Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thinking about townies

I don't think townies are ugly. I think they just need a little fashion help! It can be a lot of fun having your style influencer or freelance photographer give them new looks! Yay, makeovers! :)

Comments

• NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Recently, I've come about 180 degrees regarding townies. I used to resent them and delete them several times during play. But now, they don't bother me at all. I've gotten used to many of them and recognize them. I have an Aphrodisiac in my game =D In fact, I'm starting to build up a dislike for premades. It has occured to me that premades are getting bigger and bigger heads, literally. Their features when passed down are usually ugly in my game, while bland townies produce more normal-looking offspring.

I think it's an okay passtime to just go into household management and dress them properly and/or make smaller adjustments.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've been enjoying leaving the townies in but changing their clothes. It's nice to have a few sims pottering about that I haven't made, especialy while my town is still small <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    It has occured to me that premades are getting bigger and bigger heads, literally. Their features when passed down are usually ugly in my game, while bland townies produce more normal-looking offspring.

i've noted a lot of female pre-made sims in have small chests with big hips and larger thighs or they have no chest and look a bit malnurished. Take Sofia Bjergsen or Zoe Patel as examples of this, and you'll note that a lot of female sims have this in common. a side effect of having a smaller malnourished looking body is a larger head than you'd expect for a smaller frame. So i'd end up having to adjust them a little.

The game generates a body shape for your offspring and often you'll find male sims with stick thin legs, no hips to speak of with an oversized torso, or something of the like. that is all because of the above. so you'll simply have to go into each household and do adjustments if you want any sims being born of townies to look normal without. it is one thing i dislike about TS4 is the pre-mades could of been made better than they are.

As far as clothing is concerned? i'm not particuarly fussed by it really on pre-mades, but with random townies? It's a big problem for sure! :D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I don't really mind their outfits. I prefer variety in my game, it would be a tad boring if all of them dressed according to my personal taste (which would not necessarily be any better, that said :) ).

What bothers me more is that 99% of the NPCs have very typically cultural names, probably the name pool got too heavy on the exotic with CL.

I also find it a tad boring that those names are still reused when game is spawning new NPCs. If I made one townie playable, I don't want the same family name to be reproduced over and over again. Okay, that sim probably have some relatives, but it seems like it will never stop. I play both Gupta and Meshram, and they keep popping up as new townies. I wish a name that is "taken" would slow down a little - I'd rather like to see more new (and less exotic) names ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    I don't really mind their outfits. I prefer variety in my game, it would be a tad boring if all of them dressed according to my personal taste (which would not necessarily be any better, that said :) ).

What bothers me more is that 99% of the NPCs have very typically cultural names, probably the name pool got too heavy on the exotic with CL.

I also find it a tad boring that those names are still reused when game is spawning new NPCs. If I made one townie playable, I don't want the same family name to be reproduced over and over again. Okay, that sim probably have some relatives, but it seems like it will never stop. I play both Gupta and Meshram, and they keep popping up as new townies. I wish a name that is "taken" would slow down a little - I'd rather like to see more new (and less exotic) names ;)

in addition to this i'd like to see there are no more than one male in a new household with that surname, so we don't see three brothers marry a female townie each and have more children and before you know it half the town are Gupta's or Meshram's. i frequently see things like that and have to delete the extra townie to keep it fair.
  • Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    the only townie I want makeover are not we in a town like Bella or summer, but the unknown ones townies love to fix them, haha and celeb to he bit fix to the modern world. they not too ugly.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr