Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lawyer Skills

Sul Sul! So I'm prepping my family for Uni. I have a single dad who is a criminal with a teenage daughter. She doesn't agree with her dads career path so she wants to become a lawyer. She's definitely going to need scholarships. What skills should I work on with her?

Comments

• pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    edited November 2019
    This I would also like to know.

And does anyone know what kind of Law degree there is? What's it called? Do you study at Britchester of Foxbury? I couldn't find any suitable in the livestream yesterday..
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    There isn't an actual Law degree, but some of the degrees contribute to the career.

What was shown in the stream: the Language and Literature degree will contribute towards the Private Attorney branch of the law career, so I'm guessing writing is a necessary skill for that one.
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    They didn't discuss the career in the stream beyond branches (judge or private attorney) but I assume the career will make use of the new debate skill.
  • pallies1pallies1 Posts: 326 Member
    @darrenfroggy @Thetford thank you! I missed that parts.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm very happy if the language & literature degree contributes to the lawyer career; I may finally create my sim self. Other degrees that would make sense would be history and economics, for a start, but we will have to wait and see! I'm also really curious to see what skills will contribute to getting scholarships for some of those degrees, other than general good grades.
  • raybigbearraybigbear Posts: 369 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    They didn't discuss the career in the stream beyond branches (judge or private attorney) but I assume the career will make use of the new debate skill.

I think it's this and maybe logic too
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I presume think of raising up skills you'd think a lawyer might have to start, like writing, logic, charisma, and the new debate skill. :)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png