Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 shortcut

After I updated, my shortcut wouldn't work. I had to delete it.
Where/how do I get a new shortcut?

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. Are you using Windows 10 on a 64 bit PC? If so, here's how you find and make a shortcut for the game.

Open Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin

Inside the Bin folder, way down at the bottom you'll see a file named TS4_x64.exe Right click on that and choose the option 'Create shortcut.' The shortcut you just created will be in that same folder just below the original .exe file. Drag that to your desktop and voila! :)

Now, if you are using anything other than a Windows 10 64 bit PC, such as a Mac or a 32 bit system, I haven't a clue how to help you other than to suggest doing a search on Google. Good luck, I hope this was helpful!
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I had the exact same thing happen to me. Are you using Windows 10 on a 64 bit PC? If so, here's how you find and make a shortcut for the game.

Open Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin

Inside the Bin folder, way down at the bottom you'll see a file named TS4_x64.exe Right click on that and choose the option 'Create shortcut.' The shortcut you just created will be in that same folder just below the original .exe file. Drag that to your desktop and voila! :)

Now, if you are using anything other than a Windows 10 64 bit PC, such as a Mac or a 32 bit system, I haven't a clue how to help you other than to suggest doing a search on Google. Good luck, I hope this was helpful!

Thanks so much! I have now got my shortcut back!
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yay! \o/ You're welcome! Happy Simming! :)
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »

Ah thank you - that helped me too!
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I just edited the desktop shortcut to point to the new executable. EA will probably get many complaints over this since not everyone knows how to correct it.