Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wonder what's coming Tuesday?

124...Next

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Wait so when is the Legacy Edition coming exactly (about f* time)????
    Also, it's not swimmable waters but I'm glad this water madness here will be over again (for now):
    Idle Sims will no longer drink water excessively.
    They will now hydrate appropriately
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Wait so when is the Legacy Edition coming exactly (about f* time)????
    Also, it's not swimmable waters but I'm glad this water madness here will be over again (for now):
    Idle Sims will no longer drink water excessively.
    They will now hydrate appropriately
    Today, simgurunick tweeted info on that
  • mischiefluvermischiefluver Posts: 738 Member
    It was the announcement of a community based pack again. I liked knitting, something for the elders

Did they say what the options were going to be? I am excited to get another go at a community pack!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited November 2019
    It was the announcement of a community based pack again. I liked knitting, something for the elders

Did they say what the options were going to be? I am excited to get another go at a community pack!

Yeah they did, there’s 4 I think. Arts & crafts, veganism/healthy eating, a science one, and ghost hunting? Seances and such
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Hope arts and crafts does well, the others seems eh, community has been asking for hobbies and this is how they’re going to decide? Voting against other things instead of just doing it? Lyndsay Pearson said if “your favorite doesn’t win know you’ve got us thinking about it” sure 😒
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member
    Happy Haunts!!! I'm SO hoping this wins, I want it so bad I can't even...
    #Team Occult
  • sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    Happy haunts and arts & crafts sound amazing, but please jesus I hope healthy living doesn't win. We already have tea and a vegetarian trait, and we don't need any more drinks.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2019
    I loved the fall clothing for kids and toddlers; I plan to use the little boy's coat for both genders, though, (which luckily I can). Even though we knew about the stretchable columns already I think that it is an excellent and underrated feature (no doubt because the new EP has dominated all the attention): with them, we can now build better museums, colonial houses, and town halls. Best of all is the new stuff pack to be created by community voting. My absolute favourite theme is the Arts and Crafts one because it seems to have something for everyone: pottery and glassblowing for artistic-minded sims, knitting for elders and crafty types and edible food art for kids.

I am confused about one thing though, or maybe I just missed it: they listed five themes each with 5 gameplay options. Does that mean that, once a theme is picked, we will get all of those gameplay options? Or will we only get one? Will we have to choose between pottery and knitting for example? (If so, what a disappointment!) I hope not; I already wish we could have nearly all the options listed, including the ouija board and smoothie maker; if we have to narrow it down even further, that will be impossible.
    I loved the fall clothing for kids and toddlers; I plan to use the little boy's coat for both genders, though, (which luckily I can). Even though we knew about the stretchable columns already I think that it is an excellent and underrated feature (no doubt because the new EP has dominated all the attention): with them, we can now build better museums, colonial houses, and town halls. Best of all is the new stuff pack to be created by community voting. My absolute favourite theme is the Arts and Crafts one because it seems to have something for everyone: pottery and glassblowing for artistic-minded sims, knitting for elders and crafty types and edible food art for kids.

I am confused about one thing though, or maybe I just missed it: they listed five themes each with 5 gameplay options. Does that mean that, once a theme is picked, we will get all of those gameplay options? Or will we only get one? Will we have to choose between pottery and knitting for example? (If so, what a disappointment!) I hope not; I already wish we could have nearly all the options listed, including the ouija board and smoothie maker; if we have to narrow it down even further, that will be impossible.

Lol, I knit/crochet all the time and I'm only 27. 😣
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Totally stoked about all the bug fixes! It's about darn time. I can clean out my mods folder a bit now. Thrilled with the survey and voting on the next stuff pack,too. The height slider for the columns and the handful of CAS stuff for the toddlers and kids are okay, but nothing to be too excited about. The new clothing items are super cute, though. I wish there had been a bit more added in the hair department for toddlers. All in all I will say this is a good update for players with a lot of glitches and bugs in their games. After checking out the notes rather quikly, I counted at least twelve bugs this update will fix in my game. Twelve less mods in my game is a very good thing. And the UI scaling option? What a relief to have a way to easily adjust the UI without needing to squint to read parts of it.

The new stuff pack themes all sound great to me. It's going to be a tough choice to make. I'd like to have hobbies back but they all seemd to be geared more for the female Sims. I was hoping there would be a few options for the kids and teens. The science one sounds more interesting to me with the tabletop microscope and smaller telescope. Especially when I recently went on a rant about how large the originals are right now. And SimGuruDana said something about Lego-like blocks? Kids and teens would have a lot more things to do in a science pack. Plus, it would give them a start in the scientist career. I was very leery about the content in this update a week ago. I was afraid there was going to more CAS and B/B content than bug fixes. I'm happy I was wrong. Sometimes it's good to be wrong when it works in your favor. :)
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    sillehbee wrote: »

Heh, I started when I was in primary school, knit all through college, then picked it up again a few years ago, when my kid was learning in school.
    Knitting is old ages :D
    edited November 2019

Sorry, I didn't mean that only elders can knit -- that is why I said crafty types too. I don't personally knit, but my mother has knitted my whole life starting from when she was a very young woman, and made us all kinds of knitted toys, clothes, outwear, and later, after I got married and had a baby, beautiful baby clothes, swaddling blankets and bonnets (as well as even more knitted toys). Believe me, I have a healthy respect for knitters.

In the Arts and Crafts themed pack, I think the edible food art would be for kids to do. Maybe it would involve cookies that could be cut into shapes, animals, little people, and decorated in various ways. Or maybe it could include making and decorating gingerbread houses (and then eating them). Imagine if that was a family/ group activity: I would get the pack just for that, seriously. However, I concede I also love the idea of table top microscopes, portable telescopes, stem activity kits, and lego blocks. These would also be great for kids and families. It's almost cruel to offer us those long-desired things in a stuff pack. Really, I would like to have all of it, everything that they suggested (except maybe the Fun-Tech theme; I am not too interested in that) including the Vegan trait, smoothie maker, Ouija board, haunted house lot trait and ghost hunting. If only they would permit our second and third choices to show up in later packs too.
    LiELF wrote: »

Aw man maybe I should rewatch that livestream xD Been working out, then Planet Zooing (#addict). So there will be another community pack then? The excitement! So far I think I'd go with Happy Haunts too <3
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Aw man maybe I should rewatch that livestream xD Been working out, then Planet Zooing (#addict). So there will be another community pack then? The excitement! So far I think I'd go with Happy Haunts too <3

Yes we get to vote again but this time from our games.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

me too
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie

Is there a certain day when it's supposed to appear? I don't see it in my game.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Is there a certain day when it's supposed to appear? I don't see it in my game.

Monday
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,439 Member

Well, it's good to hear you've been busy, at least. I've been ill for almost a week, so I'm going to need some good exercise soon myself. :D

But I'm really happy they decided to do another Community Pack! I think it's also a really good way to get more ideas from the community for future content. I'm hoping they reopen that forum section again for discussions too. :)
    #Team Occult

Well, it's good to hear you've been busy, at least. I've been ill for almost a week, so I'm going to need some good exercise soon myself. :D

But I'm really happy they decided to do another Community Pack! I think it's also a really good way to get more ideas from the community for future content. I'm hoping they reopen that forum section again for discussions too. :)

Ohh no being sick is plum :( what did you have? Well I hope you get better soon and, more importantly, in time for DU :D

And yaay for community packs, so happy they're doing that again!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    Maybe he was learning to ride a bike seeing Sims obviously did not get bikes until now - and he rode badly - hit a rock or something. I think he was shocked by the whole experience.

My neighbors son said a pretty girl went passed him probably and he lost control. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Stuff-packs doesn't really do several items with cool gameplay. My guess is that after picking the themes you would have to rate each item and then see what you end up with. If I went with this theme I would personally like to see glassblowing but who knows what they would go with in the end. No way are we getting all these items with cool gameplay in one little stuffpack.

Stuff-packs doesn't really do several items with cool gameplay. My guess is that after picking the themes you would have to rate each item and then see what you end up with. If I went with this theme I would personally like to see glassblowing but who knows what they would go with in the end. No way are we getting all these items with cool gameplay in one little stuffpack.

Yes, I read the blog description since I posted that question, and I think I understand how it works now. They want us to rank our preferred theme, and then within that theme, to pick our favourite type of gameplay. They didn't rule out doing more than one per pack, though, which makes sense if you think about the stuff packs we've already received. Kids room stuff had the Voidcritter game and the Puppet Theatre; Romantic garden had the playable fountain and the Wishing Well; Perfect Patio had the juice drinks tray, bird feeder and wind chimes.

So I think we could get 2 or 3 of the most popular gameplay items, but obviously not all five. For instance, if Arts and Crafts is the chosen theme, the gameplay could involve Pottery and Knitting, or (if we are lucky) Pottery, Knitting and Edible food art -- or whatever combination wins (Knitting and Cross-stitch, or Pottery and Glassblowing, or whatever).

I like most of the options for both the themes and the gameplay possibilities so much I will probably be okay with any number of final options, but I do worry that some people might get bitter if their chosen theme or gameplay isn't the one that is developed. At least this method has the advantage of maximizing buy-in from players, though. Hopefully most players will get their 2nd or 3rd choices if not their first.