Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Britechester World Discussion

12346...Next

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Does anyone know if the new lot types (noted on the map above as 'commons') will be placeable elsewhere? or do you suppose they're like the bluffs - cannot be selected as a lot type on other lots?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the new lot types (noted on the map above as 'commons') will be placeable elsewhere? or do you suppose they're like the bluffs - cannot be selected as a lot type on other lots?

When they were scrolling through the lot types in the Foxbury dorms, both the FI and UoB Commons appeared as separate lot types, so presumably they are not fixed.
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey folks I've just merged another thread in here that was discussing the same thing to keep everything together :smile: carry on
  • CapitolSimmerCapitolSimmer Posts: 18 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > I think this world needs a combo skating rink/bowling alley for the students.

Yessss !! Who needs three townhomes when we can make a bowling alley. Or maybe renovating the pub with a downstairs area ...
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Other than college facillities the lots are quite small, and not an empty one in sight. Not a good sign. Still, thank you for providing the map to exmine.

Actually, 2 uni housing lots from each campus start out empty as well as one townhome in the town centre.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    I actually think the world looks really pretty. I wish it had come with a few additional lots of a few different sizes but still, I really like the way the world looks.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited November 2019
    Other than college facillities the lots are quite small, and not an empty one in sight. Not a good sign. Still, thank you for providing the map to exmine.

Actually, 2 uni housing lots from each campus start out empty as well as one townhome in the town centre.

I do wish that there was at least one more lot -- perhaps a community lot -- in the midst of that shell row housing just to give Sims somewhere to go in the centre of town besides the bar and library. It would make a nice place for a shop or nightclub or café. When they weren't on campus, the students in university I knew all hung out together and even did homework in the local cafés.
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

I do wish that there was at least one more lot -- perhaps a community lot -- in the midst of that shell row housing just to give Sims somewhere to go in the centre of town besides the bar and library. It would make a nice place for a shop or nightclub or café. When they weren't on campus, the students in university I knew all hung out together and even did homework in the local cafés.

Well cafés come with Get Together so they couldn't put one there, but I could totally see plenty of room for a few more empty lots for say a gym and a nightclub. Also doesn't hurt to add more space for uni housing.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    troshalom wrote: »
    The world is probably like Boston where they have Harvard and MIT

Yes, I can definitely see the Britishness of it all, but it does in many ways make me think of Cambridge (Boston) as well. The Harvard/MIT comparison certainly fits.

In my head canon, I see this world being somewhere roughly between Brindleton Bay and Windenburg.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,387 Member

Yeah I hate to bulldoze. The library has the biggest lot which is 50x40. I want to put a bowling alley and skating rink somewhere in this town for the students.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Yes, this is exactly my feeling. I'm not miserable about the number of lots; it's pretty close to what I would want, and I think the number of residential lots is probably adequate. But just one more empty commercial lot in the middle neighborhood would have been perfect. I hate to give up any of the existing residential lots, when the number is just barely adequate, and it would seem weird to have a college town without a bar or library, so I don't really think I'll bulldoze those. It feels like they got so close, and could have improved it immensely with only one or two more lots. (Basically how I felt about the size of Sulani, too.)
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    I wish it had like, 3 more empty lots to build on in the middle part :(
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    The two cottages at 30x20 will be turned into something fun. I love little 20x15 starter-lots so I will let my sim have a little house there.

Looking forward to playing 🙂
  • HausOfSuperHausOfSuper Posts: 1,825 Member
    edited November 2019
    13 lots must be a joke. We’re on Sims 4, not Sims 2. Even Sims 2 had way more lots than this. pathetic.
    Male. INFP. Virgo.