Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Wonder what's coming Tuesday?

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    tegteg87 wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja has pretty much confirmed that this isn't coming with the pack so what could this be?

I reckon it's definitely swimming in all worlds - the guy in the pic looks like it's a glitched swimming animation?

I agree. Take the angle of the arms, the turn of the head, the weird face expression (I imagine we all have weird looking swimming faces lol) and for me the biggest thing, the angle of the leg is also kicking up. It looks exactly like swimming, but without water.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,353 Member
    They did say it's something we asked for, so I'm guessing either swimming in all worlds, traits overhaul or injuries/disabilities. I can't really guess what the picture's about though.

OR this is a sim who fell while riding a horse.

Oooh, injuries didn't cross my mind but DU does have the arm bandages so that'd be interesting.

Wait, arm bandages? Where? Are you meaning the exo-arm attachments that help with robotics?

The English Simmer had her sim join the Soccer team and while playing he was injured - he had an arm bandage and a moodlet for two days. The arm bandage has been shown in some of the CAS overviews
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    @SimGuruNinja has pretty much confirmed that this isn't coming with the pack so what could this be?

I reckon it's definitely swimming in all worlds - the guy in the pic looks like it's a glitched swimming animation?

I agree. Take the angle of the arms, the turn of the head, the weird face expression (I imagine we all have weird looking swimming faces lol) and for me the biggest thing, the angle of the leg is also kicking up. It looks exactly like swimming, but without water.
    The “R U serious? You all seeing this” makes it seem it’s not, and something happened to him
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    They did say it's something we asked for, so I'm guessing either swimming in all worlds, traits overhaul or injuries/disabilities. I can't really guess what the picture's about though.

Oooh, injuries didn't cross my mind but DU does have the arm bandages so that'd be interesting.

Wait, arm bandages? Where? Are you meaning the exo-arm attachments that help with robotics?

As @catloverplayer said, you can see them in some of the CAS videos. Deligracy's and Vixella's, I think.
    Apparently during gameplay your Sim can return from a soccer match or practice being injured, so you can put a bandage on their arm, or maybe the game will do it, I'm not sure about that bit.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't watch most major Game Changers so I was not privy to this arm bandage addition. In any case, the last 'surprise' could be almost anything really that has been asked for from the whole 5 year span of the game.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

That are actual casts that you can get with DU if you hurt yourself playing in a sports game. I can't remember which video I was watching where they were showing them in CAS.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    edited November 2019

There are 2 after school activities in university, those being soccer and E-sports. If your sim plays soccer, they can get injured during a match, and they will come out of the stadium with an injured moodlet and will be wearing arm bandages for 2 days. I really loved that feature. English Simmer showed it in one of her videos.
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

There are 2 after school activities in university, those being soccer and E-sports. If your sim plays soccer, they can get injured during a match, and they will come out of the stadium with an injured moodlet and will be wearing arm bandages for 2 days. I really loved that feature. English Simmer showed it in one of her videos.

I'm actually watching that video right now!

Anyways, I've got it: What if the prosthetic arms are in the base game?!
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    It could very well be swimmable oceans in the other worlds as you mentioned. I also totally forgot about the Legacy Edition.. but I don't know what that 64 bit could even mean for future packs.. probably nothing.. but would be nice if it meant that they could add new tools/features that they couldn't with the 32 bit. Either way, these two things wouldn't be something I'd be necessarily excited for. It's nice to have. :) But I'm hoping one day the patch will finally fix the traits and emotions/or add new emotions... I want scared/terrified.. and a coward trait.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

I'm actually watching that video right now!

Anyways, I've got it: What if the prosthetic arms are in the base game?!

I don't think that's possible, since the prosthetic arm is made using the robotics skill and table, which comes in DU.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,446 Member

Ah! Nice catch. Yeah, I'm going back to this theory. Since we're getting swimming in University too, it makes sense.

Although I'm going to have to say, I hope it was thought through with Seasons because my Sims who have a swimming pool will jump into it in the winter and freeze themselves if I'm not paying attention. I had to block it off with a fence. I really hope we're not going to start seeing freezing and dying Sims all over the beaches in Brindleton Bay and Windenburg.
    #Team Occult
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I really wish it would be more musical instruments, especially saxophone and drums, but realistically I doubt it will be this. It would be awesome though!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    The latest official Tweet said that part of the update are new toddler and children holiday CAS items! I know many will be pleased with that. I personally don't focus much on fashion for those age ranges for some reason but I will never complain about anything that is free!
    I really wish it would be more musical instruments, especially saxophone and drums, but realistically I doubt it will be this. It would be awesome though!

I was just thinking the other day about how awesome it'd be if we got a saxophone!
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member

The Sims official twitter account just confirmed that the new CAS content is for kids and toddlers :smiley:
    he/him
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    FlpAmaral wrote: »

The Sims official twitter account just confirmed that the new CAS content is for kids and toddlers :smiley:

Oh my gosh!!! I am now hyped! Our poor babies, they're finally getting some content!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Which gurus are hosting the live stream today?
  • caliposscaliposs Posts: 320 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

SimGuruNinja and SimGuruDana
    he/him
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »

Dana and Ninja.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Thank you! @FlpAmaral I didn't see their names mentioned in the announcement. Too tired to go look right now. I'm parked and waiting for the live stream to start. Long sleepless night.
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    All I can see extra in the patch notes is "Main Menu Messaging" and the Hip Hop station being made base game. Not sure which of those, if either, is the one other thing that SimGuruFrost mentioned.
  • MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Oh hang on...that sim looks generally glitched. Could it be the enormous bug fix list that just went up that he was alluding to?
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I like how they planned a stream to announce the Legacy Edition but we already know.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I like how they planned a stream to announce the Legacy Edition but we already know.

I like how they didn’t even talk about it (bless I missed it 😬😂)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It was the announcement of a community based pack again. I liked knitting, something for the elders