it to something crazy and can't get back into the game properly.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    Any news when UI Scaling is coming to consoles?