The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Body Hair ~ Yes or No?

Comments

• justlexijustlexi Posts: 57 Member
    Hmmm, I guess we all have different preferences, hair makes the character more realistic.
  • BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
    1/10
    No, I don't really see how they could incorporate body hair in TS4 with it's graphics. It'll either look silly, or look just terrible. Never was a big fan of body hair in TS3 anyways, so yeah.
    Proud simmer
  • SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    10/10

I feel like this should come with 1970s/1980s stuff, lol. Disco inferno, hairy men and werewolves. Those all kind of go together. I could kind of see Judith Ward racking up more ex-husbands with that pack.

I didn't know how much I needed this till you said it, lol <3;)

2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    10/10
    Obviously. I don’t understand why we don’t have it in the base game.

—T
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,403 Member
    10/10
    Sad that they wasted their resources on even more tattoos instead on body hair.
  • MirichaMiricha Posts: 470 Member
    6/10
    Personally I'm not too bothered about it. But I would use it on some of my Sims if it were available, and I know a lot of people really want it.
    수리수리마수리 수수리 사바
    my new simblr
    lWAXrDZ.png
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2019
    5/10
    Don't like it personally, but it's good for diversity I guess, and also for those who want that feature. As long as it's not a pack theme, like 'Get Waxed' I'm midly positive on that feature...
  • Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
    10/10
    Yes please. I am tired of baby smooth adults. I want to make Magnum PI
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    10/10
    Laughing because the discussions about this reminded me of my high school music theory and composition teacher, who used the phrase "Big Hairy Men" as a mnenomic for something or other.. I can remember the phrase (and the way he said it!) but not whatever it was supposed to be a mnemonic for. I was so astonished to find out he wasn't actually out. But thanks to him and his mnemonics, I can still quote the seven modes in order. Hehehe
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    10/10
    This is something that should've been in the base game since the start - and should be patched into the base game at some point.
    If they make a werewolf pack, then that should add a bit more wild (denser) body hair.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited November 2019
    I know that lots of people would like body hair to be added to The Sims 4. I was wondering just how many people that really is- is it a minority or majority? Would you prefer it to come with werewolves? The options are giving in an out of 10 format. 1 being a NO NO NO and 10 being a YES YES YES I NEED! Roughly, anyways.

A simple "yes", "no" or "don't care" would of been nice :).

I very much dislike the barbie doll setting in this game and i fully agree that body hair needs to come into this game, but it needs to look good. Have none, light, medium and heavy body hair would be nice in skin details and adds personality to the sims and can tell alot about a sims thoughts in regards to looking good or letting it all go and going natural, either by design or lack of interest to cut the hair off or down. Add expanded options into tattoos by placing those same options there as well, but for that specific arm or leg.

There is also hair for the nether regions as well as armpits, i can't see much being done for the former but the latter is much more possible. Women can grow the same amount of armpit hair as much as any man and some women are empowered by it, so both genders shouldn't be excluded either because our values have changed from what was acceptable over a hundred years ago to today.

Of course even if we get body hair, due to the barbie dolls in games lacking any anatomically correct features, it is possible there will be this zone around the areas where it should have hair but doesn't, it might look ugly. it might be something to keep in mind going forward.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    1/10
    I find body hair a complete turn off. Human or not, I just find body hair gross. That's just my opinion though.
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'd take it, but only if they add it for all body types. I want some of my female sims to grow out their armpit hair, or not bother shaving all the time. Same thing with my dudes.
  • simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    10/10
    Love the body hair, it's all yes for moi as well as a vote! I also have mods that I use and those are awesome, though it always feels good when EA creates content that is in-game and doesn't require actual mods! It would be nice to see that in CAS!
  • feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    10/10
    yes oh yes please. cant stand a plain man's chest, love a hairy man's chest.
  • tweedletweedle Posts: 89 Member
    10/10
    This would be great! The body hair cc I have takes up tattoo slots and it can be really inconvenient.
    Ding-dong! Your baby is gone!

-Social Worker, probably
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    7/10
    I want it, but am kind of afraid of what townies would look like... I gotta admit I don't want to see hairy women, or over hairy men to be honest.
    I kind of hope townie sims would be mostly hairless by default unless they were a werewolf (if it came in a patch with that supernatural).
    egTcBMc.png
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    10/10
    Most definitely! I really want more realism in the CAS body features and I think we don't get many of them outside of CC and Mods.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    10/10
    Scobre wrote: »
    Totally would love it to come in general werewolf or not and yes I am using a CC for it for now too. LumiaLoverSims just makes the best CC for guys. I still would like werewolves too.:
    0671002d3715aad511108ab0d1b6ff3d.png

They look amazing! May I ask where did you find the CC body hair? I really need to put these options in my game as well!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    5/10
    I don't see why they wouldn't include it and let players decide when they are making their sims. Makes sense to me to at least give options.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    8/10
    little bit of arm hair for female is okay too
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    10/10
    I don't want warewolves, but I have CC body hair. I don't want all my men to look like they were waxed.
  • L33tP33tNWL33tP33tNW Posts: 398 Member
    I don't necessarily want body hair, but ME WANT werewolves.
    ID: L33tP33tNW
    she/her
    AKA Doggers123

pJYI4la.png
  • Huiiie_07Huiiie_07 Posts: 1,200 Member
    2/10
    I couldn't care less about body hair, tbh, but I wouldn't mind it being patched in for those who want it.
    Origin ID: Huiiie_07

I like to build stuff
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    8/10
    Yes please. Body hair for my sims, both guys and girls.

I want werewolves too.