Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fellow rotational players, what are your rotation habits?

2...Next

Comments

• FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    I don't have any rules in my rotational gameplay. I rotate when I feel like it, have an idea for a family or character, or want to try a new pack.
    The only thing I manage is aging (or at least I try to): I started with one household and when I rotate back to this household, I enable aging for all unplayed sims. So most of the time only the currently played household is aging.
    Also, I have a list with all the sims born in my game (descendants of played sims). I note the current age (toddler, child, etc), so that I now which household I should play to catch up. But if I'm not in the mood, I mark them as unplayed and let them age on their own.
    Sometimes I even switch of aging entirely. Mostly, when a new Pack is released and I want to take my time exploring everything new.

I have approximately 15-20 households in my rotation. Usually, I change households in the morning, between 6 am and 8 am. In Sims 2 I also switched households in the morning, because after every patch or pack, the needs of my sims were all green. If you left the household in the evening and reloaded it after patching, the energy bar of the sims was green and you could not send them to bed... :neutral: That was really annoying. So I'm somehow still stuck in that habit. :wink:

A few weeks ago, I was almost messing up everything. I wanted two Sims (childhood besties) to fall in love, but then I realised that the boys cousin was the girls mothers cousin at the same time. o.O
    Well... Maybe I will still mess it up. Maybe it is true love after all.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    - How often do you rotate?
    I have no set time with each household. I'll play a house until I've achieved what I wanted, or I get bored, whatever comes first.

- Between how many households?
    It varies wildly. In one save (my first) I play one house, in other saves I have 5-20 played families.

- Is it on a particular day? If so, which day?
    No set time, again. I can play a house for a sim-week, or a sim-year or two, it all depends.
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't have any set times to rotate between my households. Who I play, is all based on my mood....the timeline based on until I feel finished with that portion of the story I'm telling. I have around 10 households I rotate between. They're all related....stemming from my vampire legacy family. ...the Gautier's.

I try not to stay too long in one household so I can keep the timeline on my Sims children simple, but sometimes, I'll play a family too long. It's so cool to read everyone's rotational play style as it's totally giving me some ideas to implement in my own game. Great thread, OP!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    I have 20 games with 2 families in each that I rotate between. No set day to switch but I usually play at least 2 - 5 days because when you first move into their lot it's a bit disorganized on day 1. I do play the games in order.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    I'm currently playing two households, switching between them every sim Sunday with aging on for played household only. The children are growing up (10 in total!). There are some I want to continue playing when they're old enough to move out and others I'm happy with being unplayed but still able to hang out with their families.

I'm thinking of playing with aging off for all then turning on for all periodically so the siblings age at the same rate. Most are very close in age. Any advice on how often I should turn aging on and for how long?